Hacking Need a hand

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earlier this year, I homebrew-ed a friend of mine's Wii. As I have some experience doing this, I did most everything for him, including installing d2x cios, USB Loader GX, and obviously the Homebrew Channel

Skipping forward, he recently tried to play Lego Batman 2, and the console tried to update itself with the "IMPORTANT: If your Wii console includes unauthorized modifications, this update..." screen appearing. Now this is odd, considering the console is at 4.3U already...

Is there anyone who can give me a hand fixing this?

Edit: am I correct in assuming that all this would do is wipe the cIOSs that are on it?

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
IF some of your cIOS versions are lower than the stub ones(v65280), those that have lower versions will be overwritten. However, it is possible to re-install the stubbed cIOSes.
The best way is simply blocking the update with priiloader.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses. My initial assumption was correct, all it did was stub the cIOSs (easily fixed)

I would have use Priiloader, but I was dumb and didnt install it for him and he wanted to fix it himself over the phone with me. Needless to say, if anybody else runs into this issue, just use Priiloader to block disk updates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-