Hacking NeoGamma R9 beta

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OuahOuah said:
Might be stupid but why can't we have an option to "fix streaming sound on the fly" in NeoGamma, like in real GC + Viper chip ?

One of us is having a big problem to understand this:
Either i am wrong, and fstfix does transform audio streams to something the gamecube games can play even if audio streaming is not supported
or you are wrong, and you expect way too much from fstfix, it just allows the games to be played without the audio streams

From what i have heard the game does not work on softmodded Wiis on everything else than NeoGamma R9 beta 31+. Also Fstfix does not get it to work, nor does it enable anything that is not able to play audio streams to play the background music in Ikaruga. Prove me wrong, if i'm wrong.

NeoGamma automatically patches the games to do nothing when the game asks for audio streams to be played. The fix for Ikaruga returns another value when it is asked for the audio streaming status. It has to be enabled for the game seperately, because this behavior breaks Eternal Darkness. A proper handling of this would be nice, but it's too complicated for me, as i would need a timer and more knowledge to be able to tell which part of the audio stream is currently played and when it is finished.

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Mmmm

I only remember the old GC time.

Let's go back some years ago.

You have an ISO and a viper-modded GC.

You burn the ISO without FSTFIX it with stream option, you lanch the game in GC.
Your ears died ! Horrible scratch sound when music comes, but game is playable
smile.gif

Back to your computer, you FSTFIX the ISO with stream option ON, burn it, you launch the game and play nicely with good music
smile.gif

But at the end of GC / Viper life, the bios had a new option "stream fix" and it normally does the FSTFIX "stream option" job without the need of fixing before burning.

I personnally never tested this bios option because I ALWAYS FSTFIX/stream my ISOs before burning so...

I hope I explain well to be understood because my question was : what about a NeoGamma option like the one in modchip bios on GC "stream fix" : you put "off" with a "bad iso burned" and sound ingame is horrible and you put "on" and music is good.

And now to help, I have DVD burned with games that work in a modded GC with good sound/music.
I can rip them back to ISO (I think).
Of course can't play them on Wii because GC was ok with DVD+R and Wii only accept -R
tongue.gif
so...

Ho and maybe I'm stupid / wrong and do not understand something so excuse me in advance in case of
wink.gif

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
I f I put a GC game burned on a DVD+R in the Wii, it is not recognized because it was burn some year ago without any "bitset" trick
smile.gif

So now I burn games (Wii or GC) DVD-R because I think my burner can't change bitset. HAve tried but seems to fail.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OuahOuah said:
Mmmm

I only remember the old GC time.

Let's go back some years ago.

You have an ISO and a viper-modded GC.

You burn the ISO without FSTFIX it with stream option, you lanch the game in GC.
Your ears died ! Horrible scratch sound when music comes, but game is playable
smile.gif

Back to your computer, you FSTFIX the ISO with stream option ON, burn it, you launch the game and play nicely with good music
smile.gif

But at the end of GC / Viper life, the bios had a new option "stream fix" and it normally does the FSTFIX "stream option" job without the need of fixing before burning.

I personnally never tested this bios option because I ALWAYS FSTFIX/stream my ISOs before burning so...

I hope I explain well to be understood because my question was : what about a NeoGamma option like the one in modchip bios on GC "stream fix" : you put "off" with a "bad iso burned" and sound ingame is horrible and you put "on" and music is good.

And now to help, I have DVD burned with games that work in a modded GC with good sound/music.
I can rip them back to ISO (I think).
Of course can't play them on Wii because GC was ok with DVD+R and Wii only accept -R
tongue.gif
so...

Ho and maybe I'm stupid / wrong and do not understand something so excuse me in advance in case of
wink.gif

Ah ok, a viper-modded GC is audio streaming compatible then, just needs a little help. I think it only moves the audio streams on the disc(so they are aligned), and maybe it changes the audio streams with the unusal size to ones with usual size. Anyways, i haven't heard of anything yet that enables audio streams if your "setup" does not allow audio streams.

