Hacking Need help updating N3DS V9.9.0-26E to 10.3

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What is the last number of your firmware? If it's zero then you can't install the hack on this console, because the browser is not installed. You would need a 2nd console.
Or you are using a blue button sky3ds. It will fail to load the exploit at 70%. Try OOThax instead.

You have to use the exploit for fw9.2.0 because that fw is now your NATIVE_FIRM

Last edited by GothicIII,

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What is the last number of your firmware? If it's zero then you can't install the hack on this console, because the browser is not installed. You would need a 2nd console.
Or you are using a blue button sky3ds. It will fail to load the exploit at 70%. Try OOThax instead.

You have to use the exploit for fw9.2.0 because that fw is now your NATIVE_FIRM
bevor i was on 9.9 but now frankenfirmware 9.2

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no no update nag, an other error, but finally got intow hbl with cubiq ninja

trying to start sysupdater again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

now i get the same error as before ... sysupdater cant find cia info.. and safesysupdater pink dots on black screen

pedroren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, it may freeze a couple of times booting sysupdater or inmediately after pressing Y, just keep
0.4.2 is so unstabel... omg.. and safesysupdater does nothing :D only black screen and pink dots
By the way, it may freeze a couple of times booting sysupdater or immediately after pressing Y, just keep powering off and retrying. safesysupdater never worked for me.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
As far as I have tested this: And I have downgraded my own, and four other N3DS systems personally myself:
9.5-9.7 maybe are unstable. I did initial downgrade attempts on two brand new from a box N3DS systems and both failed at certain point of the downgrade, as did a used system that still was on older firmware, around 9.6-9.8 range but do not recall exactly.

9.9 has seemed to be stable... enough. On O3DS systems I had no problem and personally I downgraded a 9.9 N3DS XL FINE with SafeSysUpdater.

Here is some ground things about N3DS downgrading:
The exploit is very, VERY finnicky. On N3DS systems the race rarely wins. It is adeal where you keep trying the safe sysupdater until it just works. I had to personally do ~100 tried over 5 hours for my own system. A friend I assisted for downgrading on his N3DS XL over chat was making attempts for three days and giving up after hour or so until on day 3 SafeSysUpdater HAX succeeded on first try.

It MATTERS what payload you use. If you are NOT using menuhax, USE MENUHAX. I am not even joking I once on O3DS which is FAR MORE likely to almost ALWAYS succeed with the memchunk2 hax, failed three times in a row when using other payloads until I realized maybe Menuhax does make a difference; and it did.

What you are describing is basic race attack failures that you will see, and could possibly see tens more before the one time it succeeds, and frankly the one time it needs to succeed.

I do not know how you found out about downgrade process but just missed the whole memo about it probably working with 5/100 change, by average on N3DS systems. You just hit your head against it until it works. We will not help more if you fail to understand:

pink dots in SafeSysUpdater = HAX failed. You will see this just as much on 10.3 both 9.9 and 10.3 will fail and fail until it eventually succeeds.
Same thing for SysUpdater but on 9.9 I would recommend to stick to SafeSysUpdater. Really.

Reactions: Testo90

Testo90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think i got it. Safesysupdater checks all cias, and after a few minutes it says downgrade complete, rebote system in 10s. Same in sysupdater 4.2.b

Is there something i can do, to check, that i have no frankenfirm anymore?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Testo90

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway +1