Need help for EasyCAP

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got easyCAP today that I order from Amazon and I use it with my wii and after I recording, I just check the video and notice there is frigging static in the video that I recording. I need your help. Also I am still waiting for male to female plug about nov 7 to 10. Also I need right kind for frame rate. Video and audio didn't same time. Also if I post this wrong place of thread, please move the place because I can't find it anywhere for program.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody? I need help because it is my first time to try EasyCAP. I need get right framerate for video and audio same time. And also fix static noise in recording.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im guessing you got one of those cheap EasyCAPs that are the knockoffs of the real ones, same as what I got from Deal Extreme?

Yeah, They're absolute garbage, if that's the one. Your best bet (in any case) would be, rather than using the EasyCAP for audio pickup, get an RCA adapter with l/r audio and plug the wii into the RCA end and the other to your Line In on your computer. Use windows and tell it to listen to the Line In port on your sound block. Gonna get better sound that way.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im guessing you got one of those cheap EasyCAPs that are the knockoffs of the real ones, same as what I got from Deal Extreme?

Yeah, They're absolute garbage, if that's the one. Your best bet (in any case) would be, rather than using the EasyCAP for audio pickup, get an RCA adapter with l/r audio and plug the wii into the RCA end and the other to your Line In on your computer. Use windows and tell it to listen to the Line In port on your sound block. Gonna get better sound that way.
Yeah, I order on Amazon. What is l/r?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This:
d_2009-10-14-13-45-40f_audio1-rca-to-headphone.jpg

Plug the wii audio cables in to one end, and plug the other end in to the line in on the computer.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I have one that. But I do have three color both side. Like in/out plug. It that will be work to stop static? I am still waiting for order to arrive male to female plug.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can just find one of those at a dollar store. Just plug the red and white wii cables in to that, then plug the other end in to the microphone jack on your computer. Completely ignore the easy cap for those two wires (audio). All you want to use the easycap for is the yellow one (video), or if you have it, use S-Video, it looks much nicer.

On your computer, set it up to record the video from the easycap, and the audio from the microphone jack that you plugged the wii in to using the adapter. This should fix the audio static.

Unless you were talking about the video being staticy, and not the audio, in which case, disregard all of this, you have a different problem.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just find one of those at a dollar store. Just plug the red and white wii cables in to that, then plug the other end in to the microphone jack on your computer. Completely ignore the easy cap for those two wires (audio). All you want to use the easycap for is the yellow one (video), or if you have it, use S-Video, it looks much nicer.

On your computer, set it up to record the video from the easycap, and the audio from the microphone jack that you plugged the wii in to using the adapter. This should fix the audio static.

Unless you were talking about the video being staticy, and not the audio, in which case, disregard all of this, you have a different problem.
Speaking of which dollar store, I went there with my mom, I see that one picture you show me.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh god, that sounds awful... Are you sure you are recording the audio through the easycap in that recording? Like not through a mike hooked up to your computer or something?

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I am using my laptop. Webcam inside laptop. I am using both side color plug in/out. Oh btw I turn level turn to 20 so you can hear static. So which number of level for no static sound?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had bad audio when configuring a easycap. The solution that worked for me was to turn down the recording sound somewhere in windows.

This easycap was bought on amazon. Cant remember which version but it only had chips on one side.

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my easycrap from Ebay, the sound works fine, but video is aweful, and there is desyncing everywhere. When I have the money I might get one of these: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100049

But even something like this would probably be much better than the easycap: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815153015

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bet not. At least it supports windows 7 x64 by default, which my easycap does not. Even with custom drivers, I am lucky if it works 10% of the time on my computer.

Also, to further prove my point, this looks much nicer than my easycap:

EDIT: here is another one for $5 more that has tons of good reviews: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100112

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

person66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bet not. At least it supports windows 7 x64 by default, which my easycap does not. Even with custom drivers, I am lucky if it works 10% of the time on my computer.

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gUS2dj5rOPI[/media]

EDIT: here is another one for $5 more that has tons of good reviews: http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16815100112
Notice little bit lagging I see there.
Where?

Anyway, I am not telling you to get that, just comparing it to the easycap. Back to the original problem, getting that cable mentioned earlier should fix your audio problem. Just be glad your easyCAP's video is decent, and not like some of the crappy easyCAPs that I have seen.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=gUS2dj5rOPI[/media]

EDIT: here is another one for $5 more that has tons of good reviews: http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16815100112
Notice little bit lagging I see there.
Where?

Anyway, I am not telling you to get that, just comparing it to the easycap. Back to the original problem, getting that cable mentioned earlier should fix your audio problem. Just be glad your easyCAP's video is decent, and not like some of the crappy easyCAPs that I have seen.

my easycrap had terrible video AND audio.

I was able to resolve the audio no problem. Using the program DScaler (I think) helped to make the video slightly better by using different filters. But it was still ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf