Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retro gamers rejoice! Quite a few titles released for next week may be of interest to you. Plus also titles many of you have been waiting for.

11th November

Kodai Ouja: Kyouryuu King - 7-tsu no Kakera

Region: Japan Genre: Dino collect-me-do
Developer: Sega of Japan Publisher: Sega

Its Pokemon...with Dinosaurs. Instant win? Who knows but it looks good! Sega are wanting this to be a big hit and they plan on releasing this outside of Japan. The spin off of Sega's popular Mushi King games, Dinosaur King is a kids oriented title that has you battling your favorite dinosaurs. As Max or Rex, otherwise known as the D-Team, players will collect over 100 dinosaurs, each with its own special moves totaling over 240 in all. Traveling to five different territories around the globe, players will dig for fossils that are indigenous to that region. Once the player has collected their dinosaurs, exciting battles can begin with the evil Dr. Z, a greedy scientist bent on destruction and world domination. Its also an animated series.

Video Link

937360_20070920_screen008.jpg
937360_20070920_screen010.jpg
937360_20070920_screen005.jpg

13th November

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader

Region: North America Genre: Quiz-me-do
Developer: ValuSoft Publisher: THQ

Based on the US version of it (Its "Are You Smarter Than A 10 Year Old?" over here and has the legendary Noel Edmonds presenting) just like the show, from the classmates’ peer pressure, to Jeff Foxworthy’s wisecracks. Test your knowledge with 28 tough grade school subjects with over 3,000 challenging questions, which you can answer with help from your 5 classmates. Sounds better than most of these quiz show games.

2002088595463034885_rs.jpg

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Imagination Invaders

Region: North America Genre: cash in-me-do
Developer: Sensory Sweep Publisher: Midway

Imagination land, imaginaaaatioooon laaaaand. Yeah erm this game is based on the kids show that most people enjoy, the little footage of the game actually looks pretty much like the toon and looks like its in 3D and like all cash ins, will have stylus based mini games. Can't find any screens right now but I will update if I find any.

Video Link

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

Region: North America Genre: Beat-me-do & Puzzle-me-do
Developer: Other Ocean Interactive Publisher: Midway

MOOOOOOOOOOOORTAAAAL KOOOOOOOOOOMBAAAAAAAAAAAT!! Ed Boon who developed this originally is overlooking this so its not a mess like the GBA version. Its a port of the arcade version but with WFC and a Puzzle Fighter style mode as well, which is awesome if you ask me but I would've preferred a compilation of the four games but thats me I always want more.

Video Link

ultimate-mortal-kombat-20071012040607022.jpg
ultimate-mortal-kombat-20071012040604147.jpg
ultimate-mortal-kombat-20071012040602725.jpg

13th November

contra4_fakelogo.jpg

Region: North America Genre: Shoot-me-do
Developer: Wayforward Publisher: Konami

Ah another piece of retro goodness! Finally a proper Contra game, sure there was the PS2 game that was good but this is how a Contra game should be. The use of both screens for the game’s core action allows for massive boss battles as players try to seek and destroy the weak points of sky-high enemies. A first for the series, Contra 4 introduces a grappling hook accessory that lets players grab onto elements of the environment directly above them. It also has a co-op 2 player mode but that is multi-card only sadly. Not only do we get a new game but we also get NES versions of the classic Contra and Super C plus there are 5 unlockable characters, including the Probotector from the European version of the Contra games, 2 digital comics, a museum that provides a virtual history of the Contra franchise since the early 80’s, including box art, screen shots and information on every version of Contra from the US, Japan and Europe AND an interview with Contra Producer Nobuya Nakazat. Ok its by Wayforward who have made some shitty games BUT they have made Shantae and that was awesome, plus everyone who has played it says its awesome so no worries! The stuff packaged into this title puts many retro games to shame.

Video Link

ME0000849263_2.jpg
ME0000849257_2.jpg
ME0000849253_2.jpg

Baby Pals

Region: North America Genre: Look after a baby-me-do
Developer: Crave Publisher: Crave

Sporting features like wi-fi link up battles...no not really its another crappy Crave title. Avoid.

943424_20071019_screen003.jpg
943424_20071019_screen002.jpg
943424_20071019_screen001.jpg

Cooking Mama 2: Dinner With Friends

Region: North America Genre: Chef-me-do
Developer: Office Create Publisher: Tatio

More of the same? All-new modes (Cook With Mama, Let's Cook (cooking without assistance) and a 4 player cooking contest) and recipes, plus 150 different food-based mini-games. Majesco is promising improved graphics with "real-time effects that make you feel like you're actually cooking. Adjust your timing and make decisions about your next course of action based on what you see on screen". What's more, you can now also customise your kitchen and change Mama's clothing. Well hot tits ain't that fun?

cooking-mama-2-cooking-with-friends-20071005022245724.jpg
cooking-mama-2-cooking-with-friends-20071005022244631.jpg
cooking-mama-2-cooking-with-friends-20070920061921359.jpg

