OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
releaseses7.png

Read to know when a game could be dumped:
These dates are what retailers say is out unless stated otherwise, sometimes they make dates up for pre-ordering purposes. These dates could also be "shipping dates" which usually means that that's the date when games get shipped to stores so a game could either be in stores on that day or after. Some games may get delayed some others not listed may appear but at the moment of posting these are correct. Also just because a game is released in stores it doesn't mean that they'll appear on our internets but NA titles usually appear on our 'nets Wednesday night UK time. I love you with mouth.

DS

25th March

Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

approvege0.png

Region: US Genre: Action Slasher
Developer: Team Ninja Publisher: Temco

Ryu Hayabusa returns in this action-packed and totally unique game following Tecmo's thrilling Ninja Gaiden series. The Team Ninja-developed title is a 3D action game (well kinda, its pre-rendered backgrounds) that makes full use of the DS's most standout feature: the stylus. The entire game can be controlled almost entirely with the touch-based motions. You guide Ryu about the play field by tapping in the direction you'd like to go. Slashing the touch pen from down to up makes Hayabusa launch an enemy into the air, into a perfect position for combos. You make Hayabusa jump by tapping the screen twice, and can then point to enemies to shoot shurikens at them and perform a downward thrust attack. Even your ninja arts make use of the stylus, requiring that you draw shapes in order to perform the special attacks. Buttons are used only for defensive moves. I played the Japanese game and though its short it is very good.

Video Link

ME0000917813_2.jpg
ME0000921188_2.jpg
ME0000917823_2.jpg
ME0000917802_2.jpg

Harvest Moon DS Cute

Region: North America Genre: Farm RPG
Developer: Marvelous Publisher: Natsume

Girl version of the buggy as hell first DS title which kinda sucked ass. This one is said to not be as buggy and has a few new things. I may give it a go one day but meh.

Video Link

935053_20070711_screen001.jpg
935053_20070711_screen002.jpg
935053_20070711_screen003.jpg

Mazes of Fate DS

Region: North America Genre: Dungeon crawler
Developer: Signature Devices, Inc. Publisher: Graffiti Entertainment

Yes its in this thing AGAIN, can't they just release it already? Early footage of this was dreadful but it was clearly early and if you look at the vid posted you'll be pleased to see that its look better and smoother. Could be better than Orcs & Elves and a lot of people enjoyed the GBA version though from what I hear its just the same but tarted up a bit and a few new player avatars.

Video Link

Screen4.jpg
Screen14.jpg
Screen5.jpg

27th March

Kidou Senshi Gundam 00

Region: Japan Genre: Action Mech Thing
Developer: Bandai Namco Games Publisher: Bandai Namco Games

Well aint you a pretty thing, the trailer gives it more justice than the pictures. Could be a good game but then Bandai Namco Games kinda suck. Fly around as a robot and shoot other robots in big (for the DS) landscapes. Chances of it coming out in English? Slim.

Video Link

ME0000926057_2.jpg
ME0000926065_2.jpg
ME0000926052_2.jpg

Simple DS Series Vol.35 THE Genshijin

Region: Japan Genre: Strategy/Sim
Developer: Bandai Namco Games Publisher: Bandai Namco Games

The PS2 version is one of the rare Simple titles to actually come out in the US! It's a strategy-sim-type game in which you control a tribe of cavemen. Thats all I know.

ME0000929622_2.jpg
ME0000929621_2.jpg
ME0000929623_2.jpg

Also out in japan:
Business Ryoku Kentei DS
Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Bongole Shiki Taisen Battle Sugoroku
Lux-Pain
Sakana to Asobou! Aquazone DS - Kaisuigyo

28th March

Double Sequence: The Q - Virus Invasion

Region: Europe Genre: Puzzler
Developer: New Wave Team Publisher: DSI

Looks a bit "homebrewy" doesn't it? In "Double Sequence," players shift and slide blocks of the random genetic code in order to match like colors. This will not be easy-the patterns become more difficult as the Q-Virus ravaged more planets. Yawn?

