Neogamma r9 won't play back-ups

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by PaulSerafino, Apr 9, 2012.

1. PaulSerafino
    OP

PaulSerafino Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2012
    I just recently softmodded my wii (4.3U) using LetterBomb. I got my wii in late 2007. I installed some cios's (236,249,250) and cannot play any back-ups. I am using memorex 4.7GB DVD-Rs and am burning the disc at 2x speed in IMGburn. The first one I tried was Silent Hill, it failed at 90% while verifying and gave me an error in neogamma (forget the code). I figured it was a bad iso/burn. The next thing I tried was Michael Jackson : The Experience (Don't ask) and it verified without error. When I put it in my wii, neogamma tells me the game code (smoe41) and then gives me a 31100 Open Partition error after checking for patches. I have gotten wiiware games to run, but never a back-up disc. Any idea on how to fix this?

2. Im bored

Im bored Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2007
    United States
    I would try a diferent DVD r brand some of the DVD blanks seam to have issues in the wii

3. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    USB drive ftw.

+ No more buying discs
    + No more scratched media
    + No worries if ur wii is old or new
    + No matter if ur dvd drive is on its way out and not reading discs anyway!

-Initial cost (but you can get a 320gb for next to nothing!

4. PaulSerafino
    OP

PaulSerafino Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 9, 2012
    I already spent $10 on DVDs, any other suggestions before I spend more money on a USB?

5. Sylar1

Sylar1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2009
    United States
    Heck you can get a cheap 16 GB USB drive for like 15 bucks, works fine if you don't mind only a few games on it. Works great for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice