Hacking Need help with R4i Gold firmware...

spyromv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sounds like the Acekard 2i has some of the best features ever, if not because of the partial auto-AP. Still, the advice remains: Get any card which will work on 1.4.1. Thanks for the extra information, twizt, I greatly appreciate it.

spyromv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And Acekard2i seems to be the only one capable of auto-updating through Wi Fi. That makes it the best choice for a situation like this, am I right?

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was struck by what looks like a rather definite statement in this thread: "Your card will never work on your DSi again". I don't think it is true in the technical sense.

Yes, the card can't be changed but the DSi is updatable. It should be possible to hack the DS to downgrade just as it was possible to upgrade or to hack the current DS firmware to bypass the card blocking mechanism.

Mind you, I never heard it was done. So in the practical sense it is true that if the card is 1.4 compatible and the DS is at 1.4.1 then the card will not work. However a statement that it will never work is a bit too strong, since it is technically possible to change the DS firmware there is no technical reason for it not to work in the future. More things happened to the flash card scene that was deemed impossible.

The major problem I guess is that nobody will explore and build this solution. The card makers rather sell you a new one than for you to use an old one. There is no gain in it for them. But maybe some day a brave hacker running into the very same problem will find a way.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Stropdasje said:
I don't think it is true in the technical sense.
In the technical sense bananas are radioactive.
tongue.gif
There's a difference between possible and feasible. In this case both sides (Nintendo and flash cart makers) will be working to prevent this.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sure is a bunch of guys bickering in here....

Listen spyromv! Can you answer a few questions?

1. What Console are you using, and what is the firmware version? List them all.
2. What is the website of your card? First read on the cartridge, if there is no website, look on your box. DON'T LOOK AT A PICTURE ONLINE, look at your physical box and read the adress of there.
3. Did you ever have the card working, or is did you never figure out what to do with it?

Either way... WOOD won't work. Now let's establish what clone you got there. For that, i need the website of your box though.

At least, we have to try the original firmware that the manufacturer offers for download on their website. It is very unlikely that there is no firmware for this.

Also, try setting up the card on your DS Lite. Seeing how the card is only 1.4 compatible, your DSi won't work with it if it's a newer Firmware on there.

For future references:
- Acekards, Supercard DS2's, iEDGEs, CycloDS iEVO and M3i ZERO's are all good cards to get. what makes them good cards? The fact that you can update the kernel on the card itself, to make it work wiht the latest updates from nintendo.
The clone you bought can't do that, and it requires you to buy a new card every time an update for the DSi comes out. and that is less then ideal.
- Read the different subsections off the FLASHCARDS AND ACCESSORIES forum here. It will give you some idea of what cards are good and bad. Read the R4 DS subforum here. Nothing but complains, problems, and people having trouble with their cards.

spyromv

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@rave:

1) My console is a Nintendo DSi with the 1.4.1U Firmware.

2) The website on the physical box is: Http://WWW.R4I-GOLD.COM

3) It worked before, with the firmware that they included on the Micro SD that was given to my friend when he bought the cart, it could even play Golden Sun: Dark Dawn flawlessly. Couldn't play Ghost Trick or Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded, though. That's why I tried using WoodR4i Gold or other firmwares but nothing would work, and then I got bored, went on the internet and it asked me to download the newest system update... did so and then it became 1.4.1U, as well as unable to work with ANY firmware whatsoever...

What now? o.o

--------------

By the way, there's someone offering this in a site (that works somewhat like eBay or Amazon for you guys in the US) and it looks like what I might need:

Acekard-2I-AK2I-for-NDSi-AK2-.jpg

Is this what I (hypothetically speaking) want? o.o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg