obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='OverjoY']

In our custom di google svn in the R58 changes:
The modules will now force to use the internet connection even if the connection
test failes.

@[member='Shag']

He is referring to the uneek_usb_fs wrapper library I wrote.
It reroutes usb access to ISFS calls that are handeled by the neek2o fs-usb.

It's not just one line of code, but it's not extremely difficult. I might be able to give you some examples I tested,
but it's work from half a year ago, so it's not based upon the latest sources of the homebrew.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Apps need to be updated with what I remember being a single line of code to be able to access any app from the USB but it's possible. Not sure if this is what your inquiring about.

Can you refer me to the source so I can read up on that? I'm not a coder but advanced user that would like to have all my apps running on an emulated nand able to access the usb drive.

thanks
Shag

You can check pl3 implementation directly in google code (main.c). You will need uneek_fs.c/uneek_fs.h and then add neek detection... something like that:

Code:
void CheckNeek (void)
{
u32 boot2version;
ES_GetBoot2Version(&boot2version);
if (boot2version >= 5)
{
init_uneek_fs (ISFS_OPEN_READ|ISFS_OPEN_WRITE);
}
}

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You don't really need the neek detection. :)
init_uneek_fs will find out for itself if it's running on neek2o and will return false if it's running on real nand or classic neek.

After the init, you can always use check_uneek_fs() to see if the init succeeeded.

And exit_uneek_fs() does nothing if the init didn't succeed, so there is no harm in always calling it or calling it multiple times.

Just make sure you call the init_uneek_fs before the usb drive get's mounted.

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah ok... I've put inside the check becouse I change a lot of other things in pl if I am under neek. Good to know... :lol:

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to update it now; just changed the notification to instant to. Sorry it been 4months since somebody commited I didnt even think people looked at it :) albeit it's helpful especially for those who want USB3.0 since there are like 1 or 2 setups that willl support neek. It's good to know somebody even you (since your well known looks and helps contribute it :) ) Thank you.
No problem, i hope more people do contribute to get a better overview of which hdd/enclosure works..

@[member='Etheboss']: Do yo think people would rather have a link to buy it at amazon or newegg? What I originally wanted was a more uptodate guide for people wanting to run neek but I know how sceptical people can be so I also wanted to link to where people could buy the device as well to avoid any doubt about product.
I can't really say, all i can tell is the people i know buy hdd's usually close to home..
I am still planning myself to make a good guide for neek2o but time restrictions (and some other factors) prevented me from it still, maybe we can work on this together sometime, i think you have a good insight too..
Yeah that would be cool :) I'm time sensitive as well just started school btw but class is not till 6-9pm and im on EST not sure about you. Still I'm up for the task.

Sorry for a doulbe post, but i want this separate on purpose...I really want to know how many people have issues with R69 compared to R64.
Because me and a others have tested R69 quite a bit but for us its as stable as R64..

So please respond and try to explain what the issues are..also if you have issues with R69, do the same with R64 and let us know if it really solved that particular issue...don't change anything but the neek2o version..
My only issue with R69 was the fact it blacked screen but I'm not sure why; it's working now and has been since I manually copied files over from PC

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@[member='OverjoY']

In our custom di google svn in the R58 changes:
The modules will now force to use the internet connection even if the connection
test failes.

Ah oke that part.. If ppl have entered a valid network configuration and the network test fails this will set the right flags into the network setup to enable it anyway. it's enough to make a valid setup working. It has nothing todo with normal neek.

There's an option in the overlay menu to enable it

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- ppl with issues please be more specific about the issue and provide as much info you can like SM version, nand region etc... Also from the people that have problems with r69 I would like to know what their folder structure is where the nand(s) are stored in (eg: root or nands subfolder).

I have tested uneek2o for the past 2 days and think this is a great program. I am look forward to new developments. This would be a great way to safely mod wiis on a large scale in the future when hombrew apps can access hdd.

Thanks Xflak for adding uneek2o support in ModMii.

