Hacking Need suggestions about getting my Wii re-modded..

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi guys,

I have a US Wii and I bought it premodded but the guys I bought it from are dumb and they are just resellers so they don't know **** about Wii modchips.

Now, since the SMG release, I've tried to update my chip with every modchip firmware that got released. I tried out the Wiikey update, the Wiinja update, etc but it won't update. Now, I am thinking of taking that **** out and probably installing a genuine modchip. I've got my hopes pinned on Wiinja Deluxe, which I'll be ordering online with the help of my cousin.

Also, I know most of you guys would recommend me to open my Wii up and take a look inside, but I think it would be better if I let a professional do it, and since he's gonna open it up anyways, I would like the genuine modchip to be installed then and there.

Now, my question (and the reason for this thread) is if its a quick solder job, will the modder have any problems doing a wired install ? coz thats what I would prefer rather than a quick solder and hence a Wiinja Deluxe in a PCB
biggrin.gif

Are there any precautions that he needs to take while doing the whole thing. Also, the reason I am asking all this is coz I intend to let my PS2 modder friend to do it for me. He is quite professional when it comes to PS2 modding

Thanx a lot in advance guys. Desperately waiting for a reply
smile.gif

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm no expert, but I watched the guy who put in my wiikey and it seemed relatively straightforward to be honest - if your pal is even moderately skilled with a soldering iron, he should have no problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night