New: 1034 - Wing Commander Prophecy

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, May 30, 2003.

1. Squiffy

Squiffy GBATemp's Little Embarrassment

Oct 30, 2002
    Northern Ireland
    Sweeeeeeeeet!!! I have been waiting for this for about 4 months (give or take about 4 months).
    I have faith in the game though.
    I will enjoy it!
    Even if I don't, I'll force myself to!

2. romeolovesyou

romeolovesyou Newbie

Haha told ya so. Its even worse than the amiga incarnation

3. ronin_in_tears

ronin_in_tears .:|pr0n$t4r|:.

May 2, 2003
    LV4-26
    It's not that bad, but it sure ain't worth my precious time, that i spend on wind walker at the moment.

Do yourself a favour, go download the PD version of Elite instead. Now that is what i call a conversion.

4. HeinzHarald

HeinzHarald Advanced Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Its great. You just need to get used to the controls. As for graphics they are nice, although you often dont see much since the ships try to keep a distance from you. I just wish they wouldve included the simulator for flight practice.

5. stivsama

stivsama GBA-Tenchan

Oct 24, 2002
    err, did anyone else get a "grainy" dialogue box using an emu? or maybe it's this rom i got. i need to know if i have to replace this or it will just be hopeless, and just buy a copy instead. [​IMG]

6. root02

root02 root@gbatemp.net, GroG Minion, and 2nd Biggest Gee

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    Well, the only part I really found disappointing was the music. Everything else was pretty much what I had expected.

Is the grainy dialog box during the flight sequences? If so, then it's supposed to be like that.

Hmmm... There's a conversion of Elite out? I'll have to get that, seeing how I'm hooked on Freelancer...

[root@your.box]# logoff

7. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    [​IMG] I love this game! From reading the reivews i thought it would be horrible, but i find that i love it!! It's bit hard at first but i suppose i have to get used to the controls. Man this game is going on my flash cart for a long time. The only thing slightly dissapointing is the music and sound, the rest is great! I think this has to be the best looking gba game, have you seen the cutscenes?? I'd love to write more but i have to go off and play this game more [​IMG]

*EDIT*
    I've patched the EEPROM and trimmed it and all that and put it on my flash card. The thing is it only works if i hold L then press A and start it that way. Then when a acidently just Pressed A to start it and then went to do it the other way my save was gone! It wouldn't let me load it, it was working fine before. the save is still in the save banks but it wont show up in the game. So i've started over. Does anyone else have this problem? Should i just keep on playing it and make sure i don't acidently start it with just the A button?

8. root02

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    I haven't had any problems, but I haven't trimmed/patched it at all. What flash card are you using, and shell, if any?

[root@your.box]# logoff

9. FlashAdv

FlashAdv Lord of the Rings Online

Jan 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    wel the game sucks on a emulator thats for sure.
    but i also played in on hardware and i realy liked it [​IMG]

10. LuXo

LuXo Advanced Member

Apr 16, 2003
    I really like it a lot. Usually i dont like space games but i like this one.

root02 is right the worst thing is the music....... who can read all of that text with the music on??? man it really make you go crazy [​IMG]

If you try this game on an emulator better try the real Wing Commander PC, but this game on hardware is really good (thats my impression).

11. yoavavr

yoavavr Member

Newcomer
    May 9, 2003
    Iceland
    This game is ok, it's not that bad... 6/10

12. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    i'm using it on a F2A 256mb, and pogoshell 1.2
    It should work fine, maybe i just need to flash it again or something [​IMG]

13. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2003
    The writing and storyline is abysmal, but the gameplay isn't that bad (kind of reminds me of Freelancer, without the lockon feature) and the 3D engine is impressive.

14. exhale

exhale Advanced Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Sweden?
    I'd say, really BAD game.

I want starfox....

15. KiVan

KiVan Hooray! Member n# 1!!!

Former Staff
    Oct 23, 2002
    Italy
    Italy
    Despite many bad comments i think that the engine of this game is VERY GOOD... and i expect so much from other games using blueroses!
    The gameplay is sweet too if you like first person space games.

I like it [​IMG]

16. stivsama

stivsama GBA-Tenchan

Oct 24, 2002
    I'm just happy that the blue roses engine itself is compatible with VBA, you know? [​IMG]
    Although i think teh engine was used sparingly and this game is like a "taste" of blue roses.
    It could only get better, ne? B)

17. Squiffy

Oct 30, 2002
    Northern Ireland
    It looks like the opinion of this game is split right down the middle!
    As for me? I like the game a lot, although as people have pointed out the music is very bad (is it just me or is the music a 3 second clip looped?).

It's good that you don't get a game over when you fail a mission, just when you die or if you let the main ship get destroyed.

(p.s. What are the orange coloured targets? Are they the ships you have to protect?)

18. SimoxTa

SimoxTa Advanced Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Italy
    Italy - Turin
    here u can download it [​IMG]

http://www.pdroms.de/roms.php?system=Gameb...ames&first=101[

19. Squiffy

Oct 30, 2002
    Northern Ireland
    This game is really cool! I just got 10 kills in a mission which really surprised me!
    Try this tactic:
    When you are mid-range to the enemy use lasers, and when you get closer use the Mass D. (Mass Driver?)
    And use your missiles when you're getting owned by the enemy.
    Remember to use the start menu to call your wingmen to your aid, they really do help in a sticky situation.

Me likes this game. Me likes this game a lot!!

20. root02

Nov 7, 2002
    United States
    A bit off-topic, but I must complement exhale for his taste in sig photos (and I would assume music). That's a nice shot of Yulia...

[root@your.box]# logoff