Orcs & Elves

Region: North America/Europe/Australia Genre: Proper RPG-me-do
Developer: Fountainhead/id Software Publisher: EA

So this week we have a retro fighter, and retro shooter and now a retro RPG, a PC style one at that! Based on the excellent mobile game and behind the guys who brought us Doom & Quake, this game should be awesome! Ok sure it has graphics that would suit a 486 PC game but its the gameplay that counts! The mobile game was a very deep and enjoyable RPG. In this heroic quest to save the Dwarven citadel from the forces of darkness, gamers encounter secrets, treasure chests, devious traps, puzzles and mysterious characters in this expanded edition of the cellphone game by id Software. The game has been crafted entirely anew, utilizing the Nintendo DS unique technology platform. Orcs & Elves features higher graphical fidelity, more levels, items and monsters as players explore a massive Dwarven kingdom riddled with ancient treasures and fierce enemies. Should wipe the floor with crappy Etrian Odyssey. If it does well they may bring Doom RPG to the DS too...awesome!

Video Link

orcs-elves-20071030102709406.jpg
orcs-elves-20071030102711078.jpg
orcs-elves-20071030102713093.jpg

Need For Speed: ProStreet

Region: North America Genre: Street race-me-do
Developer: Black Box Publisher: EA

Anyone else sick of street racing games? EA have failed to produce some DS screens so expect it to be average like the other titles but heres some details on the DS version: A brand new physics engine and an intuitively refined AI engine that smartly delivers on real driving behaviors, four distinct styles of racing - Drag mode, Drift, Grip Racing and, completely new to the franchise, Speed Challenge.

Rayman Raving Rabbids 2

Region: North America Genre: Mini game-me-do
Developer: Ubisoft Paris Publisher: Ubisoft

Anyone else sick of mini games? I'd rather have a GOOD platformer like the GBA had (and not like the DS one last year) but Ubisoft probably think that we want this. Well it could be fun.

Video Link

ME0000849482_2.jpg
ME0000849480_2.jpg
ME0000849479_2.jpg

Also out is Monster Jam which is some kind of Monster Truck game and Garfield Gets Real which was meant to be out a few weeks back and is by DSI, no screens for that but they reckon it is in full 3D. It must look bad if theres no screens as DSI usually ALWAYS have screens for their game...hmmm. Theres also Pets: Hamsterz Life, Horsez 2 and Dogz 2 just added today (12th Nov) but I won't write them up seeing you'll probably know the score with those.

15th November

Dungeon Explorer: Jashin no Ryouiki

Region: Japan Genre: Action RPG-me-do
Developer: Hudson Publisher: Hudson

Those waiting for a Diablo DS may wanna look at this! Its been a while but Hudson are finally bringing their excellent franchise back. This is a hack and slash RPG with a lot of dungeon crawling. No date for outside of Japan but the demo booths at TGS had the game in English so its safe to say its coming. I enjoyed the PC-Engine game so looking forward to this and the future PSP version. The game will feature voice chat & wi-fi which makes this even more exciting. Hudson don't mess the English up!

d5.jpg
d6.jpg
d1.jpg

Famitsta DS

Region: Japan Genre: Baseball-me-do
Developer: Bandai Namco Publisher: Bandai Namco

Also known as Family Stadium, there has been 8 Famicom (NES) games, 5 Super Famicom (SNES) games, one GBA, one N64 and on Gamecube game. Safe to say that the Japanese like these titles as this title celebrates its 20th year of Nintendo baseball games.

ME0000887394_2.jpg
ME0000887396_2.jpg
ME0000841910_2.jpg

Game Center CX: Arino no Chousenjou

Region: Japan Genre: Mini game-me-do
Developer: Bandai Namco Publisher: Bandai Namco

Based on a Japanese television series where comedian Shinya Arino plays popular video games (a majority of which are Famicom games) and records his progress as he works through a time limit (usually 1 day per game... around 13 hours or so). The central gimmick of the game is that you play as two kids who are themselves playing games; they have a Famicom-esque system in front of them and a pile of magazines. Both the games and the magazines are original creations based on classics; the games imitate Galaga, Lode Runner, and others, and the magazines talk about those games in a style reminiscent of Famitsu. Excellent idea, one that we may never see over here.

ME0000893044_2.jpg
ME0000893043_2.jpg

Also out in Japan:
Karada Yorokobu Shokuji & Exercise: Kenkou Kentei
Snoopy to Issho ni DS Eigo Lesson
Wine no Hajimekata DS

16th November

Smart Kid's: Gameclub

Region: Us Genre: Mini game-me-do
Developer: Tommo Publisher: Tommo

Another load of mini games aged at the pre-teen market, but only the smart kids.