944730_20080310_screen001.jpg

Teenage Zombies: Invasion of the Brain Thingys

approvege0.png

Region: Europe Genre: Platform Puzzle
Developer: InLight Entertainment Publisher: Ignition Entertainment

At first I thought that this would just be ok and then I saw a new video and saw that you can climb into a Alligator and eat your way out so WIN! It sounds like its gonna be like The Lost Vikings and with the similar style humour. It may not set the world on fire but I'm looking forward to it.

Video Link

ME0000890551_2.jpg
ME0000890550_2.jpg
ME0000890547_2.jpg

George of the Jungle

Region: Europe Genre: Platformer
Developer: Crave Publisher: Ignition Entertainment

Bog standard licensed platformer, could be fun, could suck balls. Look out for that tree.

941989_20071004_screen003.jpg
941989_20071004_screen005.jpg
2005767431136829516_rs.jpg

Hurry Up Hedgehog!

Region: Europe Genre: Board Game
Developer: ?? Publisher: Oxygen Interactive

Oxygen Interactive strike again with some more crap. Amazingly I've seen people purchase crap like this, such a shame.

945011_20080226_screen002.jpg
945011_20080226_screen005.jpg
945011_20080226_screen004.jpg

Wii

March 25th

Emergency Mayhem

Region: US Genre: Mission based driving game
Developer: Codemasters Publisher: Codemasters

Hey its a cancelled Xbox game from 2004! Hey it looks a bit Dreamcasty! Back then it was by Acclaim but for some reason Codemasters liked it and bought the rights. You drive fire engines, police cars and ambulances, and you drive around a city looking for people who are in need of help and you've gotta do this within a time limit. So its Crazy Taxi then but with emergency services. One of the missions involves driving a patient to the hospital, and every jolt or crash you do effects their health so as well as doing the missin as fast as you can you'll also need to drive as safe as possible. The controlled completely by the Wiimote in the regular driving fashion. Could be good, I do like the idea and it reminds me of those SEGA arcade games they did in the late 90's. I hope its good anyway.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Obscure: The Aftermath

Region: US Genre: Survival Horror
Developer: Hydravision Publisher: Ignition Entertainment

Here's another PS2 port, though Americans have yet to recieved it. On the PS2 it rated alright getting 7/10 on most sites. The sequel to Obscure takes place two years after the gruesome events of the first game. The survivors have gone on to college and try to return to their normal lives. After the discovery of a beautiful but strange plant on school campus, events take a turn for the worse. Soon, the college students have to battle for survival once again. Players of Obscure The Aftermath can choose their character and one AI controlled sidekick. In total there are six playable characters, each with their own unique abilities. These can be switched at various points in the game. Due to the game's co-op feature, friends can join at any time to team up and attempt surviving the game together. There are many available weapons to keep the monsters that hunt you at bay. Light might be the players' biggest ally because you never know what's lurking in the shadows.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Octomania

Region: US Genre: Puzzler
Developer: Compile Heart Publisher: Conspiracy Entertainment

Looking like the GBA game Nonono Puzzle Chai-Rian, this is another puzzler that would've been better suited to Wiiware. On a peaceful day in the land of Lonronpia, Kari, an apprentice magician, is summoning up her favourite treat. When her spell goes horribly awry, hundreds of thousands of coloured octopi suddenly rain down from the clouds. A guardian angel appears before her, asking Kari to rid the land of the octopi and undo the damage of her failed spell. A multiplayer puzzle game for Wii, Octomania features challenging puzzle gameplay, online multiplayer, and a variety of different play modes, Play alone, alongside a friend, or against a random player online! Looks fun.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Opoona

Region: US Genre: RPG
Developer: Omega Force / ArtePiazza Publisher: Koei

Finally a new Wii RPG, this time next year though, we'll have too many! Opoona is the story of a boy who is a descendant of brave warriors, known as Cosmo Guards. These Cosmo Guards strive to maintain universal peace. During a trip to the planet Landroll, Opoona becomes separated from his family. His brother and sister are missing, while his parents are hospitalized with serious injuries. In order to search for his siblings, Opoona must get a job and a “license” to travel between colonies. Thus, Opoona’s adventure begins as he struggles to establish a life for himself on this new planet. Opoona is a “lifestyle RPG”. The player must adapt to a new environment, meet new people, get a job, all while becoming aware of the precious world and people surrounding him.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Also out are:
Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk
MiniCopter: Adventure Flight
Summer Sports: Paradise Island

