Hacking need help with my acekard

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had no clue what to download or what to get so i found a firmware and downloaded what apperently was the updates i need to play ds roms on the card.

but my dsi was already at 1.4e
so i found out that i need a ds lite or a dsi already updated to install the updates on my card...

i had a spare ds lite and attempted to install it... it got all the way to the end and said either reboot or incert another card so i turned it off an back on and now neither my dsi or ds lite can even read the card .....

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You've bricked your cart.

I have a guide in the Acekard forum that SPECIFCALLY told you to use the DSi file.

You'll have to get another cart and use that to unbrick it. It doesn't have to be an a Acekard, you can use any flashcart to launch the update.

http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

If you don't have another cart, you'll have to get a cheap R4 from places such as ShopTemp etc. You will be able to use that to unbrick your Acekard.

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok so my friend has a r4

what exacally do i need to do to make my acekard work again

iv only just found out what i have to do -.-
thanks for the reply keep em coming

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Exactly what you need to do is in that thread i've already given you the link to.

Step 11. Updating the Acekard 2i's firmware.
This step is optional and only needs to performed if you want to use your Acekard 2i with a DSi which has firmware version 1.4. Even if you intend to use your AK2i with a DS Lite, it is still a good idea to perform the firmware update incase your DS Lite breaks and you later replace it with a DSi or DSi XL.

After updating, your Acekard will appear in the DSi menu as
dannyphantom.gif
. When used with on the DS Phat/ DS Lite, it will still appear as
ak2icon.gif
in the DS menu. If you already see the
dannyphantom.gif
Danny Phantom icon in your DSi's menu, there is no need to perform the update.

Download the firmware update from Here
mediafire.gif
and extract the contents to the root directory of your MicroSD card. You should have two files
ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds and
ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds

ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds is used to update a single cart, and can be used on the DS Lite, DS Phat and DSi FW =< 1.3. In most cases this is the file you should use because there's less chance of anything going wrong.

ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds is used to update multiple carts and also unbrick an Acekard previously bricked by either update. It's primarly used by retailers or people who are going sell on their Acekard's. It allows you to update multiple Acekards in quick sucession without having to swap memory cards or reboot the NDS between flashings. This file only runs on the DS Lite or DS Phat because the DSi will not allow you to eject a cartridge beyond the DSi menu.

icon13.gif
Make sure your DS is fully charged or running from mains before attempting to update the firmware. Interrupting the process flashing may cause your AK2i to become bricked.

Once the progress indicator goes past 0%, do NOT interrupt the flashing process.[/p]

Updating a Single cart:

Boot your Acekard and run
ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds
  • Use
    ndsfile.gif
    ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds even if you are performing the update using a DS Lite or DS Phat. The DSL/ DSP will run both updates, while the DSi will only run the DSi update.
It will take you straight to the firmware update screen

IMG_3122.JPG

Press (start), after the update is complete it will give you the following message:

IMG_3121.JPG

The update is complete, you can now power off the console.

To update multiple carts or to unbrick a previously bricked cart.

Boot your Acekard and run
ndsfile.gif
ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new.nds. This can also be run on any working cart, doesn't have to be an Acekard because it's not going to update the cart you launch it on. You are just using it to get the update into the DS's memory so you can eject the cart.

After you've run it, you will get the following prompt:

IMG_3124.JPG

Eject your cart and insert the cart you wish to update or unbrick. Press (B) and you get:

IMG_3125.JPG

Press (start). Once the update is complete you will get the following message:

IMG_3126.JPG

Important: If this was the only cart you wanted to update, power off now!
icon13.gif
Do NOT press (start).

If you have another cart to flash, eject the cart and insert another. Press (start) and it will start flashing immediately, it will give no warnings, prompts or ask for confirmation. Repeat the process for as many carts as you have.

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1 question so i understand the prosess
is the update installed to my SD card? even formatting wont remove it?

or is it save and installed to my acekard

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
1 question so i understand the prosess
is the update installed to my SD card? even formatting wont remove it?

or is it save and installed to my acekard
It's installed straight to the Acekard itself.

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok ok so im going to use my friends r4 to update

im going to use a DS lite

so wich update do i use so that my dsi can see the acekard on screen?
dsi or dsl update

im so feckin confused

Posts merged

The Pi said:
Theres a chip inside the acekard, that is the thing that gets updated

so how will installing the update on the r4 workon my acekard?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
ok ok so im going to use my friends r4 to update

im going to use a DS lite

so wich update do i use so that my dsi can see the acekard on screen?
dsi or dsl update

im so feckin confused

Posts merged

The Pi said:
Theres a chip inside the acekard, that is the thing that gets updated

so how will installing the update on the r4 workon my acekard?
The update with DSL in the name does not update the cart it's run off of. You run the file on the R4, take out the R4, insert the Acekard, then continue.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
listen guys youv been a fukin great help seriously love this forum

so i have to run the dsi update yea?
You bricked your cart. Therefore you must run the DSL update on the R4, then swap the R4 and the Acekard before pressing continue in the update program.

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my very first card was an r4 so i knew everything there was to know about it

today i got my acekard and il be honest its like a fukin alien i duno wtf to do ^__^ im gettin the hang of it
smile.gif
made up with this threads replying

see yas later :~) peace!

Hickeyl

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now iv got it working i turned it off an then back on not stright away for a different reason...
not it loads everything then stays black...?

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hickeyl said:
now iv got it working i turned it off an then back on not stright away for a different reason...
Back up everything on your microsd, reformat it and put a fresh copy of akaio on there. (1.7 is the latest) Then just put everything back on and it should be fine.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
Hickeyl said:
Back up everything on your microsd, reformat it and put a fresh copy of akaio on there. (1.7 is the latest) Then just put everything back on and it should be fine.

Yes, in this case, start by backing up your ROMs/Homebrews/SAVs. You don't want to backup and restore the entire card though. If you overwrite the AKAIO files with stuff from your backup itself, you could just set yourself up for the same problem.

From The Very Simple Fresh Acekard 2i Setup Guide

Step 1:
- Use SD Association Formatter 3.0 (formerly known as Panasonic SD Formatter) to format your MicroSD. Be careful that you format the correct drive.
- The default format settings will work no matter what MicroSD card it is. ---Note: Use a Full/Erase Off setting if you have experienced corruption/read errors. This may take a very long time depending on the size of your card, so only do this if you are trying to fix problems related to the MicroSD.---
- Reason: when you use Windows to format a drive, it will format that device as if it was a hard disk. Because it is not the same the result is an unreliable file system.

Step 2:
- After format, decompress the latest AKAIO, which is currently AKAIO 1.7. You may have to install WinRAR from RARLAB in order to open the AKAIO archive. Copy the contents of the archive to the freshly formatted MicroSD.
- After doing this, the contents of your MicroSD will be:
CODE
Folder - __aio
FileÂÂ - akmenu4.nds
FileÂÂ - LoaderChangelog.txt
FileÂÂ - readme_AKAIO.txt
- You can delete the two .txt files (they look like text documents, and your computer system may not be configured to show the .txt file extension once they're extracted).

Since you seem to have fixed the cartridge's internal firmware, the only thing left to do is to add your ROMs/Homebrews/SAVs back to the MicroSD. If you still experience problems after this is done please describe them.

Remember to always use the "Safely Remove Hardware" option before you remove your MicroSD from your computer's reader/adapter. (Assuming you're using a Windows XP or later PC.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol