Hacking Need help getting icons/banners to work for non-VC NDS titles on Loadiine GX2 0.3

djhayabusa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I recently downloaded Loadiine GX2 0.3 to work as a WiiU Nintendo DS emulator exclusively, so that I can help fill out the compatibility wiki (20 new titles added this week, go check 'em out) and also set up a nice virtual collection as I really like the controller setup for NDS VC.

It's worth noting that none of these games are actual VC titles, but instead all injections of non-VC roms by NDS2WiiU.

This is the file structure for every title, which all run fine:
proof1.PNG

And here's the contents of the meta folder:
proof2.PNG

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong when I try to get icons and banners to display on Loadiine for these titles. Here's my process:
  1. Download the .nds file I'm interested in and run it through NDS2WiiU to convert it to an rpx structure.
  2. Rename the game's folder to include its proper TitleID4 in brackets so it shows up on Loadiine.
  3. Go to gametdb.com to find the game's cover, download it, and run it through https://www.online-convert.com to get a TGA file at the proper resolution for an icon (140x140).
  4. NDS2WiiU does not create a meta folder by default. So I create a "meta" folder in the game's folder root, and put the icon TGA in the folder, rename it to "iconTex.tga".
  5. I took a generic Nintendo DS logo, ran it through https://www.online-convert.com again to get a TGA file for the banner at the correct resolution (1280x720).
  6. Put the banner TGA in the folder, it's named "bootTvTex.tga."
  7. Eject SD card and run Haxchi followed by Loadiine GX2 0.3 (I have a forwarder installed for it).
Neither the icons or banners show up for any DS title, and I have tried all 14 I had downloaded. I've watched a dozen videos and navigated every thread about this topic I could find but nobody has much information about how this works for DS titles, and Loadiine is a relic so for most resources any potentially helpful links are all dead. A few threads even said it's "too simple to even explain," which is extremely unhelpful.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Any help is really appreciated.

Reactions: tyler0887

uhhh_adam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me too. Except for my case icons arent showing up but the banners will. Really weird, now most of my JP DS games are going to be iconless on the menu and thats pretty annoying even if they work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill