Need for Speed: Most Wanted Wii U dev demo, more details unveiled

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,651
  • Replies 14
D

Deleted_171835

OP

It's based off the PC version of the game. Criterion took a break after 360 etc. version was done and then came back with a small Wii U team. Started development in September 2012 and is due to finish in few weeks with minor fixes. Release at the end of March.

More RAM in the Wii U allowed for PC textures and assets. The lighting, draw distances and framerate in the game are also better.

There is Miiverse support with Autolog as a well as a new feature called God Mode Wii U GamePad (drifting, getting stuck, make it easier in police chases/change from day to night at tap game pad)

The game also features Off TV Play, Mii support in game (mii appearing on billboards) as well as support for the Wii mote/nunchuck/wheel support/pro controller.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/13/co-driving-through-need-for-speed-most-wanted-on-wii-u/

Finally, a port that's actually good. Going to get this as the PC version is an unoptimized buggy piece of shit.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
inb4 "This turns out to be as buggy as the PC version except they figured that it'd be "fun" if they added motion controls and the tilting of the Game Pad will be the last thing you'll remember about the title before you pawn it in for a quick buck"

I kid, I hope it'll be a good port. :P

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Of all the possible ports, is this one really the Most Wanted?
MUCH BETTER!! Now you just remind me of me THQ...
Wii U next gen confirmed.... that's how you do it lazy devs:whip:
No doubt, I was just going to say.. wow, this looks really good. I hope it actually turns out good. But it was reassuring hearing them say "we finished the other versions, took a break, came back and worked on the WiiU version".

I will admit, I'm not the biggest NFS fan, I do enjoy them, had a blast with Underground and Underground 2... can't remember if I played any more. I like the fast paced games like this, and like Burnout. But I have to say, as small as a detail as it is, that is one of the best looking roads in a game I have ever seen.
I just watched the video and to be fair I noticed quite a bit of that trademark "WiiU jitter" in its framerate.

The effects and overall look are really nice though.

You gotta remember, it's being recorded so there's probably a little bit of a hiccup going on there.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Looks more like the need for pretty textures, really. Yes, it looks nice. Yes, it looks fast. But it doesn't have the weapons of a Mario kart/Sonic all stars game, nor the over the top stunts and crashes of burnout paradise.

I can't recall anything from the original versions either. Except the "hey...didn't I already picked this game from a gaming bin already years ago?" that comes from a serious lack of imagination from the ones picking names.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
About time some 3rd party developer took interest, if this is what they accomplished in 6 months of having the devkit then imagine having even more time or better yet, making a completely new game from ground up on the machine. Glad to see some of those mainstream rumors getting debunked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.