Hacking Neogamma R9 Channels

Do you want all future versions of NeoGamma channels to have autoboot or no autoboot? (Do you need a

• Autoboot needed

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Autoboot NOT needed

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Autoboot AND non-autoboot needed

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got it up, try it and see if it works for you. It's on the first page.
Thanks, I'll have a go with it and report back.

Edit: It works like I expected, thanks again for doing this. :)
No problem, happy it worked for you. :)

Note: All files before beta 53 are no longer available because Megaupload went down, permanently.
Files include: NeoGamma R9 beta 53 channels and earlier, all of NeoGamma R8 channels and autoboots, and Multi-Mod-Manager channel.
I'll try to reupload them again in the next few weeks to Mediafire.
Btw I just realized this.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
This should speed up file making for your autoboot channels. Add this under the defines to main.c:
Code:
// Needed for Autoboot code part 3
void identify_IOS(u8 ios_slot, u8 *ios_base, u32 *ios_revision, char *ios_string);
u32 screenheight;
char ios_info[64];

Uncomment autoboot part 1 and 2, then replace part 3 with this:
Code:
// Autoboot code part 3
if (autoboot)
{
clearmenu();
write_font(185, 125 + 1*24,true, "Launching Game");
identify_IOS(CIOS_VERSION, NULL, NULL, ios_info);
// Replace "b54" with the correct version
write_font(68, screenheight - 60,true, "NeoGamma R9 b54, %s", ios_info);
apploader();
sleep(6);
clearmenu();
} else
{
write_font(80, screenheight - 60,true, "Autoboot canceled");
VIDEO_WaitVSync();
t = time(NULL) + 3; // Wait 3 seconds for button pressing to stop
while (time(NULL) < t) ;
clearscreen(xfb, 20, screenheight - 60, 278, 24, 0x00800080);
}
And comment this out in apploader.c
Code:
tell_cIOS_to_return_to_channel();

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This should speed up file making for your autoboot channels. Add this under the defines to main.c:
Code:
// Needed for Autoboot code part 3
void identify_IOS(u8 ios_slot, u8 *ios_base, u32 *ios_revision, char *ios_string);
u32 screenheight;
char ios_info[64];

Uncomment autoboot part 1 and 2, then replace part 3 with this:
Code:
// Autoboot code part 3
if (autoboot)
{
clearmenu();
write_font(185, 125 + 1*24,true, "Launching Game");
identify_IOS(CIOS_VERSION, NULL, NULL, ios_info);
// Replace "b54" with the correct version
write_font(68, screenheight - 60,true, "NeoGamma R9 b54, %s", ios_info);
apploader();
sleep(6);
clearmenu();
} else
{
write_font(80, screenheight - 60,true, "Autoboot canceled");
VIDEO_WaitVSync();
t = time(NULL) + 3; // Wait 3 seconds for button pressing to stop
while (time(NULL) < t) ;
clearscreen(xfb, 20, screenheight - 60, 278, 24, 0x00800080);
}
And comment this out in apploader.c
Code:
tell_cIOS_to_return_to_channel();
Thanks again JoostinOnline. :) I will do that in the next version.

Reactions: 1 person

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again JoostinOnline. :) I will do that in the next version.
No problem, glad to help. Thanks for keeping these up to date. I'm planning on making a list of workarounds for the new Motion+ controllers (they don't work in homebrew) and I'll link to this thread for disc loading.

Hopefully WiiPower will consider this.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, @[member='rahoul102']. Just wanted to mention when you re-upload the files not to forget about the forwarder since I like to just replace my dol rather then install another channel. Thanks for your work everything looks great.

I was wondering if you would consider changing the title ID to the one on gametdb.com (neogamma-cover) since it would show up on usbloaders like wiiflow. I've already done so with ShowMiiWads but I thought it would be cool to be able to d/load any future channels that way already. Also I noticed your startup IOS is 35 for the channel & forwarder, if I change it to IOS58 would it perform any better on both, or just the forwarder since it'll be reading from USB that way?

Thanks for taking the time to create these channels and forwarders.

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, @[member='rahoul102']. Just wanted to mention when you re-upload the files not to forget about the forwarder since I like to just replace my dol rather then install another channel. Thanks for your work everything looks great.

I was wondering if you would consider changing the title ID to the one on gametdb.com (neogamma-cover) since it would show up on usbloaders like wiiflow. I've already done so with ShowMiiWads but I thought it would be cool to be able to d/load any future channels that way already. Also I noticed your startup IOS is 35 for the channel & forwarder, if I change it to IOS58 would it perform any better on both, or just the forwarder since it'll be reading from USB that way?

Thanks for taking the time to create these channels and forwarders.
Sorry for the late reply, thanks for reminding me, I will upload the forwarder and thanks for the complement. As for the title ID change I don't think I should change it because a lot of people have been using the current title ID. But I might change it to that if and when NeoGamma R10 betas come out. Personally I haven't tried the IOS58 for loading up the channels but you can try it and see if it works for you.

EDIT: I re-uploaded the forwarder channel.

Reactions: 1 person

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could always try dropbox, if that works out better for you.

By the way... you'll be pleased to know, that I've chosen to stick with your Autoboot Channel over "NeoCorp". As it doesn't actually support decrypted discs directly from the Disc Channel (even though NeoGamma does anyway, which is odd).

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could always try dropbox, if that works out better for you.

By the way... you'll be pleased to know, that I've chosen to stick with your Autoboot Channel over "NeoCorp". As it doesn't actually support decrypted discs directly from the Disc Channel (even though NeoGamma does anyway, which is odd).
Yeah I heard about dropbox it's pretty good but the only problem is that I can only store upto 2GB. But My files are usually 1MB to 3MB, so I should be ok with it. Thanks for the suggestion, so I'll be using it and thanks for choosing my Autoboot :D .

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry about all these changes to the file hosting site for my files. Unfortunetly Dropbox didn't really work for me but thanks for the suggestion LWares87. I've went with Deposit Files, which does sort of work for me. I'm sorry if you don't like Deposit Files because there is a 60sec wait to it.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about all these changes to the file hosting site for my files. Unfortunetly Dropbox didn't really work for me but thanks for the suggestion LWares87. I've went with Deposit Files, which does sort of work for me. I'm sorry if you don't like Deposit Files because there is a 60sec wait to it.
I suggest mediafire.

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suggest mediafire.
I've tried Mediafire but it causes problem's with adfly, but thanks for the suggestion.
+1, any other hoster then your just in it for the $$$$$$ from downloads
No I want to help people too not just make money. To be honest I'm only getting about $5 a month for this that's why I was changing hosts. But hey it's still free and I'm not charging anyone.
I'm a freelancer and I usually need some motivation to get me started on these you know :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.