Deanwick

GBAtemp terror that flaps in the night!
Trophies
Website
batman.jypoly.fi
XP
Country
Finland
...ok,now after a good session with this game I can say that it is better than Crazy Taxi-GBA,but it`s still nothing to write home about. Why the hell do the people ALWAYS go to the same places? It makes the game more repetitive than eating gazillion carrots in a row!!!???

Otherwise,it would be good.The GT2-engine runs the game well,but since its missing buildings and voice-acting,I`d rather play the GC-version of it.(Don`t get me wrong,I DO understand that those things wouldn`t been possible with gba)

Guess I`ll give it a whirl every now and then...

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well actually it would be possible for the gba to at least have the buildings there but it may make the game worse.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking forward to this game, being the first Simpsons game in the GBA. But it isn't what I expected. It's really bad in my opinion.
The frame rate is nice, but the landscapes in the game are difficult to navigate, I've had a hard time determining what are roads and what are not. The destinations in which you have to drive the characters too are quite hard to actually see, and the other modes in the game like Missions are pretty boring. The audio is naff too, doesn't really associate itself much with the Simpsons world.
Oh, and is this game really aimed at kids? One of the missions involves Barney 'after a bad night' decides to take his rage out on Sprinfield mascots, by running them over... so the moral is when your depressed hop in a car and run over all your town's mascots?
huh.gif

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
k... here's my review of my 2 hours of play with this game.

good:
>vehicle handleing, very nice and responsive. i like it alot.
>missions and multiple styles of game play and lots of stuff to unlock.

bad:
>i'm not a fan of the world. The flat image with really wierd hills and more sprite like items for buildings.
>the drop off points. why couldn't they make it like in the PS2, Xbox or GC versions where you actualy drop off at real springfield locations... not these boxes that you have to get to via side dirt roads, which make it very frusterating and difficult.

ugly:
>password save!?! what the hell is this crap... and it sure ain't easy remembering the combos.
>the directonal arrow... it's like having a really crappy co-driver in a rally game... my reactions are quite delayed some times because of this.

final thaughts:
great controls and lots of potential, but... if it wasn't for the password save i'd probably get over all my down sides pointed out and play it... but because of that there just isn't any care for me to play this game much more. if i want a crazy taxi clone... i'll just play crazy taxi "catch a ride".

squiredog

Trophies
XP
Country
nice sprite graphics on the car...and the menu screens are the same as the cube version.
And thats about it...

Yet another mediocre Simpsons game.

You know , I'd have been happier with a Mario Kart rip off if it had some of the simpsons humour.

Apart from the title , there is hardly any reference to the TV series at all.

Fair enough if there's no room for speech , but a few lines of text wouldn't have gone amiss.

I mean its not like its the most popular , well-scripted TV programme in the world.....sheesh!

BlazeHedgehog

Trophies
Website
www.blazefire.tk
XP
Country
I liked Crazy Taxi GBA better. This game.. between the weird Mode 7 scrolling effects and the tiny and ugly sprites (not to mention they used sprites for things like buildings)... it doesn't look all that impressive visually. The framerate is nice and smooth, though.

The music reminds me of every other crappy SNES game -- stupid little cutesy dittys that don't seem to really do anything except make me forget they exist.

Control is nice and tight, which I like. But like Crazy Taxi, the other cars on the road get in the way far too often -- the console versions of both these games, the opposing cars on the road rarely were a problem.

Drop off and pickup locations do keep the game "interesting" in a sense, but in a way it's a very easy game -- whenever I dropped someone off at their destination, there were always two characters waiting not 3ft away ready to hop in and go.

Most of it is very blah. Barely held my interest for 20min.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay