Netflix to adapt Gears of War into a live-action film, and an adult-oriented series

1667849557790.png

The Netflix twitter account has announced today that the 16 year-old franchise, Gear of War, will be receiving the live-action treatment in the form of a feature-length film, and then an adult-oriented series will follow. Netflix has partnered up with The Coalition to adapt the franchise, and they tease that beyond the film and the series there will be "more stories to follow".

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm not familiar with this game series, but looking from outside it seems to have a similar story with Halo series, and that is: "me soldier, me shoots".

But they are even making a mario movie, so yeah, good plot on original material means nothing to those adaptations I guess.
Imagine being butthurt about a Mario movie not having Tenet's story.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If NF actually follows the source material and doesn't divert too much from it in order to expand and build on the cinematic lore, and if they leave PC / representation / pandering garbage out then I think there may be hope for the series. If the Halo series is any indication how a studio was able to alienate its fanbase and drive a respected videogame franchise into the ground, I just pray NF doesn't follow suit in that regard.
if they are going to adpt the first game there really isnt much source material to follow it just lets take vantage point on the next building, lets go through here and so on, there is very little plot on the first gears game imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1