ROM Hack NDS Trainer #2 - WOOT!

xbman

Trophies
XP
Country
God, no intros please! They are so frigging annoying, and make it blatantly obvious in public you are doing something wrong. The nfo file is good credit, use those
biggrin.gif
! It's not like we don't read them if we want to know who released it, most of us care about the game and thank the person who gave it. That is enough, we don't need to be forced to watch a 3-minute-long cartoon Mario saying F*** YOU HA HA HA RELEASED BY TEAMXSCAPELEETUBARSAUCES HA HA HA every time we try to start the game.

To do an effective trainer you NEED an intro / engine / menu so you can select which options to enable / disable, etc. Yes you can just patch a rom to force some options on but not everyone wants them always on or wants to use their own combination. Not to mention if you are doing any type of hooks or direct memory changes (i.e. forcing a specific value into a specific memory address) then you need external code to handle that. So if you want real trainers this is what you will get.

If you don't want an intro then don't apply a trainer.

As for Venom, keep them coming!

nixpins

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God, no intros please! They are so frigging annoying, and make it blatantly obvious in public you are doing something wrong. The nfo file is good credit, use those
biggrin.gif
! It's not like we don't read them if we want to know who released it, most of us care about the game and thank the person who gave it. That is enough, we don't need to be forced to watch a 3-minute-long cartoon Mario saying F*** YOU HA HA HA RELEASED BY TEAMXSCAPELEETUBARSAUCES HA HA HA every time we try to start the game.

To do an effective trainer you NEED an intro / engine / menu so you can select which options to enable / disable, etc. Yes you can just patch a rom to force some options on but not everyone wants them always on or wants to use their own combination. Not to mention if you are doing any type of hooks or direct memory changes (i.e. forcing a specific value into a specific memory address) then you need external code to handle that. So if you want real trainers this is what you will get.

If you don't want an intro then don't apply a trainer.

As for Venom, keep them coming!

Actually, I think he was referring more to intros on releases without trainers, which was implied would happen earlier up in the thread.

QUOTE(Qrayzie @ May 23 2006, 11:36 AM)
The only sad thing to me is that VENOM is opening the door to NDS releases with intros.

I'm all for intros/boot menu on trainer-ized versions, as, like you said, you need them for versatility. But intros that exist just for the sake of flashiness, with no actual use (as they would be on otherwise-clean releases), are kind of annoying.

Ender15

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Excellent (best Mr. Burns voice).

I'm looking forward to the uproar when a wifi enabled game gets a trainer... I would probably buy a nintendo wifi dongle for that.. go team GbaTemp (they always win
smile.gif
)

Ummm the animal crossing map editor could give you infinite bells and such. And a huge house with anything you could ever want too... isn't that like a wifi game trainer sorta? In the sense that you do cheat...

I fully support intros on trainers, but I don't support intros on games. There is always title screen editing and such to add in the name of the group that released it. And there is always the nfo...

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, let me clarify:

Intro with a trainer + ROM = Of course!
Intro + ROM = Ugh, let's not start that again.

Didn't mean to hijack the discussion, it's just the first thing that came to mind.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tested it on an EZ4 (Client beta 1, latest loader flashme v6), use the following batch code if you are unsure with a dos prompt.

Code:
rename *.nds castlevania.nds
bspatch castlevania.nds castlevaniatrainer.nds V-CADOST.BDF

I also pulled apart the rom in ndstool and 0k dummied the cvop.dmd after I patched the rom.

Trainer and rom worked fine.

As for intros stuff like this is fine, but for roms in general no way. I was lucky that by the time I came to flashcarts I knew/was taught enough about how to get rid of intros but for the few months prior that when I was an emulator man space bar was my friend.

Thankfully rising sun are pretty much dead these days, hmm new avatar idea, (their DS NFO's promise intros soon).

Shameless plug I know but http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/wiki/index.php/Clean_roms may help some people.

junker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic, and for a game that benefits from a trainer this time around.
smile.gif

no way! this just kills the fun out of the game! i never understood the need for game genie\shark\whatever and trainers. if the game is impossibly hard for you, then i can see why you want it; otherwise, there's no need for them since there's no real accomplishment or anything like that. i'm talking about unlimited health\mp..maybe unlimited money has the real ability to make this more fun...but then you'll just buy all weapons instead of harvesting souls to upgrade haha

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fantastic, and for a game that benefits from a trainer this time around.
smile.gif

no way! this just kills the fun out of the game! i never understood the need for game genie\shark\whatever and trainers. if the game is impossibly hard for you, then i can see why you want it; otherwise, there's no need for them since there's no real accomplishment or anything like that. i'm talking about unlimited health\mp..maybe unlimited money has the real ability to make this more fun...but then you'll just buy all weapons instead of harvesting souls to upgrade haha

What can I say, I -love- to cheat.
smile.gif
I have no problem beating the game on my own, but cheating = awesome.

BoBMang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the Enhanced Abilities do?

I seems to set all your stats to 255, but those seem to reset anytime you change equipment. Plus I'm wondering if those values are correct - with 255 LUCK wouldn't you be getting Soul drops from every enemy?

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
biggrin.gif

You can always press the START button to skip a cracktro. And if you want a clean rom, go to your local dealer, and buy it.

nfos suck for real. A cracktro is a must on a release. I`ve talked to RS a few months back. And itz just a matter of time, until the cracktros are back.

KeEp tHe ScEnE AlIvE !!! OlDsKoOl WiLl NeVeR DiE !!!

lecture.gif

stingfist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To plasmatron...shut up.

When there can be no intro clean roms, why make a lame cracktro before the rom startup and ruin it? No-Intros ftw!

Ah and I hope they can do a Lost Magic save editor or trainer sometime, that game is HARD
tongue.gif

misoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what exactly do you have to do to make it work on supercard?
first put the trainer onto the rom, and then patch it?
because I always get an error if i try that

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
LOVED cracktros since the C64 days, loved the DCS, Capital etc intros for GBC games. Wish they'd bring em back. It's up to the groups, if you don't want them with a nice juicy tro at the start, go buy em!

Ender15

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know tis is a 3 day bump, but is anyone else annoyed by the fact that unlimited money reduces your money count to 256 and holds it there? You can't even buy a potion with that chump change! Has anyone figured out a way to get a good amount of money with that code?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: I hope it's not a week.