teapea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
since they are both pretty much identical - will have the same skins and the same homebrew compatibility (as well as there now being a way to use each others firmware on each card)

would it make sense to make the R4 sub forum an R4/M3 Simply forum?

a lot of info is being repeated in both - and 1 central forum for homebrew questions, as well as skins might make more sense?

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree, all these 2 sections are doing is contributing to the same question again & again.
Not to mention giving the whiners a place to cry “Do a search”

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree, all these 2 sections are doing is contributing to the same question again & again.
Not to mention giving the whiners a place to cry “Do a search”
Do a searh, nobody is complaining...
rofl2.gif

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's fine as it is. The two products are the same now, but there might be more significant differences between the two in the future.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with Psyfira and seen as they are now seperate again...., although I will say I wish people would post things like new/updated DLDI enabled homebrew news and in the rom hacking/development section rather than the r4 one.

AionSkull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but they will still be the same hardware... just becuase they have removed the solder point doesnt change anything (they are just hideing it, and it will porbably only be a matter of time before we find a way around it anyhow).... most people wont be soldering them anyways.

and because they are the same hardware, they will be running software the same way, and the same problems will occur on them.

and thats why the forums should be the same. so the information about them can be in one spot and not double posted with half of the people only getting half of the information.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I think it's fine as it is. The two products are the same now, but there might be more significant differences between the two in the future.

You're exactly on the money. Even now with the new batches there is no way to swap between M3 and R4 anymore. The differences will come in time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9