PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Remember to press 'Select' when you have a missile on your tail, it drops a decoy and the missle goes for that. I like this game alot but i still have that problem with it, i can only start the game by pressing L and A, i just unfortunatly (AGAIN!!) started it with A and now my save is gone for the second time. I don't know what is causing it......i flashed it agian wihtout trimming it but with removing the intro and EEPROM patch and it still didn't work. MAybe the problem is the EEPROM patch. Anyone else having difficulties on a F2A? If your not could you tell me if you altered the rom (eg: trimming, intro remove, eeprom patch)

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This game is really cool! I just got 10 kills in a mission which really surprised me!
Try this tactic:
When you are mid-range to the enemy use lasers, and when you get closer use the Mass D. (Mass Driver?)
And use your missiles when you're getting owned by the enemy.
Remember to use the start menu to call your wingmen to your aid, they really do help in a sticky situation.

Me likes this game. Me likes this game a lot!!
Sounds a LOT like the first one for the PC (on 5 1/4 inch floppies! I still have the game in that form!). Lasers are long range, mass drivers mid-range, neutrons close range (but they heat up like nothing else). I personally saved most of my missles for mission objectives or emergencies, though (depended on the type of missle: Dart dumb-fires and Javelin heatseekers worked great for mission objectives, while Pilum friend-or-foe missles are a great emergency breakthrough weapon, and the Image Recognition missle (can't remember the true name) is the bane of all but the most manoeverable ships). I'll have to see if I enjoy this version, though... (/me secretly hopes the pilots and arsenal are like the first game...)

-Tempest out.-

root02

[email protected], GroG Minion, and 2nd Biggest Gee
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
Opium: I'm using a F2A 128Mbit cart, the default loader, no trimming or patch, and it works just fine.
Try that. If you still have issues, then you're screwed...

One thing I really don't like about this game so far is that you can only play the combat sequences. I wanna fly to waypoints, and manually rendezvous with the Midway, and stuff like that. I can do that on the SegaCD Wing Commander...

As far as primary weapons go, Tempest's got it right, not sure about the missles yet.
And I didn't know about the decoy, that'll come in handy...

[[email protected]]# logoff

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
so root02 you didn't EEPROM patch the rom? I thought F2A didn't support EEPROM.
Those decoys are VERY handy, and i like the way you find out what the controls are in the options menu.
I'll try putting Wing Commander with doing nothing to the rom onto my EZ-Flash cart.

root02

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
so root02 you didn't EEPROM patch the rom? I thought F2A didn't support EEPROM.
Those decoys are VERY handy, and i like the way you find out what the controls are in the options menu.
I'll try putting Wing Commander with doing nothing to the rom onto my EZ-Flash cart.
Nope, no patching done here, just loaded it straight on with Aria of Sorrow (and it kept my AoS save
smile.gif
)
Yeah, the controls screen was pretty cool.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
hmmm strange.........I've tryed putting it on my EZ-Flash cart with doing nothing to it and also on my F2A cart with pogoshell 1.2 and not altering the rom and it still wont work. It wont even save on my EZ-Flash cart. hmmm one mor ehting to try is put it on my EZ-Flash cart without using pogoshell on it i fthat doesn't work i might try downloading it again.

OmniXBro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my game freezes in some certain point into the game, is anyone else having this problem? or should i just redownload? (ie. has anyone been able to play until the end without any problem?)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
how do i get roms on this site

all i see are pictures ?????
you don't get roms from this site. If you want roms goto the GBA Scene Links thread.
-
I've managed to gt it to work and save correctly, i had to not alter the rom and put it on my EZ-Flash cart without pogoshell (use default loader). works now.
Any of you tryed multiplayer?? It's pretty damn cool. You can play deathmatch, or team deathmatch and you can have upto 4 computer bots. (unfortunatly you can't play with just bots, you need to have someone else their aswell as the bots). You get to choose your pilot then choose your ship out of about 20 (both numan and alien ships).
The multiplayer for this game is pretty good.

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
i can not express how impressed with Bluerose i am in words... any one watch the intro and compare it to the PC game? let me tell you its dead on... i love it. soo mutch more advanced then Vrally3 omg... the astroid belt with 7-9 3d astroids with a sip in front... impresive needless to say i dont think they where pushing the engine.. but still this game is soo far THE BEST 3D game for the GBA!!!

winalex

Trophies
XP
Country
It is a very great game!
The graphisms are awesome (the best graphics on gba) and the number of missions is enormous!
But you have to play 10 minutes to begin loving this game because it is a little hard and difficult to play...
But i think it is one of the best game on GBA.
Giving orders, seeing team fighting the ennemies, destroying a cruiser and all in the same moment is very ................ B) !

JayNLA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please post a SRAM version of this. I tried patching with fatv8 (etc etc etc) and I can't get it to run at all. I'm using pogoshell and fs2-256. I'm having the same problem with the Hulk too.

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
i am runing it on pogoshell on my Viscosity flash card 256. and it saves perfect. and runs(not just by clicking on it) you goto hold the L button first then hit A
happy.gif
it will show the bios screen animation again then the rom will work.

my only gripe is in the PC ver i could snipe most of my enemies from the start. i find them to small to snipe >_< but thats just a personal gripe. i know the GBA cant do 1024 x 768 so
tongue.gif
oh well... other then that grate game, also cant get the training sim (bubbley thing to the far left of the rec room) to work?

JayNLA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I've tried the L+A with no avail. The Hulk will work for me that way, but not Wing Commander. I was a big fan of the Wing Commander series. I've even seen the crappy movie!!!

root02

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but I've tried the L+A with no avail. The Hulk will work for me that way, but not Wing Commander. I was a big fan of the Wing Commander series. I've even seen the crappy movie!!!
I actually liked the movie, didn't have too much to do with the game, but I thought it was cool nonetheless.
Plus it was the first game-based movie I saw..

[[email protected]]# logoff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat