Gaming NDS & Wii Titles Expected: Week of 20th Jan '08

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Exit DS? Holy shit I did not know this. Loved the PSP version to death! And of course No More Heroes, can't wait!
biggrin.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh...
frown.gif

It will be a long wait for Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword. I just can't make myself get excited about this new Advance Wars. For a strategy game, that series is about as good as it gets. But I'm strated out. Mario Olympics is about the only thing I see myself possibly playing, and I anticipate utter mediocrity with that game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just updated Mazes of Fate DS, it appears that it isn't a pure port of the GBA one, but a 3D remake. It looks absolutely horrible, a lot lot worse than the GBA one! I really can't believe this is going to be released like that its so damn bad like some crap early prototype. Anyway I changed the youtube video and added a screenshot.

I'm avoiding this version but will give the GBA one a retry perhaps.

vapour99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
randomgaming.tk
XP
Country
Canada
omfg! ADVANCE wars DS looks sooo good. I sat with my mouth open watching the vids.... I am a big fan of dualtstrike and all the others in the series. I hope they upped the AI and the wifi isn't flawed....

wifi is the biggest thing really, now I can play against someone who can actually beat me =)

also c&c ds, looks okay, whatever happened to that c&c project in homebrew? that would probabley be better... not sure what to think about it besides the fact that I see hovertanks from tiberium wars in the screens and troops are huge... (scale?)

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Ohhh mazes of fate, hopefully the movies/screens are just poorly done. I actually liked the GBA version.

Still gotta pass the last Advanced Wars, and I wasnt that big of a fan of Exit on PSP

Looks like another boring week, but at least there are some things I can try and at least understand so thats something =]

OP is tempting me even more to get a Wii....

jmonee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian, thanks for the great post. I love your previews of upcoming games, and I generally base what I play based on your commentary. Here's looking forward to at least some of the games coming out next week. After reading about No More Heroes, I really wish I had a Wii now.

fightabunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the bottom left screenshot of a map in Command & Destroy look like a dick to anyone else?

In any case, no more heroes should be amazing. Looking forward to AWDS2:DoR 2nd most, and Exit DS looks really good. Dunno what you're talking about calling it a style that most people will pass up from screenshots hadrian, the comic book-esque screens look great.

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Exit and No More Heroes are my top choices for this week.

The new year is shaping up, I was disappointed at the lack of games being released. No worries now ^.^

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
Nice list Hadrian as usual
Umm well now we are seeing some spicy games
Advance Wars - I knew i should have waited for this one
Command & Conquer - Knowing yer knowledge about DSI maybe this will be silly
Mario Olympics - Excellent i will get this one
Mazes of Fate - Umm i don't like the looks of this
Both the aquarium games well look not fun
PES 2008 - I have been waiting for this one!! I don't like Fifa all that much since the gameplay is a little unstable like the shots are not so efficient and so isn't the tackling system so good but this games tackling and shooting style i have got used to... AND i don't need that good graphics like the GBA winning eleven is a game i play till today
Ankh - Nice game hope the game has good features and storyline
Prey the stars - Nice graphics but kiddish game

Good DS list this time

D

Deleted User

About Advance Wars...
This is coming out the 21st in America right?
What are the chances of it being leaked
wink.gif
?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About Advance Wars...
This is coming out the 21st in America right?
What are the chances of it being leaked
wink.gif
?
Theres a chance perhaps, some copies are already in some peoples hands and also I think Nintendo are giving away some at the US & Euro launch parties. The 21st though is the shipping date, in the past they usually arrive a day or so later in North America, I know last year Wednesday night (UK time) was when all the games made it to the rom bushes.

Oh yeah, the first delay is Pro Evo 2008, out a week later now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof