Need help in updating Switch V1 to latest everything. READ POST

SwitchShark1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hello everyone - hope this post finds you in good health! My Switch V1 is currently running on 15.0.1 | AMS 1.4.0|S version with Auto RCM enabled and I'm now looking to update it to run newer games that requires newer firmware as Awoo/Goldleaf is not letting me install certain titles.

I don't have Hekate installed on it and use TegraRCM to push fusee.bin payload to boot directly to Atmosphere! Also, I don't have a RCM Jig in hand and rely solely on AutoRCM so will it preserve it during update or not?

Let me know of the quickest and safest way to update all the stuff (CFW/Fimware, Sigpatches) without breaking anything.
Is Rentry guide for AIO Switch Updater Method on Switch itself good to go or I need some precautionary measures?

Thanks.

SwitchShark1337

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
The best method to is to boot into hekate and use the usb mounting feature and update new Atmosphere and Hekate file, get firmware from Darthsternie and use daybreak to update. As for signature patches you can get them from here.
Thanks for the quick response but I currently don't have Hekate on my Switch at all. I bought is this way and have been using it since. Is it safe to pursue the guide you shared? Also I have Auto RCM running but got no RCM Jig so will it affect my Auto RCM as well?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response but I currently don't have Hekate on my Switch at all. I bought is this way and have been using it since. Is it safe to pursue the guide you shared? Also I have Auto RCM running but got no RCM Jig so will it affect my Auto RCM as well?

You would want to use haze.nro that come with Atmosphere 1.5.2 or newer or FTP to drag and drop hekate file and use hekate as your bootloader, as for jig wise you are safe to update since you are on autoRCM, just don't update via nintendo server.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1