Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, i think you need to understand a few things. You are doing way too much testing!

If a game works in NeoGamma beta 2x, it will most likely work in the latest version as well. If a game works with disabled reloader, it will most likely work with enabled or forced reloader as well.

NeoGamma's GC loader is an improved version of WiiGator's loader ==> if a game works WiiGator's loader, it should work in NeoGamma as well, if not, it's a serious bug. But you have to consider the different boot methods:
WiiGator press A == NeoGamma with video mode disc AND without reloader
WiiGator press start no help in for example 007.

In short, after confirming that your new disc worked in the latest NeoGamma without reloader, you should have stopped your testing.

About the other loaders: I don't think any of them includes an own GC loader, they all boot GC games the same way NeoGamma does with GC mode set to MIOS. They will play most games, but only if you have a cMIOS with an integrated loader installed. The cMIOS i linked in the 1st post, doesn't have a loader integrated.

velocity7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Fox Assault (NTSC-J) boots and loads, but all the text is garbled; as if Japanese fonts were not loaded. Furigana for Japanese text appears to load, however. This problem happens on NeoGamma and WiiGator's loader.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
velocity7 said:
Star Fox Assault (NTSC-J) boots and loads, but all the text is garbled; as if Japanese fonts were not loaded. Furigana for Japanese text appears to load, however. This problem happens on NeoGamma and WiiGator's loader.

What's Furigana? I can try to get the language patching for wii games to work in GC games, but don't get your hopes too high. I have looked at it once, and it seemed to work differently(=i won't be able to figure it out) from the wii it does for wii games. Also i'm just blindly guess that the problem is a result of a wrong language setting.

What system menu region do you have?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
velocity7 said:
English region here. Also for furigana:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furigana

I will look into this problem. Maybe it does write somewhere into memory what region the wii is, because i don't know how a GC game would read the data from the nand, because it doesn't even know what nand is.

But don't expect too much, i really only know very little about this stuff.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why changing the video mode (in GC options) stopped the game from loading. When I changed the video mode from Disc to Wii, the game would not boot some times. My Wii and the backup are both NTSC U versions, and my Wii is set to work with my old tube TV. Is this setting just for if somebody has a tv that requires a different input than was available when the disc was produced.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SickPuppy said:
I don't get why changing the video mode (in GC options) stopped the game from loading. When I changed the video mode from Disc to Wii, the game would not boot some times. My Wii and the backup are both NTSC U versions, and my Wii is set to work with my old tube TV. Is this setting just for if somebody has a tv that requires a different input than was available when the disc was produced.

If it's a random issue, then it might be a random result that the one setting never works. If wii region = disc region, then video mode wii and disc should boot the game with the exact same video mode. But there might be some bug in the video mode code, i will look at it tomorrow.

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, trying to get Super Mario Sunshine (GMSE01) to work with ocarina,

I've tried all hooktypes, with different codes enabled and disabled, but they all freeze at green screen.
Neogamma finds the codes, but the game wont load.

EDIT: I have the same problem with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (GSNE8P), but with this, it doesn't even green screen, it hangs at the NeoGamma GC Backup Launcher screen, after "Enabled Audio Streaming"

Please note: Both games work without trying to apply codes.

jimpolsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i burned my wii game with a dvd+r ...y isnt it working i thought dvd+r's work with neogamma ...and if they dont what other backup launchers load dvd+r? thnx

and is there any ios or cios to make it work?
smile.gif
thnx to anyone who helps me

jimpolsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you tell me how to change the booktype settings because i have a "lightscribe dvd supermulti drive / cd-writer" and i burn dvd+r dynex disk's ? :)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SOS-Rens said:
When I try to run a GC game I'll get this error
No audio streaming - Failed to read DVD 232 - Error 0x31100 Ready - Halting
what does is means and how to fix it

Do you have a modchip? Do you have any working GC backups? Which cIOS do you have? Do you have working wii backups on disc?

jimpolsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do u get metal gear solid twin snakes to work with this ...i get a green screen then it goes back to the system menu !
hate2.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jimpolsky said:
how do u get metal gear solid twin snakes to work with this ...i get a green screen then it goes back to the system menu !
hate2.gif

Did you try both reloader settings? Is it using NeoGamma's GC launcher?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: A little yeah...