Hacking Need Help on next Micro SD purchase

Untouchable757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i'm buying a new micro sd card. My 4gig is no longer of use in my DS. So my question is what kind of card should i be looking at. I always hear about kingstons but i'm confused on which one. what class and model should i be looking at for a 8gb micro sd card.

This is one im looking at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820134839

if anyone has any suggestions please help. also if anybody knows of any better prices. (Not on ebay) then i'm open to suggestions

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Densetsu are the transcend A-Data and Kingstons better than SanDisk?

I ask for (off topic reason)

I've been trying to get the game "The World Ends With You" too run, but it keeps freezing and im using an 8gb class 6 Sandisk.

I've tried every think I can find on the forums to get it too run but to no avail, so i'm guessing its the card. I've even formatted it just put Sakura on then the game but no luck =(

Any suggestions?
smile.gif

Mega_Nift

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there have been planty of problems with TWEWY, the associations with the card are totally false. everyone says sandisks are bad to have for m3, i have a sandisk, and have had no problem i couldnt figure out how to correct

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
LD560 said:
Densetsu are the transcend A-Data and Kingstons better than SanDisk?

I ask for (off topic reason)

I've been trying to get the game "The World Ends With You" too run, but it keeps freezing and im using an 8gb class 6 Sandisk.

I've tried every think I can find on the forums to get it too run but to no avail, so i'm guessing its the card. I've even formatted it just put Sakura on then the game but no luck =(

Any suggestions?
smile.gif
I wouldn't say they're better, but they're certainly not worse, and they're reliable and still cheaper than Kingston.

For the TWEWY problem, apparently it happens on almost all the flashcarts and with no clear solution as to which MicroSD card to use. Some say that the Kingston 1GB card works fine, others say it doesn't work. The speed class seems to have absolutely no influence whatsoever. Maybe it's a combination of flashcart and MicroSD card? There are so many conflicting reports.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh right I see, I was considering getting another flash cart as well as my M3 that I have. Possibly a cycloDS too see if I could games that have trouble running....well running..lol

Just wasnt sure on which SD card to get..
smile.gif

shadow21x

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad this thread was made, because I am looking to buy an 8gb micro as well.. and I have read in other threads that A-Data are ok to go with, and now I feel more comfortable about grabbing one of those instead of a kingston/sandisk which is $10 more.

Untouchable757

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadow21x said:
I'm glad this thread was made, because I am looking to buy an 8gb micro as well.. and I have read in other threads that A-Data are ok to go with, and now I feel more comfortable about grabbing one of those instead of a kingston/sandisk which is $10 more.

Yeah that was my problem but i went and ordered the transcend. $17 shipped so its all good.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone from the UK or worldwide wants memory cards for a good price and free shipping

go to www.mymemory.co.uk.

They do all brands at very cheap prices. I got my 8gb SanDisk class 6 from there with a free reader.

Cost me £18
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up