WiiWare

March 25th

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King

Region: Japan Genre: Country Building RPG
Developer: Square Enix Publisher: Square Enix

Wiiware title, so don't expect a dump! The game tells the story of what happened after the original Crystal Chronicles. The Little King of the subtitle, who lost his kingdom due to the events of the first game, gains from the crystals the power to build things. He uses this to revive his fallen kingdom.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Kotoba no Puzzle Mojipittan Wii

Region: Japan Genre: Puzzle
Developer: Namco Bandai Publisher: Namco Bandai

Some sort of puzzler for WiiWare.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Pokemon Farm

Region: Japan Genre: Pet sim?
Developer: Nintendo Publisher: Nintendo

This game lets you transfer your Pokemon over from Pearl and Diamond. You can then raise your little friends in a farm-like environment. You're free to bring your Mii and your family's Miis to your ranch and can do things like taking pictures of your Pokemon which can then be sent to friends. They are charging for this! Should be free in my opinion.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Star Soilder R

approvege0.png

Region: Japan Genre: Shooter
Developer: Hudson Soft Publisher: Nintendo

I want this game. Its a shooter on Wiiware, whats more do you need to know?

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

* * * Coming Soon * * *

Its back! After many months of it not appearing, I've decided to bring back the "Coming Soon" bit back to the thread. This section will feature games that will be out later in the year, unlike before there are more than one and unlike before they may not all end up great they are just featured for the sake of it. Is there a game you are liking the look of that you feel is getting overlooked? Than PM me with a write up and I'll feature it on a future thread. Please don't make them TOO long and keep with the format of my thread.

DS

Zero-G

Expected Release UK 14th April Genre: Future style racing
Developer: Midas Entertainment Publisher: Midas Entertainment

I hope that this is a good racer but two things make me think that it won't. 1. Its being released at £14.99 and 2. Midas Entertainment release crap games, but hey lets be optimistic here, the game does feature online wi-fi mode (something most bigger games don't bother having) and seeing as we probably won't get Wipeout it'll have to do for weapon based future racing. Oh and I think that Speed Racer DS will be much much better.

zerog2.jpg
zerog7.jpg
zerog1.jpg

Rondo of Swords

approvege0.png

Expected Release US 15th April Genre: Turn Based Strategy RPG
Developer: Success Publisher: Atlus

I featured this last year in the coming soon bit but back then I never thought that it'll come out in English. Rondo of Swords combines an epic narrative, complete with a branching story and multiple endings, with an innovative combat mechanic that takes advantage of the DS touch screen and forces you to add even more strategy and planning to your attacks. Route Maneuvers allow you to hit all enemies in your path and enhance your attack or defense, while managing your Momentum Counter to gain stat bonuses and control who your enemies target becomes critical to success! Challenging gameplay, a lengthy campaign, deep party management, and customizable skills all come together to make Rondo of Swords a compelling fantasy strategy RPG package. Cleanse the sacred blade, protect the princess, and vanquish the oppressing armies of your enemy on your quest to deliver the Kingdom of Bretwalde from tyranny! Sure we get a lot of these sort of RPG's but at least this one is trying something different.

Video Link

ME0000918932_2.jpg
ME0000918933_2.jpg
ME0000918939_2.jpg

Wii

Space Invaders: Get Even

approvege0.png

Expected Release: TBA Genre: Invade-me-do
Developer: Taito Publisher: Taito

Instead of shooting the little pixel aliens, this time YOU ARE them! All I know about this game is that you have 300 aliens and you have to unleash a rain of terror on man kind so you can take over the Earth. There are rumours that this could be a WiiWare release.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

de Blob

approvege0.png

Expected Release: US June 27th Genre: Puzzle
Developer: Blue Tongue / Banana Games Publisher: THQ (I shit the not!)

