Hacking Neogamma R9 Channels

Do you want all future versions of NeoGamma channels to have autoboot or no autoboot? (Do you need a

• Autoboot needed

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Autoboot NOT needed

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Autoboot AND non-autoboot needed

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

Mr.Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rahoul102 said:
Mr.Guy said:
rahoul102 said:
Mr.Guy said:
I've been out of the scene for a while and dont fully understand all this IOS and cIOS but when I try to install the wad it says error ret = -2011. What exactly should I do?
what firmware version do you have?
what cios version do you have?

I just installed cIOS 17 and am on 4.0 U
have you put any hacks/softwares/channels/ or other things on your wii?
is this your first time installing wads?
if your wii is not softmoded(software modification) try looking for some guides to do that.
search around in this site, you should be able to find some good ones.

Try this:
if you have homebrew go here download it extract it and put it in apps folder on sd card. start up this app and go to wad manager and try installing my wad from there.

I hacked my Wii the day the original twilight hack was released and have installed many wads and the hombrew channel on my Wii. When I open my wad manager up and try to install this wad as a channel I get that ret = -2011 error and it will not install. Sorry for any confusion.

Ill try your link and edit this post with my results.

EDIT: It seems my wad manager was out of date! It installed just fine. Just one more problem...the reboot with hooks option does not work. How do I fix this? Oh and why the F*** does it say "You are stupid" if I try loading ocarina with ANY GAME? I read the first post and I don't understand why its not possible to play backups with codes. I swear I've done it before.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I'm confused. All you have to do is install the .wad? And it's in there? o.O Isn't there more?

Edit: Disregard this =P I installed R9. Thanks for the .wad.

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Guy said:
rahoul102 said:
Mr.Guy said:
rahoul102 said:
Mr.Guy said:
I've been out of the scene for a while and dont fully understand all this IOS and cIOS but when I try to install the wad it says error ret = -2011. What exactly should I do?
what firmware version do you have?
what cios version do you have?

I just installed cIOS 17 and am on 4.0 U
have you put any hacks/softwares/channels/ or other things on your wii?
is this your first time installing wads?
if your wii is not softmoded(software modification) try looking for some guides to do that.
search around in this site, you should be able to find some good ones.

Try this:
if you have homebrew go here download it extract it and put it in apps folder on sd card. start up this app and go to wad manager and try installing my wad from there.

I hacked my Wii the day the original twilight hack was released and have installed many wads and the hombrew channel on my Wii. When I open my wad manager up and try to install this wad as a channel I get that ret = -2011 error and it will not install. Sorry for any confusion.

Ill try your link and edit this post with my results.

EDIT: It seems my wad manager was out of date! It installed just fine. Just one more problem...the reboot with hooks option does not work. How do I fix this? Oh and why the F*** does it say "You are stupid" if I try loading ocarina with ANY GAME? I read the first post and I don't understand why its not possible to play backups with codes. I swear I've done it before.

Sorry that i didn't get to you guys soon, i've been very busy. i know that you can run codes with backups but maybe you're doing something wrong. maybe you don't have the right hook type? try ossleepthread thing, forgot spelling but it's something lik that.

your welcome Daizu
if you have any other questions, ask me

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've added the forwarder channel if anyone needs one.
if i don't update the channel, you can just put the latest neogamma boot.dol in one of the destinations.(look at the top of my first post for it)

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drag0nflamez said:
rahoul102 said:
Drag0nflamez said:
Does this thing work with NSMBW out of the box?
well it worked when i tried it.

So it works when I am on 4.2E updated through Nintendo?
i have 4.1u updated through other wii softwares, not by nintendo. if you didn't hack your wii(softmod) or tried to downgrade it, that's what i would try to do.
so do you already have my channel installed?
have you tried any other backups?
BTW if the game is retail and you have 4.2E updated through nintendo, your game should work without my channel.

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
rahoul102 said:
Drag0nflamez said:
rahoul102 said:
Drag0nflamez said:

i have 4.1u updated through other wii softwares, not by nintendo. if you didn't hack your wii(softmod) or tried to downgrade it, that's what i would try to do.
BTW if the game is retail and you have 4.2E updated through nintendo, your game should work without my channel.
i mean backup

I don't like installing wads though - i only install them when its needed (to fix bugs, add compabillity etc)

yes other backups work - I'm not saying that I already tried it.

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Drag0nflamez said:
rahoul102 said:
Drag0nflamez said:
rahoul102 said:
Drag0nflamez said:

i mean backup

I don't like installing wads though - i only install them when its needed (to fix bugs, add compabillity etc)

yes other backups work - I'm not saying that I already tried it.
WiiPower said that the game works so try it and see. feel free to install my wad to try it, if you want.

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is the forwarder working well?
i didn't get the chance to try it myself but i had one of my friends test it and it works.
so is it working for you guys?

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please vote, thank you
biggrin.gif

speedy1632

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My wii is 4.2U and im trying to install the recommended wiigator mios but when I do it I get a error saying something about use ios36 with trucha bug?

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
speedy1632 said:
My wii is 4.2U and im trying to install the recommended wiigator mios but when I do it I get a error saying something about use ios36 with trucha bug?
sry for the long wait, was really busy.
im not sure about mios as i haven't used it yet. but i do have waninkoko's cios38 rev 19 installed.
if it says to use ios36 with trucha bug i would try to do it after a whole system backup(you might not know what could happen)

rdz_michael

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kakarotto87 said:
My wii is softmoded. I can run NSMB now with usb loader...

I cant test if it will run by disc because I don't have a DVD to write the image file. LOL.
Thank you

Can you PLEASE send me the RAR files? Maybe just the ISO itself? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for them and I haven't had any luck.

rahoul102

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sry again people my computer crashed and so i had to reinstall every program i had installed before, including the ones i use to make these channels.
ive posted beta 34, the latest one at the time of this post.
beta 27-33 were not added because i thought there was no need to make a channel of those previous versions.

but if you do want one of them please tell me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr