Misc Nds WiFi settings? WEP or ?

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering what is the nds wifi settings ? i am using on my wifi router security setting is WPA and says nds does't support this . so whats the settings for my router that works on my nds? does't matter if it has security or not .
Thanks in advance

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WEP or no security at all, that's it.

To counter this and improve security, once you have set the DS up you can turn MAC address filtering on and SSID broadcasting off.

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
WEP or nothing, that's it.

Thanks and there 2 more options when i pick WEP i get :
Security option : automatic, open system, shared key
WEP key format: ASCII, hexadecimal

which one do i pick or leave it at that??

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For WEP, you are supposed to type in a keyword. After which you will generate 4 password. Use the first password on your DS. Make sure to use 64 bit WEP as opposed to 128 bit WEP.

If you can, can you post screenshot of your router settings on wireless?

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
For WEP, you are supposed to type in a keyword. After which you will generate 4 password. Use the first password on your DS. Make sure to use 64 bit WEP as opposed to 128 bit WEP.

If you can, can you post screenshot of your router settings on wireless?

Thanks i got it to work now and again thanks alot

fruolie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ringo619 said:
I was just wondering what is the nds wifi settings ? i am using on my wifi router security setting is WPA and says nds does't support this . so whats the settings for my router that works on my nds? does't matter if it has security or not .
Thanks in advance

I followed the steps below, and could connect my nintendo dsi with my router with security setting WPA:

Step 1 – Select System Settings from the Main Menu.
Step 2 – Select Wireless Communications and ensure they are turned ‘on’. After you have selected ON, select OK.
Step 3 – Using the green arrows, find the screen which shows Parental Controls at the top, and Internet at the bottom.
Step 4 - Enter your pin, select OK
Step 5 – After selecting Connection Settings, you will be presented with this screen. Select Manual Setup
Step 6 – Select the grey box in the middle of the screen, and you will be presented with a keyboard. Type in your network name. Ensure that you include any capital letters, and other symbols. It is important that it matches exactly to how it appears on your computer
Step 7 – Make sure you have accurately entered your network name, and select OK.
Step 8 – After which select the right green arrow until you come to the Security screen. Select Change Security Settings.
Step 9 – Select the correct WPA setting. This information can be found on your computer, in the file theat contains your internet service provider information.
Step 10 – After clicking OK, this screen will appear, and click save.
Step 11 – After your setting shave been saved, you will be asked to test your connection. Before selecting Yes, make sure you are no more than ten feet away from where your wireless router is situated. Testing connection screen appears, and if all goes well…
You should get a confirmation screen showing that you have successfully connected your DSi to your network.

Now you are able to go online through your router
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
There's something 'fruolie' forgot to mention

IF you select [Connection 1] to [Connection 3] You ONLY have 'None ot the 'WEP' security option avaliable
You need to select [Connection 4] to [Connection 6] (avaliable when you tap the 'Advanced Settings') to get the other possible Security settings

& as Rydian has said -
Commercial ROMS will ONLY use the settings in [Connection 1] to [3] while in-game (remember these have only 'none' or 'WEP' security) - so you won't be able to download extras (like in Layton games - extra puzzles) even if you can use your DSi to browse the Net through your WiFi

Unless you change your router security to WEP (or 'none' - not a good idea) there is no other way (that I know of) of WiFi connection 'in-game'

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
digipokemaster said:
how do i change wpa2 to wep? on my clear network
You need to go into router settings and change it there. If you can't figure out then list you router model here or call customer service.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it very easy to do right? my grandpa set it up and didnt know i couldnt access online play with it being wpa-2. we had it under wep before we got clear wifi he very technology challenged

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista/7, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your "default gateway". Write those down. Go open any web browser, and enter the four numbers (like 192.168.x.x) into the address bar, and press enter.

A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page.
http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

Then you'll be able to see what sort of wireless security settings you have set up. First make sure that SSID broadcasting is ON, then remember what the SSID is, it's the name of your network. Change it if you want. Turn MAC address filtering off. You will need to change the wireless security type to WEP if it's on anything other than WEP. It'll have you make a pass key or phrase. WRITE. IT. DOWN. After you save the changes, you will need to enter that key on any machine (computer or game system) that you want to connect to the internet.

Then in the game, go to the wireless settings. Have it scan, pick out your network from the list, enter the key/phrase when requested.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem. I am trying your advice out and the internet seems to be working fine for the DSI but I can't connect tp Wi-Fi and play Mario Kart DS. I don't use WEP anymore sadly so what do I do?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want to keep playing you'll have to swap the security down to WEP or remove it completely while you're playing and put it up again afterwards.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh but how do I do that? I want to play Mario Kart DS online and most of the options will not let me edit them (not clickable). WEP and SSID is the only clickbale options.

smashdude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSI under settings reads 'connected to (not giving out name of recipient), and then has something listed under Security that is NOT a WEP or another type of W-something connection. What does Mario Kart DS need? I used to play this game online and it worked great. How do you remove security (my dad does not want me messing with his router)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc