ROM Hack Need a program like windows explorer that shows game id?

sabelstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I got u lots of roms, but i dont know if i have many copies of the same rom, becouse som roms have the short name and som have the (U) and some the (E) and som none in the end.

I am running out of space so i need to get rid of my dublicates.

The easyest way must be to use the game id.

I need a program that kan sort all my gams after ID so i can delete the dupes.

Is there o program that dose that?

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
One way is to make icons show in explorer so that if you see 2 same icons you can delete another one. This ones more manual way though
mellow.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, yes, there's Evotools (from CycloDS evolution) which show game icons in explorer.
But different region will have the same game icon.
Maybe there are other, and easier way to do that, but evotools is the one I thought first
tongue.gif

It can also auto-trim roms when you put them on SD card.

sabelstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloded the RToolDS, easy to use, but the problem is still there, cant se the dubble copy in the program.

Installed the evotools from cyloDS tool, but it was only a cheat editor and i could not use the option add folder.

I dont understand how offline list works.

NDScrc dosnt find my roms, even when i set the storage path to the directory where i got the nds fils.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
sabelstrom said:
I downloded the RToolDS, easy to use, but the problem is still there, cant se the dubble copy in the program.

Installed the evotools from cyloDS tool, but it was only a cheat editor and i could not use the option add folder.

I dont understand how offline list works.

NDScrc dosnt find my roms, even when i set the storage path to the directory where i got the nds fils.
Then you haven't set up NDScrc properly. If your files are zipped up, they should be in the eXtractOr path. If they aren't, they should be in the Unknown path. For example, if you selected R:\Files\Collection\Games as Storage path, the eXtractOr path is R:\Files\Collection\Game\Ext and the Unknown path is R:\Files\Collection\Game\Unk. Make sure you download the DAT file, but not the Pictures/Nfo. The pictures and .nfo files total are over 500MB. If you have any of your files in the .rar format, you'll need to download unrar.dll by clicking on the correct button. Once you've set up NDScrc and put the file in the correct folder, hit the "Search & Sort" button. Zipped roms will be in the Archive path, unknown files will stay in the Unknown directory.

sabelstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.

I did that now and it startet counting 212 games in my rpg folder, but when it was fininshed it was only 10 games displayd and those games it had moved in to the clean directory and zipped them, but way cant i se all my games?

When i do the search the HAVE and XXXX are marked.

Or shuld i click on the rename and rebuilt button to see all games?

And the rest of the games was moved to the Unkn folder.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if they are in the "unknown" folder, it's because either the roms are bad, or you modified them (you trimmed them ?)
All the identification software need clean unmodified roms to recognize them correctly.

Click the "rename button" to rename your ROMS in the clean folder.

In the "search" folder, you can put .nds and .zip
in the "extract0r" folder, you can put .nds, rar, zip (always use extractor, it's the best, but put them in .nds format, else you won't remember which rar are checked and which aren't)

To see the Roms you have, uncheck "miss" checkbox, it will list only the clean, untrimmed, unmodified games you have.

Use NDScrc version 1.4.13, it working better than the newer.

sabelstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok. When i start RToolDS it says all but 10 games is trimmed and they are unknown to the program.

Thats probebly way NDScrc dont find them.

So how do i un trimm them so NDScrc can find them?

I used the RTool to untrimm them and i used the version u recomended, now i am just looking for the option that dont make them in to zip files.

By the way, what dose trimming do?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no way to "not compress into zip" in NDScrc. Why would you store files in a bigger size ? it's a waste of place on your hard drive.

Trimming = removing unused space from the end of the game.
When you "dump" a ROM chipset memory, it's done numerically using binary operation.
Chipset size are always a multiple of : 2x

2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 512 Mb etc.
You already see these sizes mentioned everywhere on website or programs etc.

Now imagine, If a game data is 40Mb, the producer must use the chipset size of 64 to fit the game, because a chipset of 32Mb is not enough, right ?

When you copy the chipset memory (the process is called Dump) to a .nds, it copy all the full 64Mb chipset memory, but you remember: the game is only 40Mb, not 64Mb. So you have 24Mb of unused data in your .nds
Trimming is deleting that extra, unused size, so your .nds will be exactly 40Mb instead of 64Mb.

Zipping your original, untrimmed 64Mb rom will also result in a 40Mb .zip
So, compress them to zip is the best way to store them on your computer! they are "original" and recognized by softwares, and doesn't take unnecessary place.
Trimming the rom is the best way to do when you put them on your flashcard, so you don't waste space on your SD card.

sabelstrom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, now i know.

I just have two questions left, What dose the SFV button do?

And why dose some rooms remain in the Ext folder, in my case M&R BIS (U), DQ IX SOTSS, Lunar Knights v1.1, Soma Bringer (U) and some more but i got a clean copy of those.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
It's because you haven't set the "Delete uncompressed archives" option. You can always just manually delete the files in the EXT directory too.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1- It's also because they are not clean rom, they are either bad or modified (patched ? DQIX needed a patch on some flashcard, and some people uploaded the "already patched" version. so the game is no more recognized as dragon quest, because it's different than the original rom), so if NDScrc doesn't recognize the ROM, it will leave the rom here for a later re-scan (see point 2-).

2 - It can also be because you have newer roms, and NDScrc doesn't have them in database yet. they will be added later.
in NDScrc, do not forget to click "update"in the Settings tab each time you run it, so it updates the database for new rom recognition.

The roms you have are old, so it's case 1-, because they are bad or modified.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade