Nephew Updated His 3DS to 11.12 And Mod Broke. Best Course of Action?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mranonymous, Nov 7, 2019.

1. mranonymous
    OP

mranonymous GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    I modded a New 2DS XL for my nephew using the Frogminer method. I modded it for him during the previous firmware (11.11.0-43U).

I failed to tell him to ask me before updating, and he updated and said the games are not showing up.

I plan to re-mod it for him using the BannerBomb method. However, I am not sure about the best course of action. Do I need to fully uninstall Luma and revert everything back to normal, and then use BannerBomb? Or is there an easier/better way to go about it?

Thanks for any help.

2. Diego788

Diego788 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2014
    Chile
    Santiago, Chile
    try using faketik, maybe the games aren't appearing because the tickets disappeared?
    https://github.com/ihaveamac/faketik/releases

btw, if the games don't show in the home menu but they appear in data management (with a grey X), it's a problem with the tickets

mranonymous likes this.
  3. mranonymous
    OP

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    Thank you for the quick reply. I will give this a go.

Sorry for the ignorance, but I am so used to CIA files that I forget how .3dsx files work. Do I simply put this file in a particular directory on the SD card?

4. StrifeSephiroth

StrifeSephiroth Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2018
    Dominican Republic
    The .3dsx file goes in /3ds/file.3dsx, sometimes /3ds/file/file.3dsx. Then run with homebrew launcher.

mranonymous likes this.
  5. mranonymous
    OP

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    Ah gotcha. From what he says, the mod is inactive though so I don't believe he has Homebrew access

On another note, I was just reading that 11.12 did not actually patch Luma. He is on an old version of Luma, so should I first just have him update the boot.firm?

6. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Turn on the 3DS and hold (SELECT) button. What version does it state in the Luma3DS v#.# configuration?

mranonymous likes this.
  7. mranonymous
    OP

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    Hello, I am asking him to check and will let you know ASAP. But I had him put the latest Luma (10.0.1) boot.firm on the SD card, so should be what is currently on it

8. mranonymous
    OP

Jul 22, 2018
    United States
    Yes, I've confirmed he is on Luma 10.0.1

9. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Have him downgrade back to Luma3DS v9.1
    Extract and replace the SD card's sdmc:/boot.firm