Hacking =/ need help (not really help but.. just click!)

JacobReaper

I Love You....
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, im thinking of buying another 2GB Kingston Micro SD (US) but ive heard a lot of complaints about the 2GB Kingston Micro SD, like, "it won't load" or "my games keep crashing or "can't load the .sav" or "
hate2.gif
" well, i havnt really heard all those but.. -__- will this card work with my R4? 2GB Kingston..

Harley77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've Been using a 2GB Kingston (Japan) for the past couple of months without issue. Their might be some issues with the common culprits (POR, Tony Hawk, etc), but since I don't play those games I can't comment.

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think any flash chips are produced in the US. Either Taiwan or Japan.
He's talking about if an american micro sd card would work just as good as the Japanese one. They should work about the same execpt that some people say that the ones produced in Japan are a little faster. I'll see if i could possibly try out the micro sd card from my phone on the r4.

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are nothing wrong with a good old Kingston 2GB/1GB Micro SD card made from Japan.

Be sure its from Japan. (not the retailer, the card) and on a another positive note Kingston Promises a LIFETIME WARRANTY*

* = Expect in France, Germany and Austria.

Aril

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are nothing wrong with a good old Kingston 2GB/1GB Micro SD card made from Japan.

Be sure its from Japan. (not the retailer, the card) and on a another positive note Kingston Promises a LIFETIME WARRANTY*

Yeah *only* 10 years in Europe.

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Yeah *only* 10 years in Europe.

Are you saying a Kingston MicroSD card only lasts 10 years in Europe?

Or are you saying its only 10 years in europe? if your saying this then your wrong.

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, im thinking of buying another 2GB Kingston Micro SD (US) but ive heard a lot of complaints about the 2GB Kingston Micro SD, like, "it won't load" or "my games keep crashing or "can't load the .sav" or "
hate2.gif
" well, i havnt really heard all those but.. -__- will this card work with my R4? 2GB Kingston..

LOL that is very funny!
And I have a 2gb Kingston and it works fine
I have a SuperCard though
unsure.gif

Harley77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Card is manufactured in Japan regardless of buying it in the US. There is a quality difference in the Kingston 2GB MicroSD cards depending on country of origin. Right now, the cards that are specified as being "Made in Japan" are of higher quality and should be purchased over the ones that are "Made in Taiwan".

So, when you buy yours, regardless of WHERE, look at the item description and it should tell you it's country of origin.

As a final note and to directly answer your question, no matter where it comes from, if it says Kingston 2GB MicroSD, it WILL work in your R4 (unless its an outright defective card).

tipsy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have not ever heard/read complaints about Kingston microSD.
I have a 2GB Kingston microSD and it's perfect, the only flaw is that it's only 2GB.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock