Homebrew NeoGeo CD

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a shame there is no SMB support. I don't have a SD card with the capacity to hold a Neo CD game...and I'm too broke to purchase a higher spaced card either. So my options are pretty f'd.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally after hours of work, got all the roms extracted and the mp3's renamed. Everything I've tried out runs pretty awesome, so it was worth it. Thanks again Wiimpathy! If I could make one suggestion, if you continue to work on this... Can you get it to boot to the options menu rather than defaulting to the SD card? You have to run a rom off the sd before you can access the menu to switch to usb.. Besides that, I'm loving this Emu!

bg480

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Wiimpathy i havnt been on here in a long time except to look at the front page news but as soon as i get a chance im going to try this out my wifes having a baby and shes got kidney stones so i hardley get to play my wii with all i got going but i appreciate you doing this i knew some one had to be smart enough to code it because god knows im not lol

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing how famously terrible the loading times of the actual NeoGeo CD console are compared to the load times seen on the Wii port, this has piqued my interested.

Now, the question is, any recommendations for games I should look for if I decide to load this up? I'm curious as to what would be the best examples of the platform to look out for and play.
smile.gif

Tanooki16

Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you very much for this port of neo-cd redux
smile.gif

So I made an icon for the Homebrew Channel, for those that want to ^^

Gausen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First I would like to thank Wiimpathy and Jacobeian for the present a past hard work on the emu. I have played this games a lot on real hardware and emulation on PC. The speed is so good and the loading times too. Though loading times are no really accurate (which is a good thing because on the real thing they where very annoying). Let me share some of my experience with this excellent emu.

If something can be done with this two issues, the emu would be even better.
* I can see some graphic glitches on the left vertical strip of the screen. This happens with all games I've tested.
* The volume of the music lowers a little when sound effects are also playing. Maybe it's just some technology of my samsung TV.

This other two issues are irrelevant. I'm just posting them to let you know.
* I have some audio glitches, very few and only on kof 98. I have to check the MP3 encoding to make sure it meets the requirements.
* Music doesn't quite follow the video. You can notice this when using demo option (and if you have played this games on real hardware). This is no problem at all, i'm just telling my findings.

Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Gausen said:
First I would like to thank Wiimpathy and Jacobeian for the present a past hard work on the emu. I

Again, the one we should all thank first is softdev, who initially coded the emulator.
Porting from Gamecube to Wii was actually very simple, mind the few bugs that Wiimpathy hopefully figured out.

QUOTE said:
I can see some graphic glitches on the left vertical strip of the screen. This happens with all games I've tested.

I'm wondering if this is not related to the "fix" with sx limit that was done to avoid black screens.

The volume of the music lowers a little when sound effects are also playing. Maybe it's just some technology of my samsung TV.

don't forget, you can adjust SFX volume ratio in options

your TV does not make any difference between MP3 music and neogeo SFX, it's all mixed in the same audio stream by the emulator and this stream played by the Wii

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Jacobeian said:
Again, the one we should all thank first is softdev, who initially coded the emulator.

Of course we thank softdev. In fact, we can thank the previous authors too (NeoCD Redux is also a port) Fabrice Martinez, Fosters, NJ, Z80 coders, mame coders and so on... The "real" emulation was done by those people. Well, that's the principle of a port (coding in general?), we base our work on others and I personaly never forget that.
However, what we did isn't totally amazing but I don't think it's pure shit either. Nobody has ported this neogeo-cd emu for years. Now, we have it and it's not impossible to add little features.(Jacobeian your help is welcome).

P.S
If Blizzo is still here, Please give some news good or not. At least, I'll know we'll never play snk vs capcom on wii
frown.gif
(it's not a tragedy either).

B

Bladeforce

Bladeforce said:
Use a neat program called bulk rename utility

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

if you dont know of this software you don't use the internet well enough! :-)

For anyone struggling to rename their mp3's with this program, try this...

once run highlight all the files you want to rename in the main window and depending on their names already select the the remove>first n option from the bottom options and keep clicking the up arrow until the main window previews all your files with just the .mp3 extension. Now in the box just to the right of this under ADD>insert type "track" without the quotes and under that select at pos and change the number to 1. The preview window should now should your mp3's as "track.mp3". to add the numbers 02 etc to the end of the track goto the option on the right that says "numbering" and select suffix from the drop down box next to mode. Underneath select 2 in the start box and under that select 2 in the pad box. your preview should now be showing all your mp3's previewed as track02.mp3, track03.mp3 etc Now just press rename in the bottom right corner. Hey presto all your mp3's renamed in a few seconds

Gausen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Jacobeian said:
QUOTE said:
Porting from Gamecube to Wii was actually very simple, mind the few bugs that Wiimpathy hopefully figured out.
Sorry about that. Credits go to softdev and later to Wiimpathy and Jacobeian. Well i maybe can go the way Wiimpathy has pointed and give lots of credits before i can actually credit softdev, Wiimpathy and Jacobeian
laugh.gif

Anyway, its an excellent emulator. I think its something the Wii was lacking (Good and old Neo Geo games). I'm playing a lot with this emu.
don't forget, you can adjust SFX volume ratio in options

your TV does not make any difference between MP3 music and neogeo SFX, it's all mixed in the same audio stream by the emulator and this stream played by the Wii
I know that about the audio streamed. I'm talking about audio options in the tv that allows karaoke or enhanced voice or enhanced music or normalized volume output (and so many other options).

I think i wasn't explaining the bug the right way, I'm sorry about that. Let me explain again: I can hear a music track with a certain volume, then when some sfx takes place the track volume goes down. I don't remember this happening on real hardware. I have followed your advice about sfx ratio. I still hearing the music volume going down when sfx is playing.

I found one case this doesn't happen, when playing Puzzle Bobble music volume remain at the same level regardless of the sfx playing. So, its not the tv.

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
Bladeforce said:
Use a neat program called bulk rename utility

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php

if you dont know of this software you don't use the internet well enough! :-)

For anyone struggling to rename their mp3's with this program, try this...

once run highlight all the files you want to rename in the main window and depending on their names already select the the remove>first n option from the bottom options and keep clicking the up arrow until the main window previews all your files with just the .mp3 extension. Now in the box just to the right of this under ADD>insert type "track" without the quotes and under that select at pos and change the number to 1. The preview window should now should your mp3's as "track.mp3". to add the numbers 02 etc to the end of the track goto the option on the right that says "numbering" and select suffix from the drop down box next to mode. Underneath select 2 in the start box and under that select 2 in the pad box. your preview should now be showing all your mp3's previewed as track02.mp3, track03.mp3 etc Now just press rename in the bottom right corner. Hey presto all your mp3's renamed in a few seconds

Thank you so much Bladeforce ,, took less than 20 minutes to do all my games ..

hungry_wolf_89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello again.

Yesterday i've tested Fatal Fury 3 and in Hong-Fu stage i saw graphical glitch with background. Same glitch also appears in NeoRaine for PC and Xbox.

Here is description with screens - http://rainemu.swishparty.co.uk/msgboard/y...hp?topic=1353.0

It would be great, if Wiimpathy can fix this.

Also, this bug doesn't appear in NeoCDLX for Xbox.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This seems like a cool idea for an emulator but I keep forgetting to try it
tongue.gif
I think I have one or two neogeo cd burns. Ironclad and something else maybe. Or maybe just ironclad.

But I think I have ironclad for Wii already anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...