V2 emmc problems? maybe?

Crung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Maybe some of you know the story but ill lay it again . I will make a separate post from the picofly aio since i feel like this is not a picofly problem :

-Tryed to mod a switch V2. Knocked off the RST line 4.7k ohm resistor. Replaced with 5k resistor. Worked ok for some time, then started to fail loading OFW,and was crashing in CFW sometimes.

-Replaced the 5k with 4.7k resistor as it should have been.
Was able to boot OFW fine 1 time. Second and third time it kept giving errors (either throwing 2002-3539 error or beeing stuck on switch logo).
Then it started giving " *=* No eMMC block 0 read (eMMC init failure?) " and " *== No eMMC CMD1 request (poor wiring, or dead CPU) " -----WIRING IS FINE, IT IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MOSFET/PICOFLY
+ was unable to boot at all
If pressing reset on picofly, it gave " =* D0 is not connected " (dont get decieved, as i said everything is properly connected and wired )

-took the modchip out,it was working normally. Tryed to use it as a normal switch. Worked for some time,i left it with a game for 5h running. Turned it off and left it for 1 week .

-Now when turning on (no modchip installed ) it gives 2002-3539 error - emmc related. But sometimes is able to boot and it works.

- When i try to format it to factory settings, the time expected for formatting keeps rising until 60 minutes. It reaches 3% , it deletes my nintendo account, then it crashes giving 2002-3539

-Tryed installing a modchip again to get prodinfo and rebuild emmc but it doesnt work. It still gives *=* and *== errors.

Im thinking about buying emmc reader off aliexpress (since i am unable to boot heckate at all) but i dont know if they will work properly. I also know there is a github emmc reader,but from what i found on a forum, a guy says that it might not be reliable since its fully connected to 3.3v without a 1.8 v and the data written with it might not be reliable. If any of you successfully rebuilded an emmc with mmcblkNX i would like to know.

I would like to hear some toughts about my problem and if im going in the right direction with rebuilding the emmc or if maybe something else is the problem?

Last edited by Crung,

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you had previously used data0 location from emmc pcb through hole via (top or bottom), check your continuity from your emmc to dat0 test point on motherboard.

1696299091834.png

Reactions: LuigiGad

Crung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If you had previously used data0 location from emmc pcb through hole via (top or bottom), check your continuity from your emmc to dat0 test point on motherboard.

View attachment 397165
In the past, i did testing points chip install and emmc points install. Failed on both options.
Also i have continuity on everything emmc ->test points CMD,CLK,DAT0. All look good

Karichi1919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This looks a whole lot like what I have going on right now in a thread I just made about it.

I also had the same error codes and error messages and also replaced that resistor on the RST line just in case I messed it up, since I didn't like the look of my soldering. Question though: do you remember forgetting to unplug the battery at some point? I vaguely remember that.

Crung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This looks a whole lot like what I have going on right now in a thread I just made about it.

I also had the same error codes and error messages and also replaced that resistor on the RST line just in case I messed it up, since I didn't like the look of my soldering. Question though: do you remember forgetting to unplug the battery at some point? I vaguely remember that.
it should not matter
Post automatically merged:

i got rid of the problems rebuilding the sysnand from 0 with prodkeys and a donor nand (look up sthentix rebuild nand level 2)
I have had it for 1 week now and played on it on a few ocasions and so far no more problems but idk

Reactions: Karichi1919

Karichi1919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I use a different nand that too is in slow mode, and I don't need to rebuild it to see that a donor nand would be in slow mode so I haven't tried that yet. Still, I'll keep that in mind, thank you for the update

Crung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If I use a different nand that too is in slow mode, and I don't need to rebuild it to see that a donor nand would be in slow mode so I haven't tried that yet. Still, I'll keep that in mind, thank you for the update
i also got slowmode nand once while trying to restore a backup nand.
Im talking rebuilding the nand from 0. Might be worth giving it a try.

Karichi1919

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i also got slowmode nand once while trying to restore a backup nand.
Im talking rebuilding the nand from 0. Might be worth giving it a try.
I solved my issue. Had to replace RST resistor and changed the CMD and DAT0 resistors on my picofly for 100 ohm resistors

Crung

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I solved my issue. Had to replace RST resistor and changed the CMD and DAT0 resistors on my picofly for 100 ohm resistors
yours is a v2 correct?
mine is a v2. i had 100 ohms from the start. i put 200 ohm resistor now on dat0 and cmd .

Last edited by Crung,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...