An action puzzle title that allows players to explore and liberate an alien city from the evil, monochromatic I.N.K.T. Corporation that has taken over the city and outlawed all color and fun from daily life. Playing as de Blob, gamers will embark on a quest to re-animate the city of Chroma, and bring spunk and character back to the oppressed, by splattering buildings, landmarks, and citizens with color. de Blob features an intricate single player campaign as well as a multiplayer experience that supports up to four competitors via split screen. The game was conceived by a team of nine students studying Game Design & Development at Utrecht University's School of the Arts in the Netherlands. Some say that this is a Katamari clone, they are wrong. The game was originally designed by 8 students as a free PC download and can be downloaded from here.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

Readers Forgotten Classic

Welcome to a new section, last year I did a "you may have not played" thing where I wrote up a game that has already been released but most people have either ignored or just forgotten about, its back but this time its YOU who decides what gets featured. So if there is a game that you loved on the GBA/DS/GC/Wii but you think is being ignored than write about it and it'll be featured in future threads. It doesn't matter if its something I like or not, I'll feature it. Please state why you like the game but please keep it brief. Also leave the pics and vids to me. Also, nothing too recent.

Mobile Suit Gundam MS Sensen 0079
Written by webyugioh

Format: Nintendo Wii Genre: Mech Action
Developer: Namco Bandai Publisher: Namco Bandai

The MS moves pretty fast. Feels realistic enough. You actually kinda need to watch your ammo, overheat and etc which I think is a nice touch tactically. A.I. is pretty good, can be hard sometimes but mostly easy. You can swing your melee weapons. It's so easy to aim that you rarely need to lockon to hit your target. The story mode is great and allows you to slightly customize you gundam. The story mode is very fond to me. It consists of a loading screen with text, a short screen of dialog between characters, a briefing screen, and the hangar where you can look at pilot and MS data, equip new MS, equip weapons, and my personal favorite part : alter the colors of your MS. Hurray! Missions consist of moving about the terrain with your 2 squad members and doing various missions. Like protecting a ship or destroying all of your enemy's cargo ships or something like that. Sadly though it is only in Japanese right now, so i feel it never got the credit it deserves. I know some pretty good Japanese, but i feel one could play it with no Japanese experience. It is an all around fun game and the best gundam game ever created.

Video Link

Click to enlarge pics:

And that is your lot, no thread next week as there's nothing that remotely looks good and I fancy a week off to get over my severe man flu.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Except for Ninja Gaiden.. nothing else really special.. :/

Hadrian should've mentioned that those WiiWare tiles are for Japan only.. WiiWare will launch on the US only in May
frown.gif

anyway, good work!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Except for Ninja Gaiden.. nothing else really special.. :/

Hadrian should've mentioned that those WiiWare tiles are for Japan only.. WiiWare will launch on the US only in May
frown.gif

anyway, good work!
If you look at the "Region" bit under each of the WiiWare games you'll see that it says Japan.

US release of Puchi Puchi Virus still has a Q2 2008 date.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! It looks like the Wii is FINALLY going to be getting some decent games. A few more, and I could actually want to buy a console of the current generation...

(Previously thought about a Wii, but when I looked through all of the games released in NA so far, I just didn't see enough to make it worth buying one.)

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Torte said:
Man, I thought that was a new F-Zero or Xtreme-G game for DS. Suxxorz
Extreme-G was brilliant. According to the DS title's name it looks like it combines those two
biggrin.gif

If you look at the name "Zero-G" more closely it isn't at all exciting. Who likes staying on one place :/

Anyway I don't like how all the characters in Teenage Zombies move at once. Seems to be it ruins the whole puzzle element, just switching powers like in Super Princess Peach oh wow. There was nothing wrong with Lost Vikings.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
Ninja Gaiden should be pretty awesome, I could download the Japanese version but I'm going to take the time to finish up Apollo Justice.

I have a huge backlog of games to play and I've recently discovered the awesomeness (yes that's a word) of Puzzle Quest Challenge of The Warlords so I'm not anxious for anymore releases but April is going to be pretty great (The World Ends With You).

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Ninja Gaiden looks cool as always but i never played it so it will be interesting
I don't know about harvest moon but may just try it for fun
George of the jungle is a cartoon network show which is kinda silly comedy so skip it
Teenage zombies... nice idea looks interesting to be tried
Excellent work Hadrian and get well soon
P.S - Just tried insecticide and really liked the game... controls a little difficult but nothing much to complain about

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of slim lining the Wii section and just mention the ones that have a chance of being good, of course that means some weeks of a Wii less section but then who cares?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love how these last few years, Atlus has been bringing some very unique games to the GBA/DS/WII/PS2 that would otherwise have probably never made it stateside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU