haydibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,

i have a german o3DS which originaly had a 11.0-33E Firmeware.
Recently installed A9LH and Luma3DS 6.6 following the guide from https://3ds.guide.

I dumped the 11.0-33E NAND, downgraded to 2.1, installed A9LH, Hourglas9 and Luma3DS, restored NAND as SysNAND, updated fw to 11.3.
With Hourglass9, I injected FBI and installed FBI and re-injected the hs.app.
With FBI, I installed following CIAs: FBI, LumaUpdater 1.4.2, HBLauncher Loader 1.3, freeShop 2.2.0

When I start LumaUpdate the o3DS instantly freezes or bails out with an error message
When I start freeShop 2.2.0 the o3DS closes the app instantly, bails our with an error message or just freezes during cache update/check.

Oddly enough freeShop eventually ran exactly one time and allowed me to install some cias.
I never managed to get it working since!

Then I followed the freeShop thread to find out that there is an issue with german o3DS and freeShop.

I installed the suggested freeShop-unstable cia which might fix issues with german systems -> didn't change anything.
Then I downloaded the "data fix for freeShop 2.2.0.zip" from the freeShop thread, placed it on the SD card -> didn't change anything.

Uninstalled freeShop, changed the system language to english, reinstalled freeShop 2.2 -> messages were english now, but still same problem.
Did the same with freeShop unstable -> unchanged.

Almost gave up, then read that other guides do not recommend to update to FW11.3.
Used Hourglas9 to restore my NAND Backup. Since the restore deletes all installed CIAs, i had to repeat the FBI injection and install the other CIAs.

The result is allways the same: neither the lumaUpdate nor freeShop are running.

Did updating the FW to 11.3 after the A9LH installation cause the problem?
Are the parts an bits I used for the A9LH installation not working well together (used latest versions everywhere)?
Or is it just my german system that messes up everything?

Thanks,
haydibe

Last edited by haydibe,

haydibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I followed the 3ds.guide exactly. I even switched to a nightly luma3ds build and it made no difference.

I am currious if others are able to use freeShop 2.2.0 or LumaUpdate 1.4.2 with the same A9HL binaries on 11.3.0... Both get stuck during a download and the resulting file has 0 bytes. Like there is some sort of permission problem that prevents writting the downloaded data to the sd card..

What confuses me about the guide is that the initial installation refers to install the latest SafeA9LHInstaller
from Plailect/SafeA9LHInstaller (which is version 2.06 from 7. Jan 2017) and the update points to AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller (which is version v2.6.7 from 26. Nov 2016).
In both scenarios the arm9loaderhax porint to AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax (which is from 17. Oct. 2016).

The inital installation uses data_input_v3.zip, while the update uses data_input_v4.zip.

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
I followed the 3ds.guide exactly. I even switched to a nightly luma3ds build and it made no difference.

I am currious if others are able to use freeShop 2.2.0 or LumaUpdate 1.4.2 with the same A9HL binaries on 11.3.0... Both get stuck during a download and the resulting file has 0 bytes. Like there is some sort of permission problem that prevents writting the downloaded data to the sd card..

What confuses me about the guide is that the initial installation refers to install the latest SafeA9LHInstaller
from Plailect/SafeA9LHInstaller (which is version 2.06 from 7. Jan 2017) and the update points to AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller (which is version v2.6.7 from 26. Nov 2016).
In both scenarios the arm9loaderhax porint to AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax (which is from 17. Oct. 2016).

The inital installation uses data_input_v3.zip, while the update uses data_input_v4.zip.

Just asking, but do you have the decTitleKeys.bin on your sd card? should be in /3ds/data/freeShop/keys

haydibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I had encTitleKeys.bin there before. I added decTitleKeys.bin now as well.
Result is the same -> The loading wheel stops spinning at "Checking latest cache..."

Btw. all other CIAs i installed from CIAngel do work without a flaw.

Just freeShop and LumeUpdater hang when it comes to writting data to the sd card.
I do suspect the sd card itself... though, write acess is no problem for the ftp server from the homebrew launcher...

I think i know why LumaUpdate doesn't work:
If i use bash shell to query the api i get following information
Code:
$ curl -i https://api.github.com/repos/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   257  100   257    0     0    374      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--   382HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
Server: GitHub.com
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 19:31:40 GMT
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 257
X-RateLimit-Limit: 60
X-RateLimit-Remaining: 0
X-RateLimit-Reset: 1488916739
X-GitHub-Media-Type: github.v3; format=json
Access-Control-Expose-Headers: ETag, Link, X-GitHub-OTP, X-RateLimit-Limit, X-RateLimit-Remaining, X-RateLimit-Reset, X-OAuth-Scopes, X-Accepted-OAuth-Scopes, X-Poll-Interval
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Content-Security-Policy: default-src 'none'
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=31536000; includeSubdomains; preload
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
X-Frame-Options: deny
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
X-GitHub-Request-Id: CE71:6D3A:2E6D368:3ACE6C0:58BF0A9C

{
  "message": "API rate limit exceeded for x.x.x.x. (But here's the good news: Authenticated requests get a higher rate limit. Check out the documentation for more details.)",
  "documentation_url": "https://developer.github.com/v3/#rate-limiting"
}
X-RateLimit-Remaining is the Numbers of requests left until exceedance.
X-RateLimit-Reset is the unixtime when counter resets.

Seems like LumaUpdater misses a gracefull error handling on its part.

Last edited by haydibe,

haydibe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I used a network sniffer to find out that freeShop fetches it's cache from api.github.com as well.

Each time when i reset my internet connection, freeShop is able to update the cache once. When the cache auto update is disabled it start without any issues.
Seems like severall Docker-Container in my homelab are requesting to frequently from api.github.com resulting in an exceeded treshold for anyonymous access to the api.

Case closed.

Last edited by haydibe,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1