Red Joker

GBATEMPer
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi guys, I have recently installed USB Loader GX (Forwarder) into my Wii. And I have backed up most of my Wii games into my 1 TB HDD. It's format is NTFS, and because it's big in space, I'm not going to use it for Wii. All the games that I've tried work great so far. :yaywii:

I'm thinking of buying a 500 GB HDD for my Wii. And I'm going to have DIOS MIOS in it (and probably UNEEK). I have several questions about DIOS MIOS and UNEEK.

DIOS MIOS :
1. Do I have to format my HDD to FAT32 and make it's Default Allocation size 32k in order to run GC games? Which tool do I must use? Are Windows Format Tools okay? (Right-click format)
2. Are there any HBC apps to transfer saves from GC memory cards into SD cards and vice versa? Also is it safe? I'm afraid of corrupting save data.
3. Does normal GC iso works with DIOS MIOS? I'm unfamiliar with DiscEX and GCReEx.
4. A bit offside topic here, does Nintendont supports normal GC Controller inserted into the GC port? Also, what about the Classic Controller?

Also, what are FAT32 pro and cons over NTFS? And what are multiple partitions?

UNEEK :
1. So, how do I boot UNEEK? And how do I reboot back to the real NAND?
2. Does USB Loader GX work with UNEEK using the same HDD?
3. Do I must reinstall apps and recopy saves to the emulated NAND? If so, it's going to be a hassle.

Offside topic here, should I install bootmii as boot2? When I backup the Wii, what does it save? And how do I update saves? I have modmii in my Windows so I can download it.

Thanks in advance :). Sorry for the long questions. :wacko:
EDIT : Does Wavebird works with every GC Controller supported games?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I have recently installed USB Loader GX (Forwarder) into my Wii. And I have backed up most of my Wii games into my 1 TB HDD. It's format is NTFS, and because it's big in space, I'm not going to use it for Wii. All the games that I've tried work great so far. :yaywii:

I'm thinking of buying a 500 GB HDD for my Wii. And I'm going to have DIOS MIOS in it (and probably UNEEK). I have several questions about DIOS MIOS and UNEEK.

DIOS MIOS :
1. Do I have to format my HDD to FAT32 and make it's Default Allocation size 32k in order to run GC games? Which tool do I must use? Are Windows Format Tools okay? (Right-click format)
2. Are there any HBC apps to transfer saves from GC memory cards into SD cards and vice versa? Also is it safe? I'm afraid of corrupting save data.
3. Does normal GC iso works with DIOS MIOS? I'm unfamiliar with DiscEX and GCReEx.
4. A bit offside topic here, does Nintendont supports normal GC Controller inserted into the GC port? Also, what about the Classic Controller?

Also, what are FAT32 pro and cons over NTFS? And what are multiple partitions?

UNEEK :
1. So, how do I boot UNEEK? And how do I reboot back to the real NAND?
2. Does USB Loader GX work with UNEEK using the same HDD?
3. Do I must reinstall apps and recopy saves to the emulated NAND? If so, it's going to be a hassle.

Offside topic here, should I install bootmii as boot2? When I backup the Wii, what does it save? And how do I update saves? I have modmii in my Windows so I can download it.

Thanks in advance :). Sorry for the long questions. :wacko:
EDIT : Does Wavebird works with every GC Controller supported games?

DiosMios:
1.) lotsa format tools work
diosmiosFAQ said:
Chances are high that your USB2IDE device isn't supported.
  • Assure that your HDD is formatted with FAT32, no other FS is supported.
  • Only cluster sizes 32KB or less are supported.
  • Only 2TB drives or less are supported.
  • The FAT32 partition MUST be the first primaly partition on the HDD, otherwise it will not work.
  • If all the above are ok try another USB2IDE device or wait for an update.
2.) http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM

3.) how to use discex
offtopic.)yes using nintendont on a Wii (notWiiU) alows gamecube controller use

• http://download3.easeus.com/free/epm.exe allows you to set up one HDD with more then 1 partition on it ,
  • so use fat32 as 1st partition set as primary .....and ntfs as the 2nd partition
  • fat32 has a size limit of less then 4gb per file , ntfs is better then fat in almost every way , but fat32 is whats needed for lots of homebrew
cyan said:
DIOS MIOS: First partition on the drive, Primary, FAT32, 32k/cluster, 512 bytes per sector only
Nintendont : First partition on the drive, Primary, FAT32, 64k/cluster, 512,1024,2048,4096 bytes per sector