Jazz926

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

Will finally my soft modded Wii is sorta working.

NeoGamma, Uloader and USB loader GX will detect my USB Flash drive and my game (Pangya)

However when I click on the game to load, NeoGamma will load the game into a green screen and nothing will happen.

Whereas the other two USB loaders will boot the game into a black screen and nothing will happen after that.

If anyone can help me out with this, it is much appreciated.

Cheers.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 is listed as not working in the compatibility list

QUOTE said:
"An error has occurred. Turn the Power off and refer to the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions." (Booting from a multigame disc).

This title works with Neogamma r9b32, internal mode, rebooter turned on. When I turn off the rebooter then the above error occurs after the intro. I am booting from a single ISO disc, not compressed.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Everybody:
Could somebody confirm if Action Replay works again with beta32? (don't test if you don't have it working in Wiigator's loader)

If anybody wants to test more games, i suggest to wait a little. I plan to reorganize the menu a little with an extra test menu, it will contain the following options:
- Boot with patched MIOS(i don't plan to allow doing that by default, and it's a bit work to do, so don't expect it too soon. If a game works with that, but not the regular way, i'm doing something wrong and i want to fix that instead of booting the MIOS)
- Use high plugin(makes the plugin use memory right before 0x81800000, helps with games that do crap to 0x80001800, like Pokemon Box or Phantasy Star. Better would be if somebody could translate the Action Replay Master codes for these games to C code for me)
- Use forced reloader(so far only James Bond games require this, it is slower than the fast reloader(obviously) so i will only enable it for testing or games that really require it. Better would be if i would figure out a way to speed up the reloader for James Bond. Well i fear it might have 3 executables in memory at the same time, which the backup plugin can't handle(highly theoretically))
- "Audio Status Request fix"(the thing that gets Ikaruga to work, but would break Eternal Darkness and others)

Also maybe i'll come up with something else that increases the compatibilty in the meantime. I will try to capture the memory setup the MIOS uses, maybe there's a little error in NeoGamma's memory setup.

So please don't test now.

SickPuppy said:
Midway Arcade Treasures 3 is listed as not working in the compatibility list

QUOTE said:
"An error has occurred. Turn the Power off and refer to the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions." (Booting from a multigame disc).

This title works with Neogamma r9b32, internal mode, rebooter turned on. When I turn off the rebooter then the above error occurs after the intro. I am booting from a single ISO disc, not compressed.

Thanks, i updated the compatibility list.

House64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's good to see that WiiPower works hard on NeoGamma to try to make it more compatible. NeoGamma progresses well, I was in holidays and when I was retourned at home and download Neogamma beta30, all compatibles games works correctly with "disk" video mode.
smile.gif

But : "Use forced reloader(so far only James Bond games require this)"

I tested "007 Everything Or Nothing" : It doesn't work. But maybe my backup is corrupt...

(Sorry for my bad english)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
House64 said:
It's good to see that WiiPower works hard on NeoGamma to try to make it more compatible. NeoGamma progresses well, I was in holidays and when I was retourned at home and download Neogamma beta30, all compatibles games works correctly with "disk" video mode.
smile.gif

But : "Use forced reloader(so far only James Bond games require this)"

I tested "007 Everything Or Nothing" : It doesn't work. But maybe my backup is corrupt...

(Sorry for my bad english)

Haha, i just posted about this game in another forum, apparently it's not working in SD-Boot either.

1. Try reloader set to forced
2. Try to get your hands on a savegame, i think Nightfire doesn't work if there's no savegame already

And what error do you get exactly?

Jazz926

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

may be I didn't quite understand the reply to my post last page.

But what am I meant to do or what should I install to fix booting my back ups via a USB storage device going to the green screen and doing nothing.

