Need help/tips for making an essay longer

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I make my essay longer. Its based on a very boring topic and I heard of a period trick making periods 14 font instead of the normal 12. It has to be 5 pages long what do you guys suggest?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
just do your essay first and then do the period trick. you should at least reach 3 pages or something, unless you dont know shit about the topic,

then you will know how much bullshit you have to make up to extend that essay.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Usually I play with words, if written properly, something that could easily be said in like 5 words, can be said in over 20, so try to extend your phrases a bit, add more words to it. xP
Also, language teachers tend to like when someone extends their phrases with more words while keeping the main point there (although sometimes it can be quite the opposite and they prefer if you use short phrases to explain long stuff) =S

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try restructuring your essay as a a report instead (although tone it down from full on formal report)- introduction, say what you are going to say, say what you set out to say, summarise what you just said and present any conclusions in shorter form. Bonus points- most teachers/examiners/similar will tend not to read the whole thing and a stunning introduction and summary can make up for a lot of waffle in the meantime.

As for the larger font trick it works but only until you get word minimums but I have seen those trained in the large font trick run into it before and it was not pretty so if you can avoid it then even better.

Reactions: 1 person

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two words: Engravers MT.

My friends and I always joked about turning in a paper someday in that font and only needing to write half of the material.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double-space between every sentence if you don't already.

This actually used to be standard formatting before computers, (my father first taught me to type on a mechanical typewriter when I was in elementary school) but I don't know if this is still considered standard in the computer age, in the various formatting standards adopted by colleges.

I've always done it habitually, because it's how I learned to type. Even though it doesn't show up in many web based situations as the second space is usually considered extraneous/unnecessary.

Best real advice I can give is just find more sources to reference/quote. Don't make it all repetitive of course.
FAST6191's got a great point for you though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.