Hacking Neogamma R9 Channels

Do you want all future versions of NeoGamma channels to have autoboot or no autoboot? (Do you need a

• Autoboot needed

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Autoboot NOT needed

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Autoboot AND non-autoboot needed

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if you can't figure it out, I'll take a look at making another autoboot mod when i find the time... it would probably only take me one night to do, but still, I have more interesting things to work on right now, like finalizing my ModMii update
biggrin.gif

good luck! I hope u figure it out so u can save me the trouble of having to do yet another autoboot mod!

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XFlak said:
if you can't figure it out, I'll take a look at making another autoboot mod when i find the time... it would probably only take me one night to do, but still, I have more interesting things to work on right now, like finalizing my ModMii update
biggrin.gif

good luck! I hope u figure it out so u can save me the trouble of having to do yet another autoboot mod!
hi XFlak,
it's ok i'll try to find out some things too, i know you have other important things to do, but could you possibly just explain in short of the things in the pm i sent you?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no prob

I figured I would start responding in this thread instead of PM just in case anyone else will find this info useful.

I think the best course of action for u, would be to open up one of the neogamma files I modified in word, then go to tools-->compare and merge documents, then select the original unmodified r8 neogamma file that my mod was based on. It will then point out ALL the differences (mostly commenting or uncommenting something), then all u have to do, is apply the same changes to the latest neogamma release.

You would need to do this for each file I modified.

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wow i did not know that was an option in the programmer's notepad, cool. i will try it out. thanks for your help.
biggrin.gif
and
bow.gif

*wait, it is in programmers notepad, right? the option.*

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm using word 2007 took me a few seconds to find it but that's another thing to learn about word.
all i did was go to my review tab and clicked compare.
ok NOW you can go back to what you were doing. sry for holding you back.
tongue.gif

all right people neogamma autoboot is on the way...

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey people!
i got some good news and bad news about the autoboot....

the good news is that i have got the autoboot created (thanks to the help of WiiPower and XFlak) and i'm testing it out.

the bad news (not sure if you guys consider this a bad news) is that i won't be making an autoboot for every beta version of NeoGamma. i might skip a few(3-5) betas, but i will definetly make the final versions.

after testing i'll edit and tell if it works or not then i'll make a channel out of it...

EDIT: Uhh...sorry people that was a fail, it did not autoboot...but it did start like a normal NeoGamma. Guess it's back to the drawing baord...

iLuvWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use v9 for my DVD games, but none of them work. I keep getting error 1208 even though it is a DVD-R and I installed cIOS38rev17! HELP PLEASE!

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi iLyvWaffles,
there shouldn't be a problem with the dual layer discs cause i use them and there's no problem, maybe it's a bad burn? what speed do you burn at and what software do you use to burn it? try updating the cios and see what happens. bad iso maybe? what kind of dvd brand do you use? Verbatim is the recommended media. if you have a sd card or a usb type of media, maybe you can put the iso in there and test to see if the game starts. this would rule out the iso being a problem.

Rahoul102

venom910k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did install neogamma r9 successfully but i cannot run the channel everytime i start the channel it resets to wii menu. (is it because i also have the neogamma r7 installed?)
do i have to uninstall neogamma r7 first?

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A little note to everyone viewing my thread(s): Wow I have not been in this forum for a while now anyway this might happen some more as I'm now trying to upgrade my PC and got other work to do, so please be patient I'll try to answer your question ASAP.
venom910k said:
I did install neogamma r9 successfully but i cannot run the channel everytime i start the channel it resets to wii menu. (is it because i also have the neogamma r7 installed?)
do i have to uninstall neogamma r7 first?
Hi venom910k,

I think it was a bad installation, try uninstalling all neogamma channels and then install my channel see if that works for you. What are you using to install the channel?. If it still restarts please tell me.

BlueFlacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'am trying to play gamecube games with cheats, and it doesnt work.
i have done everything that is needed and no cheats will effect the game.

here is a part of an other post that i posted:

wath i did:
-got the right codes and exported it as gct with code manager
-inserted the sd in my wii
-ran Neogamma
-checked the ocarina codes
-chose play from DVD [cause iam playing with the origional disc]
-it has shown searching codes -> codes found -> applying

but as soon as i could play, no cheats where loaded of course >_>

so there is a driver in my head, AND ITS TURNING FRIGGEN INSANE CAUSE THIS IS NOT WORKING
in other words: iam getting frikken mad because wathever i try, nothing works

how do i get this to work right?

EDIT: and yes, i have codes that WORK for my regio

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlueFlacon said:

wath i did:
-ran Neogamma

so there is a driver in my head, AND ITS TURNING FRIGGEN INSANE CAUSE THIS IS NOT WORKING

Hi BlueFlacon,
Thanks for clearing that you have the right codes. But I don't think it is because of the region, it may be because of the codes or (a) setting(s) in neogamma.

You might have too many codes (which might not be the problem) or one of the codes is causing some problems. Did you check if the codes are compatible with each other? Usually the creator of the code will tell if you can't use the code with certain other codes. This happened to me with another game, what I did was, I used only the main codes that would help me the most in the game. (For example on Super Mario Galaxy, you may want infinite health and lives, and unlimited coins and star bits). Try using the codes and do the action or whatever that the code is for, test them out to make sure that the some or all the codes work or not.

It could be something wrong with the settings in neogamma, try changing the hooktype to ossleepthread. Did you get all the gamecube settings fixed?

BlueFlacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rahoul102 said:
BlueFlacon said:

wath i did:
-ran Neogamma

Hi BlueFlacon,
Thanks for clearing that you have the right codes. But I don't think it is because of the region, it may be because of the codes or (a) setting(s) in neogamma.

You might have too many codes (which might not be the problem) or one of the codes is causing some problems. Did you check if the codes are compatible with each other? Usually the creator of the code will tell if you can't use the code with certain other codes. This happened to me with another game, what I did was, I used only the main codes that would help me the most in the game. (For example on Super Mario Galaxy, you may want infinite health and lives, and unlimited coins and star bits). Try using the codes and do the action or whatever that the code is for, test them out to make sure that the some or all the codes work or not.

It could be something wrong with the settings in neogamma, try changing the hooktype to ossleepthread. Did you get all the gamecube settings fixed?

Thanks for helping me, but your awnser did not work =[
iam only using 1 code wich isnt know to screw up the others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019