ME0000892348_2.jpg
ME0000892341_2.jpg
ME0000892344_2.jpg

Animal Paradise

Region: Europe Genre: Pet-me-do
Developer: Empire Interactive Publisher: Empire Interactive

A English version of Hana Deka Club, erm its another pet sim! Look look you can pet a squirrel!!

ME0000882445_2.jpg
ME0000882444_2.jpg
ME0000882441_2.jpg

Lets Yoga

Region: Europe Genre: Yoga-me-do
Developer: Konami Publisher: Konami

So instead of bringing us the other games that look sweet (like that Phoenix Wright style stock game) they give us this yoga title that most people probably won't want.

938627_20070822_screen008.jpg
938627_20070822_screen005.jpg
938627_20070822_screen001.jpg

Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

Region: Europe/Australia Genre: Footy-me-do
Developer: Konami Publisher: Konami

Not played the Japanese version but I am hoping its a lot better this year.

No upcoming this week, not really had much time. Look look...no mention of the word "gay"...Oh damn just there.

Dates are correct at time of writing. These dates are sometimes SHIPPING dates so if a game isn't in a store please don't complain. Any n00bz moaning about a game not being dumped when they want it will be slapped round balls or tits with a damp hungry haddock.

A Wii edition may or may not happen, depends on what I am doing tomorrow.

P

pasc

Well done like always hadrian (how can we thank you for this ? Is reading really enough ?
wink.gif
), now that I finished CoD 4 (what a relief ^^) and still am busy playing DQM:J, I don't need much other games, but still who can complain ?

About Contra 4: DAMN ! I really expectet this to AT LEAST have a Singleplayer Card Option
frown.gif

The Olympic one Game should be fun thought.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
oh hadrian thanks for the news
wink.gif

i want to play mario olympics, contra iv, raving rabbids 2 (the way the first should have been made) and umk3 (one screen to show you the fatalities is a great feature).

adzix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
wowsers. what an impressive list of stuff to wait for.
although only few of the titles really interest me, it's great to see such a huge amount of releases. always the chance of stumbling across some cool game you haven't read about before.
but for now i am still waiting for panzer tactics more than for anything else.

wiki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A few nice releases, especially Contra 4. Mortal Kombat looks good too, but I don't like how Mortal Kombat is ripping off Street Fighter's Puzzle Fighter, with its 'Puzzle Kombat'. It's ok if you rip off the genre Street Fighter II created, but it's a little disrespectful when you steal another concept the Street Fighter franchise has created. Maybe this is some form of flattery, I don't know.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So much good stuff coming out! Theres no timeee!! Looking forward to Cooking Mama2, Contra, Mortal Combat DS and Mario&Sonic at the Olympics. Mmmmmboy.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
lots of good stuff coming, getting better each week. I wish I had time to play all that!

I actually liked the first Raving Rabbids game for the DS, the graphics were awful but it was quite a good platform game, also, the music was hilarious!

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
this is making me sadder by the minute...
damn you supercard
DAMN YOU!!

my damn card is broke and we got sweet games coming out... just my luck
i guess next summer(when i hopefully wont be broke anymore) i'll have to catch up on all i missed

good job hadrian
great way to keep those noobs from starting infinite topics about when what is coming out.
even though i cant play any of these i enjoy knowing whats out

cribby08

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey hadrian do you know what is going on with panzer tactics? I went to get it at best buy and they didnt have it and I also went to gamestop and they didnt have a copy either. Did it get delayed or something?

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh wow, Contra 4
bow.gif
Yay for my happy Nes times coming back
happy.gif

The Raving Rabbids are back!! DAAAAA-t was so fun on the Ps2 version, I wonder if the DS one is going to be as entertaining ^_____^

Also looking forward Mario & Sonic - first time they're both battling together!
yaynds.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey hadrian do you know what is going on with panzer tactics? I went to get it at best buy and they didnt have it and I also went to gamestop and they didnt have a copy either. Did it get delayed or something?
Its shipped! So its on sale but with it not being a big title or with a kids TV license I doubt most stores will stock it.

Amazon has it in stock though: http://www.amazon.com/Atlus-PT-00070-2-Pan...s/dp/B000TU4M4Q

Waiting to see what this is like, looks really good..

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, another happy week.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - We need more fighting games.
Contra 4 - YES!
Orc & Elves - This looks good to me, I remember these old school style games on the C64
NFS Pro Street - We can only hope this will be good. I like racing games, so...

Rock on Hardian!

I'm still wondering what happened to to that boxing game from last week. I really like boxing games.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, another happy week.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - We need more fighting games.
Contra 4 - YES!
Orc & Elves - This looks good to me, I remember these old school style games on the C64
NFS Pro Street - We can only hope this will be good. I like racing games, so...

Rock on Hardian!

I'm still wondering what happened to to that boxing game from last week. I really like boxing games.
I think it was meant to be released on the 9th or 10th.

I hope these threads make up for my tempcast unpleasantness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o