Things to note:
Primary: "Primary" doesn't mean "First". Primary is a partition state (it's either Primary or Logical)
First: The very first partition on your drive. Not the partition letter on Windows, but the physical position of the partition on your drive.
Active: NOT NEEDED ! please stop telling users to set the active flag for DIOS MIOS or Nintendont. Active has nothing to do with compatibility, it's a Computer's BIOS flag. Well you can set the flag if you want, but it will not have any effect on Wii, no homebrew are using this flag.

uneek:
1.)
2.)
3.)
BOOTMII IS A MUST FOR ME.... BOOT2 INSTALL IF YOU CAN , INSTAL AS IOS IF BOOT2 WILL NOT INSTALL. you can use channels to boot into uneek but bootmii does it too right on startup
you can get a pre-setup pack by googling THIS and going to the bottom of the wiiflow wiki page
i dont have a wavebird but many people use it with nintendont so im guessing it works

Red Joker

GBATEMPer
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
DiosMios:
1.) lotsa format tools work
2.) http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCMM

3.) how to use discex
offtopic.)yes using nintendont on a Wii (notWiiU) alows gamecube controller use

• http://download3.easeus.com/free/epm.exe allows you to set up one HDD with more then 1 partition on it ,
  • so use fat32 as 1st partition set as primary .....and ntfs as the 2nd partition
  • fat32 has a size limit of less then 4gb per file , ntfs is better then fat in almost every way , but fat32 is whats needed for lots of homebrew

uneek:
1.)
2.)
3.)
BOOTMII IS A MUST FOR ME.... BOOT2 INSTALL IF YOU CAN , INSTAL AS IOS IF BOOT2 WILL NOT INSTALL. you can use channels to boot into uneek but bootmii does it too right on startup
you can get a pre-setup pack by googling THIS and going to the bottom of the wiiflow wiki page
i dont have a wavebird but many people use it with nintendont so im guessing it works

Wow, thanks markehmus. 2 more questions. I've seen DIOS MIOS Compatibility List. There are several games that needs disc (Wind Waker I'm looking at you). Is there any patches for loaders? (I'm using USB Loader GX) I've seen No Disc+ in the DIOS MIOS section of USB Loader GX, what does that means?

Lastly, does Nintendont also supports GC Memory Cards?

Thanks in advance. :)

P.S. : - Is there any reason why the Wii has 2 USB ports? Any why does only Port 0 is the working one?
- Also for Nintendont, is it possible for multiplayers using a GC controller and some other HID Controllers?
- I'm buying MOGA in the end of the year, is it possible to connect it as the HID controller?
- Are there any pro and cons of WiiFlow towards USB Loader GX? I'm welcoming better USB Loaders.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not sure about GX and diosmios , been 2 years ,i bet, since i really used either one of those.

nintendont doesnt support real memory cards but you can use that dumper and dolphin to get saves off you memory card and use them from a saves folder for nintendont.

2 usb ports can be used but most apps pick the first one for use , if i remember rite some loader let you switch the one used ... but really its good to have two for things like rock band . (and nintendont with hid controller)

nintendont on my wii let me use a ps3 conntroler in the top port , usb load the mario cart double dash from bottom port and use gamecube controller in the 1 player gamecube port while playing with my daughter.

not sure what a MOGA is but if it is recognized and set up with hidtest it is possible... though many controllers and adapters are not compatible

Red Joker

GBATEMPer
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
not sure about GX and diosmios , been 2 years ,i bet, since i really used either one of those.

nintendont doesnt support real memory cards but you can use that dumper and dolphin to get saves off you memory card and use them from a saves folder for nintendont.

2 usb ports can be used but most apps pick the first one for use , if i remember rite some loader let you switch the one used ... but really its good to have two for things like rock band . (and nintendont with hid controller)

nintendont on my wii let me use a ps3 conntroler in the top port , usb load the mario cart double dash from bottom port and use gamecube controller in the 1 player gamecube port while playing with my daughter.

not sure what a MOGA is but if it is recognized and set up with hidtest it is possible... though many controllers and adapters are not compatible

I see. I'll take a look and update when I own MOGA.
MOGA is a type of controller for Android and Apple smartphones. Now many games support MOGA, such as Dungeon Hunter 4, Dead Trigger, etc. Some say it's comfortable, perfect for emulators. Since it comes with an HID Cable, it's possible to connect MOGA to PC.

Since it comes with an HID Cable, maybe it's possible to map the controls for Nintendont.
Thanks for answering. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta check the wattage really and buy GaN bricks