Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Namco_Museum_50th_Anniversary_USA works now without errors i have been leaving the settings all the same to boot each game i try always internal mios and fast

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cobleman said:
Namco_Museum_50th_Anniversary_USA works now without errors i have been leaving the settings all the same to boot each game i try always internal mios and fast

Thanks, just be careful with the high plugin. Hmm, i think i made NeoGamma not save it, so it should be fine.

PS: Do you have any music in the game? The compatiblity list says something about missing music.

xbman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm having an a problem trying to use Action Replay (1.14b) with the latest NeoGamma.

I can get it to boot Action Replay, but when I swap discs, it just hangs at a black screen.

It does work for me using backup launcher (WiiGator) 0.2 (using reloading option)

The game I'm most interested in is Metal Gear Solid - Twin Snakes, but I have the same issue trying to launch any game from Action Replay.

My current setup:

US/NTSC Wii running 4.3 (upgraded with wanins 4.3b updater).
Latest Wanin CIOS
Latest Hermes CIOS
Latest Priiloader (just have the no updates, remove copy protection set)
BootMii (installed as IOS only as I can't install boot 2 on this Wii)

I tried several different GC settings, but believe currently it's set as:

1) Internal (believe this is correct, but also tried MIOS)
2) Wii (tried disc as well)
3) No
4) Fast (tried forced as well)
5) No (tried Yes as well)

I doubt I tried all possible combinations, though.

All other NeoGamma settings are their default, except Yes to save configuration.

Also cMIOS was updated with the installer on the first page of this post (based on v4 as I believe that's the only version that will boot Action Replay). I also tried with Action Replay 1.0.8 and same results.

Last, MGS boots fine outside of Action Replay.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry if i oversee it, but did you mention the most important info? On which disc do you have Action Replay? And is the Action Replay and/or the game disc a multi game disc?

Currently only 1:1 backup of Action Replay + 1:1 backup both each on a single game disc
and
Action Replay and game on the same multi game disc(select game with Z button before booting Action Replay)
should work. If you want to use Action Replay on a multi game disc, that doesn't contain Action Replay, that's currently not possible. Also currently it only supports backups of Action Replay, the retail disc won't work, of if you have a modchip.

If you are using one of the 2 above setups and it doesn't work, it's a bug. When changing the code for it, i may have screwed it up, but i can't test it myself and you are the 1st reporting it.

PS: If i only partly screwed up, then it may work with reloader set to force

xbman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully this answers your questions:

1) Action replay is burned to a DVD (obviosuly not retail and I'm unsure of region, but let's you select US, PAL or JPN Codes).
2) MGS is only 2 DVDs as well (this is a 1:1 of the US/NTSC release) and yes it's multi-disc retail.
3) No mod-chip in this Wii

So if I am understanding you correctly, if I create a multi game disc with Action Replay and both discs of MGS, that should work?

WiiPower said:
I'm sorry if i oversee it, but did you mention the most important info? On which disc do you have Action Replay? And is the Action Replay and/or the game disc a multi game disc?

Currently only 1:1 backup of Action Replay + 1:1 backup both each on a single game disc
and
Action Replay and game on the same multi game disc(select game with Z button before booting Action Replay)
should work. If you want to use Action Replay on a multi game disc, that doesn't contain Action Replay, that's currently not possible. Also currently it only supports backups of Action Replay, the retail disc won't work, of if you have a modchip.

If you are using one of the 2 above setups and it doesn't work, it's a bug. When changing the code for it, i may have screwed it up, but i can't test it myself and you are the 1st reporting it.

PS: If i only partly screwed up, then it may work with reloader set to force

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
cobleman said:

Thanks, just be careful with the high plugin. Hmm, i think i made NeoGamma not save it, so it should be fine.

