Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yea I went to school earlier and my brother ****ing deleted all my crap from the computer. Some were useless things but sine were also important like school homework. He deleted EVERYTHING that was MINE.

Any way to restore the computer and all it's files that were permenantly deleted to an earlier time to like let's say... 7:00 this morning?

Any help is appreciated! I know about ZAR but that takes too long to restore and rename everything back to normal : \

Thanks!

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Getdataback is very good there is two versions for that program, one is fat and one is ntfs. Helps me everytime
smile.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Search google for programs to restore deleted files..
But dont have to many hopes.. if the harddrive sectors were the files was allready got overwriten just a little bit then the files are all death.

And how could he "accidentaly" delete EVERYTHING on your PC?

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would stop using it right now, and go to another PC and download the Active Boot Disk. Booting your PC with it will let you recover everything.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heheheheheheheh

Christ why is it always that people never assume anything bad can happen.

First back up data, repeat that phrase till you are saying it in your bloody sleep.

Next, learn how to use a computer in such a fashion that unwanted access is not even an option.

It's YOUR computer... correct? Not really a "family computer" where he's got equal access? If it's JUST YOURS, then learn how to JUST MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE for him to get into it. Screen savers, learn about them.

After you're up the creek is the wrong time to learn how to retrieve data. Sorry mac, I'm having trouble feeling sad for you. Learn from this if possible.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
As people have said before, make sure no-one uses the computer before you've recovered it. Every tiny bit of data that gets written to the drive (temporary internet files, you name it) could be permenantly over-writing whatever's left of your data. Download the recovery software on a different computer if you can. I've heard the name Getdataback mentioned quite a few times aroud here,

I hope your parents have gone absolutely ballistic at him over this one. Why did he do it anyway?

It doesn't matter if it's a family computer or not. make sure you all have separate user acocunts on it. I think there's some way to set up a PC so that each user's MyDocuments folder is protected and it's contents can only be deleted buy the relevant user. Worth looking in to at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-