Netflix announces live action Resident Evil series

Twitter.PNG

Netflix has their latest video game adaptation in the works, announcing this morning that a live action Resident Evil series is on the horizon via their NX on Netflix social media channels. The premier season will consist of eight one hour episodes, and will be focused on the Wesker children as they make the move to New Raccoon City. At the head of the series is Andrew Dabb of Supernatural fame, while The Walking Dead's Bronwen Hughes will be directing the first two episodes. No release date or casting list has been confirmed at this time.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Pretty interesting.
I'm curious to know where this will take place in the timeline, if these are new Wesker children or if it will be focused on the original children from where both Alex and Albert came from.

Looking forward to this!

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by TheCasualties,
Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Netflix has their latest video game adaptation in the works, announcing this morning that a live action Resident Evil series is on the horizon via their NX on Netflix social media channels. The premier season will consist of eight one hour episodes, and will be focused on the Wesker children as they make the move to New Raccoon City. At the head of the series is Andrew Dabb of Supernatural fame, while The Walking Dead's Bronwen Hughes will be directing the first two episodes. No release date or casting list has been confirmed at this time.

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1298949632379121665
Depends how they manage it for sure. I mean are we going full RE5 and RE6 or are we going actually survivial horror routes of RE1-3

Reactions: RyRyIV

RyRyIV

Primitive Screwhead
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Depends how they manage it for sure. I mean are we going full RE5 and RE6 or are we going actually survivial horror routes of RE1-3
I'm holding out hope for a happy medium, leaning towards survival horror. I'm also hoping this tweet is just over simplifying it, and the "Wesker kids" means Project W, which would mean we'd have to have SOME of the RE5 and 6 treatment. But not overdone.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wesker kids?

Wait, are these going to be the nobodies from that Resident Evil Resistence game that came with R3make only if you pre-ordered?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wesker kids?

Wait, are these going to be the nobodies from that Resident Evil Resistence game that came with R3make only if you pre-ordered?
Not quite.
The Wesker Children were first introduced in Resident Evil 5, under Project W.
Basically, it means that Spencer did some experiments on (or even breed) special children with injected viruses, to hopefully create a superior breed of humans with superior abilities.
This is brought up into the second half of RE5 (when Wesker enters the frame), as it seems to be the main reason why Albert Wesker was seeking out Spencer himself, to shed some light on this. And Spencer's motivations seem to be that he wanted to use the experiments to better himself above the rest of the humankind.
Apparently the original Project W ran even before the original RE took place.

This has been going on for like 10+ years already in the RE story.
Albert Wesker is one of the few surviving children, and Alex Wesker from Revelations 2 is another (and the last one from what we know so far).

As to what place in the timeline this will take place, it's unknown.
I would like to see the original Project W and the original Wesker Children experiment on the series, but the whole "New Raccoon City" thing is what throws me off, it might be in the new timeline post RE6. If that's so, I at least hope they bring some light as to why are they doing the same experiment Spencer did yet again, as the original experiment more or less died with the deaths of both Albert and Alex Wesker.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...