I have had a few reoccurring issue though.
UNEEK2o R69

I am using a 4.3u system menu:
· 2 nands, ModMii 4.3u and bootmii dump 4.3u on a 1.5Tb WD Elements hdd fat 32 32 Kb cluster.
· Priiloader v7 on real nand and on Modmii’s nand.
· I had Modmii create my uneek2o Rev 69, it booted into both nands quickly, and on the first attempt.
· File structure
H:
Nands
PL_US
`PL_US

Sneek
.bin files

Where `PL_US is where my bootmii dumped nand is located.

1. The first issue I noticed is the network in wii settings not getting a successful test:
a. Some apps would still have access to network without a successful test.
b. Only happened with the Modmii nand with my serial number, bootmii dump worked.
2. Second was a more fatal error:
a. When I hit the 1 key to bring up the overlay menu it flickered and flashed then locked.
b. Upon reboot it would lock shortly after or if you hit a channel.
c. This happened with both Modmii nand and bootmii nand.
UNEEK2o R64

So I started fresh with Modmii creating uneek+di r64 everything else the same. It was much more stable at the beginning. I was able to use overlay menu and thought it was quite nice until I wanted to change some settings after about 5 reboots through the day. Once I did that it produced the diconfig.bin file in my sneek folder on my hdd then all the same issues as item 2 in uneek2o r69. Once I deleted the diconfig.bin file everything was fine again with no lockups so far. I have booted 3 different ways also, bootmii folder on SD, neek2o switch, and .dol file in priiloader. I also removed priiloader on emulated nand , I will test a little more tomorrow.

Thanks for the cool program I hope I can get this to work better for me. Maybe a older revision?

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Apps need to be updated with what I remember being a single line of code to be able to access any app from the USB but it's possible. Not sure if this is what your inquiring about.

Can you refer me to the source so I can read up on that? I'm not a coder but advanced user that would like to have all my apps running on an emulated nand able to access the usb drive.

thanks
Shag

You can check pl3 implementation directly in google code (main.c). You will need uneek_fs.c/uneek_fs.h and then add neek detection... something like that:

Code:
void CheckNeek (void)
{
u32 boot2version;
ES_GetBoot2Version(&boot2version);
if (boot2version >= 5)
{
init_uneek_fs (ISFS_OPEN_READ|ISFS_OPEN_WRITE);
}
}
Thief! That's the way I check for NEEK in Settings Editor GUI! How dare you take code from an open source project that you are co-author of! :P

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
emoticonin_dcos32n4.jpg

:D

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
@[member='stfour'] LOL!
That doesn't work with current versions of SNEEK.
It's also silly to rely on - what if Nintendo someday release Boot2v5?
It worked with all the testers who updated, and if Nintendo released boot2v5 then NEEK would update to v6 and I would update the code.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Joostin why must you constantly dispute everything I say?
See for yourself, SNEEK returns 4: http://code.google.c...nk/es/ES.c#2323
I'm not disputing, I was just saying that it worked the last time I had people test it, so the change must be somewhat recent. Do you know why it was changed? I'm going to make a topic in the googlecode page to see if it can be changed back.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In neek2o it's possible to check for the difference between sneek2o and uneek2o with the IOCTL_IS_USB ioctl.
Init_uneek_fs(..) will fail on real nand, so that can be used as check for the existence of neek2o running in general.

I know this doesn't work for Crediar's neek, but this is the neek2o thread... :)

Older versions of sneek returned 5 upon ES_GetBoot2Version().The newest from Crediar return 4
Maybe some programs check that version and refuse to run if it's not the same as what real nand returns.
I am sure Crediar had a reason for changing it from 5 to 4.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Crediar changed it from 5 to 4 in rev. 186
Maybe it's the fix for the COD MW3 download not working. (Just a wild guess.)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Crediar changed it from 5 to 4 in rev. 186
Maybe it's the fix for the COD MW3 download not working. (Just a wild guess.)
Okay, so it wasn't that long ago. Anyway, I started a topic on the googlecode page, so hopefully it will either get changed back, or we will get info on why he changed it to v4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1