• Views 303,458
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've build 3 nand (eu, us, jp), if I remember well without entering serial, and network works fore every nand.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='tueidj'] It was a while ago. It was one of the reasons I never cared about the shopping channel on my neek setup.
I believe it was a reply to someone complaining about being unable to download something from the shopping channel.

@[member='stfour'] it's confusing. Modmii even used a default serial for a while to create the settings.txt file.
I tried in those days with that default and with my own serial, and concluded that in my case my own serial was needed to make it work.
The nands you build, are those 4.3 or 4.2? Did you try the shopping channel up to the level of actually downloading something, or did you just test the network?

I also know crediar added some code in the neek es to activate the netwerk from there. Overjoy took over that code in neek2o. It didn't made much difference for me, and I noticed that Crediar removed it again, but I think Overjoy left the code in. Maybe that could make a difference. Maybe, the network test fails after you entered the settings, but the networking itself works? I never did that check. Gee, that's a lot of maybe's...

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@[member='stfour'] it's confusing. Modmii even used a default serial for a while to create the settings.txt file.
I tried in those days with that default and with my own serial, and concluded that in my case my own serial was needed to make it work.
The nands you build, are those 4.3 or 4.2? Did you try the shopping channel up to the level of actually downloading something, or did you just test the network?

Just tried wifi network and some wfc games... I do not remember the version, in late afternoon I will check.

I do not want confusing you. I'm not sure if I have entered the right serial or used the modmii default.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='obcd']

im really sure about what Im saying, the setting.txt is not matched with the one with my original NAND. thats why that everything I created a fresh NAND with latest ModMii fails with the connection test. (im sure that priiloader is not getting in the way, I even un-installed it). I did retry re-entering my Wii's Serial Number 10times but alas, it didnt work. Always fails on connection test. I cant even play online games since it wont let me connect.

I just use ModMii 4.7 to build NAND since Online works on that way.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Do you think you could pass me the modmii settings.txt and your nand backup settings.txt so that I could decode and compare them?
I am just curious why the modmii one is different, as in my case it's generating the exactly same file.
The tool to create the file normally doesn't change either. Is it possible that the serial on your wii case doesn't match your wii internal serial?
That would explain things the way they are.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok I managed to get rev69 working.
  1. I see alot of hacks which are present in priiloader; do these hacks conflict with each other or can I just unstall priiloader and use neek2o available hacks.

1. They normally shouldn't conflict. The hacks are looking for a specific hex pattern, and are changing it. So, if neek2o changed the pattern, priiloader normally won't find the original pattern anymore and will just skip that specific hack.
I would like to add that i found out that if if you don't have the region free hack in priiloader turned on, the neek2o region free hack (that also displayes the game in disc channel) won't work either.
So there seems to be some conflict.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I understand correctly, you have a working nand, you hit the 1 button and the nand becomes corrupt? What version of neek2o are you using?

Correct,
The overlay menu flashed, I started to scroll and it locks. Upon the next boot of that nand the system menu comes up and if you select a channel the system freezes or if you wait long enough it freezes. I used version 69,
I am in the process of retesting with modmii nand, then I will extract my bootmii nand backup and try that if I have any problems. Just a side note, will Wiiexplorer access usb drive? It wouldn't for me in neek2o ver. 69 the only program I could get to see the usb drive was joyflow. Is it because that is were the nand files are? I use some game emulators on my real nand that I couldn't get to work on neek2o nand. If files were on the SD card they worked fine but couldn't access usb drive.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been having the same problems with neek2o. if my nand gets that far in the booting, usually mine locks on priiloader. an this is with mod mii nand or my nand dump.(v69)
i'm still using build 64. an that so far is the most stable,besides v54.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2. Some games don't work work on a region strange nand, even with region free turned on.
So it's ok to leave this setting on?

3. If the latest neek2o sees that a game is for a different region nand, it will temporary change the nand region settings so that the games believes it's running on the correct nand
So is it ok to leave this setting on?

4. Isn't that also one of the wii settings that can be changed in the system menu settings?
I don't believe so; which setting does this refer to? I'm still confused by what this option is for.

6. If you use neekbooter.dol, it's easier to upgrade to a newer version (no need to install it in priiloader again). You will however need postloader.dol on your sd card I assume.
Well I'm actually planning on replacing the whole SM with PL3 using an app scooby publicly released postloader2wadbuilder I believe? Either way I've posted it in the this thread not too long ago. I'm just not sure in this case which is better to build a System Menu WAD using either postloader.dol or neekbooter.dol; thanks for you advice.

7. /Title/00000001/00000002
Sweet & thanks!

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
2. Some games don't work work on a region strange nand, even with region free turned on.
So it's ok to leave this setting on?

