OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think this is the American cartoon that tries too hard too be Japanese.
And it's not alone. There are many more.

Poor kids these days, having to put up with dribble like this.
frown.gif

Bring back those ninja turtles I say! Oh, no,.. wait... Scratch that.
dry.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gamespot said:
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi is a 'Rock 'n' Roll Brawler' targeted at kids 6-11 that lets them use the DS touch screen to join the band and play guitar.

Doesn't sound all too bad... oh.. except for the age 6-11 that is
rolleyes.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, Puffy is an actual Japanese pop band. They actually perform on Cartoon Network every once and a while, and they did some show themes (They did the theme for Teen Titans.)

That's why they have their own show now, I guess.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, Puffy is an actual Japanese pop band. They actually perform on Cartoon Network every once and a while, and they did some show themes (They did the theme for Teen Titans.)
so that's why the Teen Titans theme sounds so japanese...
anyway, wapanese anime like these make baby jesus cry...
why doesn't cartoon network just license real japanese anime instead of making shit like this?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cartoon Network doesn't carry lots of japanese show because they are american! They rather make their own shows than license expensive foreign shows. Cartoon Network has a animation School in Argentina so I guess it's a better way to produce new content rather than import (mostly mediocre japanese with copy each other). Look at the powerpuff puff girl japanese edition, t's nothing compared with the original one, and guess which one is more expensive??

The japanese wannabe is FOX, but cheaper since most shows are donde in Korea and China, and THERE'S A BIG DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY. Also most of their shows are into the "collect something and use it against your enemies!" kind of marketing with cards and tons of toys, which are ok if the first product is good, unlike "Beyblade" and lots of others...

I guess I rather watch Transformers and Thundercats, for my toy filled animations...

junker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, cartoon network stuff isn't bad at all! most "real" anime(targeted at kids) today suck anyway. all the same cliche crap. teen titans is a pretty good show, and so are most of the cartoons on cn.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
why doesn't cartoon network just license real japanese anime instead of making shit like this?
Because the song is still in English.
I know it's in english, but it sounds much like real japanese anime intros

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: admonish