ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We are trying to figure out how to take the textures out of the demo version first since the texture files are fused with the course files in the demo and the final version of the game doesn't have textures in the beta course.

dagrimdialer619

Trophies
Website
p-styling.bebo.com
XP
Country
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Apr 16 2007, 07:52 AM)]
Does anyone have the hacked kiosk one patched already?

I think .TakaM had that version, he passed it off to me but I deleted it a long time ago. Try PM'ing him about it or you could go searching through the forums.

yeah i have that version, I found it on a bittorent website www.isohunt.com looking for nds mario kart kiosk demo. I then patched it and it worked like a charm on my ds-x. ALL THE COURSES ARE TEXTURED!! HOW FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!

Deleted member 49417

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Any one provide a link to the patched rom, or kiosk rom? Much thanks...looked awesome on video
frown.gif

O wait...is this allowed? If it isn't I'll take it off.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure it could be allowed since it's only a demo and not the entire game itself. Though I could be wrong too but meh, you should ask one of the mods/admins.

killjoy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually checked with the mods before posting, and they recommended that I not link to my pre-patched roms. Such is the reason why I posted only ips files. The pre-patched files *are* out there, however, on a few other forums I frequent.

gab10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
killjoy42
i use your patch, but i get white screen
the rom is clean, untrimmed/unhacked version
is that only work for r4
i am using ak+
unsure.gif
wacko.gif

but Yoshi Jr's patch work

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^ I'm guessing you tried to use killjoy's patch on your MKDS rom since my patch worked, correct? If that's the case, it means that you are patching the wrong game. You need the Kiosk demo for killjoy's patch and my patch is only for the actual MKDS game.

gab10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
^ I'm guessing you tried to use killjoy's patch on your MKDS rom since my patch worked, correct? If that's the case, it means that you are patching the wrong game. You need the Kiosk demo for killjoy's patch and my patch is only for the actual MKDS game.

um..
wacko.gif

QUOTESo I'll do this quick for people who want to try out the beta courses and aren't interested in the process. Simply download the ips patch at the following location and patch it to your Mario Kart DS rom (US version) as you normally would:
hack mario kart ds - beta course mod.ips - 11.41MB
rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/24233606/_Hack...se_Mod.ips.html

i use this one
it said patch to your mario kart ds rom(us)
so i think it is using for normal rom
unsure.gif

ksonic1055

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also trying to split the textures from the "all in one" .carc files in the kiosk version. Has anyone tried copying a kiosk level into the full version of the game AND deleting both the original .carc and TEX.carc file?

My R4 is still coming in the mail so if anyone didnt try it i should be able to soon.

Also, PM me if you would like to talk about this further.

killjoy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did try that when I was orignally messing around with the files, but it didn't work for me. I did a little research, and people in the gbadev.org forums told me that someone had created a (buggy) tool for playing around with those files a while ago, but nobody could remember much about it or who made it. Hence I have hit a brick wall since I can only manipulate files and handle a bit of hex (at best). I don't have a clue as to where to start for disassembling the files.

ksonic1055

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am almost done with a break through. Its going to work. for sure. Ill post a patch with working textures for unused courses in the full verison.

thats all i am revealing for now.

killjoy42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds awesome - also, try seeing if there's anyway to make shyguy a playable character if you get a chance. That was my next goal, but I never got around to checking it out.

ksonic1055

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I am missing 3 files i would need to make the courses textured in the full version and nintendo would be the only source, so thats not going to work.

ShyGuy may actually be quite possible. U want him to replace who in the full version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__