Hacking NDSTokyoTrim - batch trimmer with wifi detection

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
BrianTokyo said:
Definitely; patching GBA roms for sram can be tricky and unreliable (or either I sucked at implementing it or the info sources did)

All the patching in BatchGBA works perfect apart from the NES classics which have to be IPS patched. I might have changed something and forgot to update the data in the thread. If you want PM me an email address you use and I'll send you the actual source that I use.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this trimmer!

By the way, whenever I run the executable, NDSTokyoTrim takes literally about 30 seconds to actually appear in the taskbar and on the screen.

Is this the same for everyone?

ACiD GRiM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey could you add an option to not overwrite files if they exist under "use a different output folder" (i'm afraid to test if it already works like this). It would make it easier to trim directly to a flash card

great trimmer btw!
biggrin.gif

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
DeVante said:
I love this trimmer!

By the way, whenever I run the executable, NDSTokyoTrim takes literally about 30 seconds to actually appear in the taskbar and on the screen.

Doesn't even take a second for me, Vista 64-bit. Where did you download it?

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
ACiD GRiM said:
Hey could you add an option to not overwrite files if they exist under "use a different output folder" (i'm afraid to test if it already works like this). It would make it easier to trim directly to a flash card

great trimmer btw!
biggrin.gif

It doesn't work like this, but if the roms are already trimmed (in the source) it detects that and skips them.

Edit: anyway, ill add this option for next rel.

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
BrianTokyo said:
Definitely; patching GBA roms for sram can be tricky and unreliable (or either I sucked at implementing it or the info sources did)

All the patching in BatchGBA works perfect apart from the NES classics which have to be IPS patched. I might have changed something and forgot to update the data in the thread. If you want PM me an email address you use and I'll send you the actual source that I use.

I haven't checked the info thread for a long time, maybe I'm missing something :) I've pmed you my GBA sram code, maybe we can compare both. It's kinda hard to check as I can't test the roms myself so it's all theorical. You guys should make a collect and buy me an adapter imo :P

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
BrianTokyo said:
TrolleyDave said:
BrianTokyo said:

I haven't checked the info thread for a long time, maybe I'm missing something
smile.gif
I've pmed you my GBA sram code, maybe we can compare both. It's kinda hard to check as I can't test the roms myself so it's all theorical. You guys should make a collect and buy me an adapter imo
tongue.gif

I've just PMed you my source. Most of yours went straight over my head to be honest! I think your coding skills are a litte more advanced then mine.
wink.gif

ACiD GRiM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrianTokyo said:
ACiD GRiM said:

great trimmer btw!
biggrin.gif

It doesn't work like this, but if the roms are already trimmed (in the source) it detects that and skips them.

Edit: anyway, ill add this option for next rel.

That would be great! The reason I suggested it is because I like to keep my source ROMs as 100% original (just in case a Trim messes something up) and trim directly to my flash card

BrianTokyo said:
TrolleyDave said:
QUOTE(BrianTokyo @ Jun 2 2008, 04:35 AM)

I haven't checked the info thread for a long time, maybe I'm missing something
smile.gif
I've pmed you my GBA sram code, maybe we can compare both. It's kinda hard to check as I can't test the roms myself so it's all theorical. You guys should make a collect and buy me an adapter imo
tongue.gif

I don't know if you mean DS flash card or GBA flash card, but I have a M3 DS Simply laying around that I could send you (If i can find it that is). But not a GBA card.

ACiD GRiM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey does TokyoTrim have a command line interface, or at lease arguements? It would be cool to be able to set this to run with a auto ROM sync program I have (meaning after Its copied the roms it would run tokyotrim on the directory)

just tried a ndstokyotrim64.exe /? and nothing. oh well, its not really important

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrianTokyo said:
DeVante said:
I love this trimmer!

Doesn't even take a second for me, Vista 64-bit. Where did you download it?

From your website.

It has always done that for me on this PC. I've used several versions.
I've also done a fresh install of Windows on this PC. Weird.

My PC:
2.4 Ghz Pentium 4
512 DDR RAM
Nvidia GeForce FX 5900 128 RAM
Windows XP SP2

BrianTokyo

NDSTokyoTrim Dev.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eden.fm
XP
Country
New version up

v2.17
- Option to check for existing files (to avoid overwriting) with “different output folder” option
- Extremelly improved GBA trimming routines, ~10x faster
- Fixed and improved GBA SRAM patching routines

Big thanks to TrolleyDave for his amazing work on analyzing the SRAM patching data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.