need help restoring saves.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by boogiemantcb, Sep 12, 2014.

1. boogiemantcb
    OP

boogiemantcb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    United States
    I know that this has been discussed a lot through out different threads but they are unclear to me. I have all my saves on the SD card and everything I read says that as long as the saves were on SD that the games would automatically recognize them. On my sd the saves look like 0127595863010.sav do I need to rename them? I honestly only want one save back for fire emblem. My save stopped working after updating from gw 2.0 to gw 2.3

Please somebody help me I understand everything else about gateway and 3ds but this save thing is messing with me!!!

2. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    The save has to be the title ID of the game and it has to be on the big SD card that goes into the 3DS. Fire Emblem would be one of these 2:

00040000000A0500.sav for US Version
    000400000009F100.sav for EU Version

You can check title ids at 3ds.essh.co/

3. boogiemantcb
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    United States
    Thanks

4. boogiemantcb
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    United States
    I have the fire emblem sav written correct yet it still won't recognize my save game???? What's the deal?

5. Ryft

Ryft GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    United States
    Illinois
    Not 100% sure what the problem is then. Did you change your Fire Emblem rom to .3DZ format so you could play online? Saves from .3DS files are not compatible with .3DZ versions of games.

6. boogiemantcb
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    United States
    Nope didn't change to 3dz. I downloaded a fresh rom maybe that will work..

7. boogiemantcb
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2014
    United States
    I had an issue where mario dream team wouldn't get rid of update and made blank title screen. When clicked it asked to update a t e shop or cancel. I tried the e shop and it came up with an error turns out my Mario was European and it didn't like the us update cause they were different sizes. One was 352 blocks the other 354. So I'm hoping fire emblem will work when I get the correct region...