PS: Do you have any music in the game? The compatiblity list says something about missing music.
No there is no menu music

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
WiiPower, do you have a GC, a modded one ?
Do u need one ?
smile.gif

xbman

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I created a multi disc with AR 1.14b and both MGS - TTS discs, but I still have the same problem that when I go to load the game, I just get a black screen. The Wii doesn't completely freeze, as when pressing the power button it will reset.

I tested the same disc with backup launcher .2 and it works with that (using Z to select the second disc, then loading AR, then launching the game).

I'm not sure if it really is an issue with Neogamma, or something with my settings.

I have another Wii (it has a d2ckey installed), but does not have a cMIOS, but if I have time tomorrow, I'll install a cMIOS and see if I can get it to work on that Wii (both should be 100% identical - except the modchip) and let you know the results.

Thanks for all the hard work! I really appreciate it as every Wii / GC (without AR) that I tried loading from disc has worked perfectly!!!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OuahOuah said:
Do u need one ?
smile.gif

I have a GC, but i do no inttentions getting into the GC scene. Besides, for running GC hombrew on a GC, you need either a modchip, or a network adapter and a PSO disc, right? I don't like that.

xbman said:
Hi,

I created a multi disc with AR 1.14b and both MGS - TTS discs, but I still have the same problem that when I go to load the game, I just get a black screen. The Wii doesn't completely freeze, as when pressing the power button it will reset.

I tested the same disc with backup launcher .2 and it works with that (using Z to select the second disc, then loading AR, then launching the game).

I'm not sure if it really is an issue with Neogamma, or something with my settings.

I have another Wii (it has a d2ckey installed), but does not have a cMIOS, but if I have time tomorrow, I'll install a cMIOS and see if I can get it to work on that Wii (both should be 100% identical - except the modchip) and let you know the results.

Thanks for all the hard work! I really appreciate it as every Wii / GC (without AR) that I tried loading from disc has worked perfectly!!!

It will work worse on the chipped Wii. I guess i have to review that code, but it's a bit strange that WiiGator's loader loads the retail disc, it's not supposed to do that. I will tell you if i made changes that might repair the Action Replay support.

cobleman said:
WiiPower said:
QUOTE(cobleman @ Jul 19 2010, 03:25 PM)

No there is no menu music

Thanks, i will edit the compatibilty list accordingly.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
OuahOuah said:
Do u need one ?
smile.gif

I have a GC, but i do no inttentions getting into the GC scene. Besides, for running GC hombrew on a GC, you need either a modchip, or a network adapter and a PSO disc, right? I don't like that.
Right.

DOBERMAN421

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thx wiipower,baten kaitos origins work fine, patch with fstfix TSG ,switch work perfectly, 30 hours disc 2. no freeze etc.... but i can hear the song work must fine with mios patcher v2 base mios v8 . so very thx for your work

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
But when you say the retail disc works with pretty much everything, that startles me a little. Retail discs are not supposed to work with WiiGator's loader. Hmm, maybe that's the loader you didn't try.

Yes, GCBL 0.1 Xi and GCBL 0.2 both boot the retail disc. At first there is a disc error, then the screen goes green for a few seconds, then the disc loads and game plays fine. Perhaps it's the new cMIOS.
grog.gif

** I did use the A button to load the disc **

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SickPuppy said:
WiiPower said:
But when you say the retail disc works with pretty much everything, that startles me a little. Retail discs are not supposed to work with WiiGator's loader. Hmm, maybe that's the loader you didn't try.

Yes, GCBL 0.1 Xi and GCBL 0.2 both boot the retail disc. At first there is a disc error, then the screen goes green for a few seconds, then the disc loads and game plays fine. Perhaps it's the new cMIOS.
grog.gif

** I did use the A button to load the disc **

Oh. It's not booting via backup launcher then, if the loading fails, it boots the MIOS, i forgot. But NeoGamma doesn't do that, so you never need to test a retail disc in WiiGator's loader.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone got James bond Nightfire GC Save for me? I cant seem to find one on the internet.

Thanks.

Edit: Ofterdingen gave me a save file. So no need anymore
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi