Homebrew Need help

Afroman420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plz don’t flame me all bc I’m a newbie with a dumb? that’s prolly been answered a million times. Thanks in advance!! I bought a ready to go modded new 3DS XL. He claimed he forgot his password so I could not remove his NNID for mine. So I took the SD card out and formatted the system. I did this because a YouTube video said I would not lose anything as long as I remove the SD card and would just reset the system ( at the time I did not know I could’ve used godmode to remove it) So stupid move on my part

Now everything is gone (homebrew, luma, checkpoint, fbi, twloader icons are gone along with all cia games. But I can still launch godmode and luma via start+power or select+power. Download play with L+down+start brings HBL up with Anemone3ds folder but empty, checkpoint folder but empty, ctr-no-timeoffset, FBI, frog tool, and twloader. FBI opens but doesn’t have a CIA folder. Had about 20 CIA’s installed before I formatted. I see the SD card has boot.3DS and boot.firm.

One thread I read on this site said it was as simple as reinstalling everything. Is this the case? If so could you walk me through it

Another thread I read on here said that when I formatted the system without the sd card inserted it changed the encryption so now the system encryption does not match the encryption on the SD card. Is this the case? How to fix?

can I fix the system back to like it was(hacked app icons and games) and if so, how? Or do I need to format the sd card too on pc and start all over with 3dshack’s guide. If so do I need to do anything first. Any help or advice would be great thanks for your time.

Last edited by Afroman420,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there’s already a thread like this answering my question could you link me to it? Thanks
Well. there is a search button you can use. Aswell ya never use video guides as they are outdated or are misinformative. As with or without a sd card. A system format is going to change the encryption keys. You will want to use tbe 3ds.hacks.guide sites finalizing steps to get your cfw apps back.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the 3DS was already modded by the time you gotten it look in the SD Card and there might be a dump of the previous NAND file. It should be in the sd:gm9/out folder. If its not in there then you just lost all of the games that were in there. If it somehow is in there, recover your nand and then follow this guide to do the very last one. If it isn't there just follow the steps on here and you should have your homebrew back in no time however getting the games back is on your own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later