Anim8r Dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup. Thats right right. I signed up to ask a question. XD

Dont worry. Its a pretty darn simple question, that probably has been answered somehow, somewhere before, but Ill ask it anyway.
unsure.gif

Why doesn't Neogamma R9 boot my Multidisk gamecube games?

Here's the situation: The cube games work with Wiigator 0.1 Theta (cant use 0.2, because it goes black and white, which is another problem). However, I would like to play the cube games on Neogamma R9. Neogamma R9 can read the disk and boot up the games, but leaves me with a black screen.
I KNOW. ITS TERRIBLE.

Thanks everyone. Im looking forward to an answer soon.
wink2.gif

"There is no ROMs on GBAtemp." lol ..;P

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Anim8r Dude said:
Yup. Thats right right. I signed up to ask a question. XD

Dont worry. Its a pretty darn simple question, that probably has been answered somehow, somewhere before, but Ill ask it anyway.
unsure.gif

Why doesn't Neogamma R9 boot my Multidisk gamecube games?

Here's the situation: The cube games work with Wiigator 0.1 Theta (cant use 0.2, because it goes black and white, which is another problem). However, I would like to play the cube games on Neogamma R9. Neogamma R9 can read the disk and boot up the games, but leaves me with a black screen.
I KNOW. ITS TERRIBLE.

Thanks everyone. Im looking forward to an answer soon.
wink2.gif

"There is no ROMs on GBAtemp." lol ..;P

More info required
refer to the first post in this thread

Anim8r Dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terribly sorry for not putting enough info (However, I'm not exactly sure which kind of info I need to put).
blink.gif

Info about my Wii:

Wii Version 4.2
Neogamma R9 Beta 30
cIOS37rev19
Not exactly sure about the cMIOS here, but used the one with the Sonic picture. HOPE MY HINT HELPS!
Neogamma works with Wii games, but fails to boot gamecube games
Using default Neogamma GC options (like GC mode internal)
Using compatible GC games
Wii is placed vertically, on a shelf, right under the TV (Sorry. Couldn't resist making a little joke)
smile.gif

Problem: Neogamma boots GC gamecubes, but ends up with a black screen.

Hope this information helps you in finding the solution to my problem.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, ok. What is the last you get before the black screen? There's a random problem when switching to GC mode, but it should only happen max 1/5 times(it's 1/10 times for me). Maybe installing the cMIOS i linked at the 1st post helps.

Jazz926

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys,

I was wondering if there is a list which shows what games is compatible with NeoGamma.

Also can we install NeoGamma R8 Channel for the R9 version?

marquesduarte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hei WiiPower,
I have installed the cMIOS you have posted in the first page...
I have choose internal, and the disc load, letting me change what game i want to load...
But when i load the game, it return me a black screen, and nothing.
It have happened to Metal Gear, Wind Waker and Star Fox Legends.
When i choose MIOS it load, all games.
Specs:
-3.1U
-cIOSrev38 rev19
-Neogamma R9 beta32 (and tested with Neogamma R8 RC1 too)
-cMIOS that you have posted in first page.
What is supposed to be happening?
Sorry for the English!

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
My set-up is in line with the first post
R9 b32, cios38 rev 19 slot 249

Couple of minor points

when loading Luigi's mansion i get the following on screen

Neo gamma backup launcher

Loading backup disc...
Disk id: GLME01, Name: Luigi's Mansion
No audio streaming
Reloader activated...
The game uses dvd read function 3

Warning: could not patch seek
Warning: could not patch read audio
Warning: could not patch audio config
Warning: could not patch audio status

The game then runs perfectly. So why the warnings?
also this is an NTSC copy on a Pal machine (region free through priiloader)

Also I have Metal Gear on a multi disc, when I get to the point where I choose which disc to load the diplay isn't big enough, on screen it says 'METAL GEAR SOLID THE TWIN SNAK' the words 'E DISC 1' are missing off the right hand side.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION