Tencent acquires minority stake in Dontnod Entertainment

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 923
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
Tencent has acquired a minority stake in Life is Strange and Vampyr developer Dontnod Entertainment for €30 million.
Tencent has an option to propose the appointment of a representative on the Dontnod Entertainment Board of Directors.
The funds raised will be used to finance Dontnod Entertainment’s strategy to develop new self-published intellectual properties worldwide on PC, consoles, and mobile platforms.
Founded in 2008, DONTNOD is an independent French studio that develops "AA" budget video games in popular genres, such as adventure (LIFE is STRANGE, TWIN MIRROR), action (REMEMBER ME) and RPG (VAMPYR).
The studio has built an international reputation amongst leading publishers such as Microsoft, Square Enix, Focus Home Interactive, Bandai Namco Entertainment and Capcom.
Oskar Guilbert, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DONTNOD, said:
“We are delighted to welcome Tencent as a DONTNOD investor.
This is a real expression of trust from a key online game leader, which is behind a number of success stories and has invested in several leading companies in the video game industry.
Through this partnership, DONTNOD is perfectly positioned to take advantage of the various growth drivers in the video game industry, in particular in China and on mobile platforms, in cooperation with an industry leader. The capital increase announced today will enable us to step up and boost the roll-out of our development plan, which aims to capture more value from our original creations by self-publishing more games. ”
Source:https://www.actusnews.com/en/DONTNO...aneous-launch-of-approximately-eur-40-million

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Good thing it's a dev I don't care about this time around, but Tencent is going on a tear and buying up everything recently. Gaming in general is gonna see a noticeable drop in quality if they keep up this pace.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm not worried about the quality i'm more worried of them bootlicking china and quashing human right statements like what commievision/blizzard did at the hearthrone tourney why can't a game company grow a pair stand up to tencent and "say no and fuck off china" are they really afraid of china actually using a nuke to wipe out one game company because they refuse to bend over for them? i'm pretty sure that's the alternate reason if it is truley about money 100% the ceo's must be blind and smoking crack to side with human rights violations

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.