3. If the latest neek2o sees that a game is for a different region nand, it will temporary change the nand region settings so that the games believes it's running on the correct nand
So is it ok to leave this setting on?
Hell Yeah...if Overjoy can figure out why some other region games don't work yet with these patches, you don't even need another nand anymore..

EDIT: When are you gonna update this? http://gbatemp.net/topic/283018-sneekuneek-compatibility-list/

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to update it now; just changed the notification to instant to. Sorry it been 4months since somebody commited I didnt even think people looked at it :) albeit it's helpful especially for those who want USB3.0 since there are like 1 or 2 setups that willl support neek. It's good to know somebody even you (since your well known looks and helps contribute it :) ) Thank you.

@etheboss: Do yo think people would rather have a link to buy it at amazon or newegg? What I originally wanted was a more uptodate guide for people wanting to run neek but I know how sceptical people can be so I also wanted to link to where people could buy the device as well to avoid any doubt about product.

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have now created neek2o rev 64 using ModMii created nand with my serial # and much more stable! Overlay menu works fine. Funny note, I cannot get a passed test on the wifi settings of the Wii but...hombrew browser connects, mariokart connects, internet channel connects. Unsure if its a stable connection though. I did download savegame mgr GX OK.

Can someone tell me if neek2o allows programs other than joyflow and postloader to access the usb drive?
Thanks

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apps need to be updated with what I remember being a single line of code to be able to access any app from the USB but it's possible. Not sure if this is what your inquiring about.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay guys, I have the newest version of neek2o (I think, Uneek+DI through ModMii), and Guitar Hero WOR crashes :( Anything I could do to get it to work? :)

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Going to update it now; just changed the notification to instant to. Sorry it been 4months since somebody commited I didnt even think people looked at it :) albeit it's helpful especially for those who want USB3.0 since there are like 1 or 2 setups that willl support neek. It's good to know somebody even you (since your well known looks and helps contribute it :) ) Thank you.
No problem, i hope more people do contribute to get a better overview of which hdd/enclosure works..

@etheboss: Do yo think people would rather have a link to buy it at amazon or newegg? What I originally wanted was a more uptodate guide for people wanting to run neek but I know how sceptical people can be so I also wanted to link to where people could buy the device as well to avoid any doubt about product.
I can't really say, all i can tell is the people i know buy hdd's usually close to home..
I am still planning myself to make a good guide for neek2o but time restrictions (and some other factors) prevented me from it still, maybe we can work on this together sometime, i think you have a good insight too..
See bold answers above

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for a doulbe post, but i want this separate on purpose...I really want to know how many people have issues with R69 compared to R64.
Because me and a others have tested R69 quite a bit but for us its as stable as R64..

So please respond and try to explain what the issues are..also if you have issues with R69, do the same with R64 and let us know if it really solved that particular issue...don't change anything but the neek2o version..

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
- ppl with issues please be more specific about the issue and provide as much info you can like SM version, nand region etc... Also from the people that have problems with r69 I would like to know what their folder structure is where the nand(s) are stored in (eg: root or nands subfolder).

- ppl with crashing and/or corrupted nands please pm me with the details. I maybe need something from you.

• 4. What is "Force EuRGB60 with NTSC games on PAL nands: NA" for and how do I change this? (I don't know what this is but I cannot even change the options for it)
  • If this options show NA for ya you're NOT using a PAL nand. The option won't do anything for NTSC nands and therefor Not Available

I also know crediar added some code in the neek es to activate the netwerk from there.
Hmmm, what did crediar add to activate the network and in what rev? I never noticed, but maybe it's usefull.

@[member='obcd']

im really sure about what Im saying, the setting.txt is not matched with the one with my original NAND.

I just use ModMii 4.7 to build NAND since Online works on that way.
Please be more specific in what nand region you use.. ModMii should build valid setting.txt files for both EU and US nands. I don't think the app ModMii uses to create the file is changed since v4.7 either. However if ModMii v4.7 is capable of building nands with a working Shop Channel this would be interesting. If you only talk about the network connection then the latest release of ModMii should also be able to do the job.

Etheboss and some other people found out that using a dif country (and maybe state) together with a dif serial # would also make possible to create a full working connection. The countrycode is stored in the file SYSCONF which is stored in /shared2/sys/. This could mean that the serial # is also region or even country specific and that could be a reason that the connection fully or partly failes if it doesn't match with the countrycode.

OverjoY

Shag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apps need to be updated with what I remember being a single line of code to be able to access any app from the USB but it's possible. Not sure if this is what your inquiring about.

Can you refer me to the source so I can read up on that? I'm not a coder but advanced user that would like to have all my apps running on an emulated nand able to access the usb drive.

thanks
Shag

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches