Homebrew gamecube remote

destinybg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I just baught a wii console today with homebrew installed everything seems to work fine just when I plug my gamecube remote on the top to play the gamecube games my remotes don’t seem to work. I know my remotes work just the wii isn’t reading them? Any info or leads possible to fix this situation. Thank you

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I just baught a wii console today with homebrew installed everything seems to work fine just when I plug my gamecube remote on the top to play the gamecube games my remotes don’t seem to work. I know my remotes work just the wii isn’t reading them? Any info or leads possible to fix this situation. Thank you
A wired GameCube controller is required to play GC games on the Wii.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes thats what i have, i plugged the wire on top were it goes and it still isn’t wanting to work.
You tried cleaning the controller port with Q-Tips and isopropyl alcohol, it might be just dirty.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

destinybg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You tried cleaning the controller port with Q-Tips and isopropyl alcohol, it might be just dirty.
I’ll try that tomorrow, any brand gamecube controllers will work or does it specifically have to be original nintendo gamecube remotes? Person I baught the console from says I need to use orginal nintendo remotes .
Post automatically merged:

How do you know the controller works? Do you have another wii or gamecube to test with?
Yes I have a gamecube that my controllers were working fine on .

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’ll try that tomorrow, any brand gamecube controllers will work or does it specifically have to be original nintendo gamecube remotes? Person I baught the console from says I need to use orginal nintendo remotes .
You still need to get a GameCube controller, Wiimotes will not work in GC-mode.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused - what's the question?

Wiimotes don't work at all when playing GameCube games natively iirc. If you're using Nintendont or Devolution, then they should have an option to use the wiimote and nunchuck as the GameCube controller.

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Don't use extension cables. They will cause trouble.
Keep it simple. Use only the GC controller without extensions.

Also, try plugging in the controller after you start your GC games up. It worked for me :)

destinybg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically when i launch a gamecube
I'm confused - what's the question?

Wiimotes don't work at all when playing GameCube games natively iirc. If you're using Nintendont or Devolution, then they should have an option to use the wiimote and nunchuck as the GameCube controller.
basically when i launch my gamecube games on homebrew my gamecube controller doesn’t want to work at all I’ve tried several gc controllers and nothing

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto