Homebrew Need help transferring 9.2 O3DS to 10.4 N3DS

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wanting to transfer my O3DS to a N3DS for a while now, and I finally got my hands on one. I know I can't just do a NAND backup and restore since its a N3DS. Is there any way to do this? Possibly without downgrading?

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a feeling that what will you have to do is get copy it over to emunand again, then upgrade to 10.4, turn off wifi for both (probably wont work and ask for an update) but i think thats my theory in it.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a feeling that what will you have to do is get copy it over to emunand again, then upgrade to 10.4, turn off wifi for both (probably wont work and ask for an update) but i think thats my theory in it.
The system transfer app works with Hans IIRC, so you shoudn't have to update either of them.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't go the system transfer route (which didn't work for me, resulting in a loss of data).
You can backup all your save data from games, apps, etc from your o3DS with JK's Save Manager, then restore them on your n3DS with the same program.
I'd assume you mean A9LH or emuNAND, right?

If not, then maybe a system transfer if your best bet.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
What I did was transfer my o3DS Emunand to my n3DS Emunand, both on the lastest version of course. The only thing I lost was the title.db which resulted in my games not being shown on the homemenu but still installed on the system, I had to relink my NNID to recover my legit games and reinstall the CIAs one (getting a "titleid already exist" on 0%, but linking the CIA to the title.db) to restore everything, so in the end I didn't lose anything.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Two options. One is to have both with emunands on latest firmware and system transfer normally. Second is to downgrade N3DS to 9.2 and have both emunands on 9.0-9.2 and use an eShop spoofer to do the system transfer. This might or might not work. I did it this way when freemultipatcher still worked and N3DS was limited to 9.5 emuNAND. Either way you'll have to downgrade your N3DS, unless you don't want the N3DS to be hacked in which case you can update it to the latest firmware and update the emuNAND on the o3DS.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two options. One is to have both with emunands on latest firmware and system transfer normally. Second is to downgrade N3DS to 9.2 and have both emunands on 9.0-9.2 and use an eShop spoofed to do the system transfer. This might or might not work. I did it this way when freemultipatcher still worked and N3DS was limited to 9.5 emuNAND.
emuNAND to emuNAND system transfer is pretty risky, since there's a chance he can lose all his data (i lost all my data with an emuNAND to emuNAND system transfer).
It'd probably be safer to do emuNAND to A9LH sysNAND system transfer.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
emuNAND to emuNAND system transfer is pretty risky, since there's a chance he can lose all his data (i lost all my data with an emuNAND to emuNAND system transfer).
It'd probably be safer to do emuNAND to A9LH sysNAND system transfer.
I don't think you'll lose anything unless either of the SD cards die (keep a backup if the SD contents). With the wireless transfer of data, I believe the data is copied first, and isn't deleted until everything has made it over - my first transfer failed due to having too much stuff, and when I restarted the source 3DS it was unchanged from before the transfer started (despite spending 18+ hours attempting to transfer and being stuck at 90% finished).

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you'll lose anything unless either of the SD cards die (keep a backup if the SD contents). With the wireless transfer of data, I believe the data is copied first, and isn't deleted until everything has made it over - my first transfer failed due to having too much stuff, and when I restarted the source 3DS it was unchanged from before the transfer started (despite spending 18+ hours attempting to transfer and being stuck at 90% finished).
I stayed awake throughout my whole process.
2DS to n3DSXL, emuNAND to emuNAND system transfer, completely wireless.
It took a few hours, then it finished, and it restarted my n3DS. It came up with an error. None of my data was transferred over. Not even my friends list. Only my NNID was transferred over. I tried everything, but nothing worked.
So I just gave up, and I got over it.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished downgrading the N3DS to 9.2. I really don't want to have to backup my saves, since I have 40+ games. So System Transfer will delete my non-eshop CIAs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg