Hacking Need Guidance On Rebuilding EMMC

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a switch that has a bad emmc and no backup for said emmc. The switch itself runs payloads fine (lockpick, hekate, prodinfo, etc) and i've got other working EMMCs from donor switch boards, so what do I need to do to setup the emmc on this switch? I know it's possible as I was reading some guides, but I wasn't sure if these guides were going to help out in my situation.

Edit: I know the emmc module is bad because I get errors such as "failed to init emmc" in hekate and no switch firmware run when launching it normally.

Last edited by OhItsSlick,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit confusing. What donor backup are you referring to? Are you talking about the donor emmc module that physically attaches to the PCB of the switch?
Sorry, I'm in a very different time zone than you. I also didn't catch that you were talking about physical emmc chips, either. Those chips are of zero use to you as far as using whatever might be stored on them. The keys would have had to have been dumped before they were removed from the original hardware, and you would need those keys to decrypt it (then re-encrypt with your own info).

The very first thing you should ALWAYS do, as soon as you are able to launch a payload of any kind, is to create an emmc backup. With a backup, you would only need to look up the pinouts of the chip to be able to wire it to an SD card adapter, then attach it to an SD reader on your computer, and flash the backup with win32diskimager or something like that. Then install the chip and boot it up. Unless you can boot into nyx at all, in which case you could simply mount the emmc in rw mode and do the same thing without having to wire it up to an sd adapter. All a moot point without your own working backup though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F