Need a hand

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TotalInsanity4, Jan 19, 2015.

1. TotalInsanity4
    OP

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Earlier this year, I homebrew-ed a friend of mine's Wii. As I have some experience doing this, I did most everything for him, including installing d2x cios, USB Loader GX, and obviously the Homebrew Channel

Skipping forward, he recently tried to play Lego Batman 2, and the console tried to update itself with the "IMPORTANT: If your Wii console includes unauthorized modifications, this update..." screen appearing. Now this is odd, considering the console is at 4.3U already...

Is there anyone who can give me a hand fixing this?

Edit: am I correct in assuming that all this would do is wipe the cIOSs that are on it?

2. TonyM
    This message by TonyM has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jan 21, 2015, Reason: Makes no sense.
    Jan 19, 2015
  3. HNKii

HNKii GBAtemp Fan

Jan 28, 2014
    Switzerland
    Mario Kart Wii-DS Link Play Stadium
    IF some of your cIOS versions are lower than the stub ones(v65280), those that have lower versions will be overwritten. However, it is possible to re-install the stubbed cIOSes.
    The best way is simply blocking the update with priiloader.

4. TotalInsanity4
    OP

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Thanks for the responses. My initial assumption was correct, all it did was stub the cIOSs (easily fixed)

I would have use Priiloader, but I was dumb and didnt install it for him and he wanted to fix it himself over the phone with me. Needless to say, if anybody else runs into this issue, just use Priiloader to block disk updates

5. nikeymikey
    This message by nikeymikey has been removed from public view by Sicklyboy, Jan 21, 2015, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Jan 20, 2015