Gaming NDS games in which you can/have to raise monsters?

signz

Timelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey ho, I recently finished Digimon World Dusk and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 and was thinking if there are any other monster-raising games for NDS (GB, GBC, GBA, NES, SNES, N64 and PS1 would be ok, too - can't play/emulate any higher, like GC, PS2 or Xbox), like Pokemon, Digimon or Dragon Quest Monsters.

So far I (remember having) played:
- any Pokemon title (well, each generation)
- Digimon World 1, 2 (wow, that really sucks), 3, DS, DS Dusk, DS Championship (feels too much like Tamagotchi)
- Dragon Quest Monsters 1, 2, Joker, Joker 2, Caravan Heart
- Monster Racers
- Monster Tale (that one with Chomp)
- Monster Rancher Advance, Advance 2, DS
~ Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor, Strange Journey (you kinda raise monsters there, too right)
- Jade Cocoon
- Spectrobes
- Persona 1, 2
- Lufia 2
- FFTA
- Battle of
- Fossil Fighters
- How to "train" your dragon

So, yeah. I can't think of other games like that, so help me?
smile.gif

kosheh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Robopon 1 & 2?

you're probably better off with 2, though as 1 might require its gimmick (an IR cartridge that read nearly everything to get statboosters)

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rune factory 1-3

It's more about farming, but you can keep some monsters to help you with farming, battling, or for produce.

And if I'm not mistaken dragon quest hand of the heavenly bride (I think that was VII) has monster raising past a certain point early on in the game.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanwkp said:
Rune factory 1-3

It's more about farming, but you can keep some monsters to help you with farming, battling, or for produce.

And if I'm not mistaken dragon quest hand of the heavenly bride (I think that was VII) has monster raising past a certain point early on in the game.
Just for correction, that's V, but I don't remember raising monsters...

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Look for the "Zombie japanese Game" (I forgot the name, sorry
tongue.gif
)
It doesn't have an American/European release but You can find an English translation patch somewhere here.
I think it's called "Zombie Dayuki" or something like that
yaynds.gif

It's called Zombie Daisuki.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
machomuu said:
shadowmanwkp said:
Rune factory 1-3

And if I'm not mistaken dragon quest hand of the heavenly bride (I think that was VII) has monster raising past a certain point early on in the game.Just for correction, that's V, but I don't remember raising monsters...

Here's an excerpt from an faq on gamefaqs:

08. MONSTER RECRUITMENT

Soon after the start of the second part of the game (generation 2) you will be able to start recruiting monsters to your team.
(...)
Monsters in your party will not respond to your commands until they achieve 20 points for the Wisdom attribute, so it's a good idea to keep them out of the active team until you can give them orders.

source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/942423-dragon-q...ride/faqs/56092

Monsters in the game will also gain levels, an equip items, but you cannot give them direct commands. Other than that, they level up like normal party member and they can learn new abilities. Do note that they can't always be used. Oh and I was mistaken with when you can do it. It is after a while in the story that you can raise monsters, but you do have a monster with you for a little while somewhere in the beginning, but it leaves you later on.

signz

Timelord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kosheh said:
Robopon 1 & 2?

you're probably better off with 2, though as 1 might require its gimmick (an IR cartridge that read nearly everything to get statboosters)
Hm, that could explain why 1 doesn't work on Lameboy. Played 2, but got bored after a while.

shadowmanwkp said:
Rune factory 1-3

Played and finished all 3 RF.
Hm, can't remember the DQ5 monster thing..

QUOTE(nintendoom @ Aug 29 2011, 03:46 PM)
Look for the "Zombie japanese Game" (I forgot the name, sorry
tongue.gif
)
It doesn't have an American/European release but You can find an English translation patch somewhere here.
I think it's called "Zombie Dayuki" or something like that
yaynds.gif

It's called Zombie Daisuki.
Not my type of game..
frown.gif

-
Heh, if there was some translation patch for Digimon - Lost Evolution (non-story stuff would be enough), I'd love to play that (same with the Xros ones).. Ah well, maybe I'll try them anyway..

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanwkp said:
machomuu said:
shadowmanwkp said:
Rune factory 1-3

And if I'm not mistaken dragon quest hand of the heavenly bride (I think that was VII) has monster raising past a certain point early on in the game.Just for correction, that's V, but I don't remember raising monsters...

Here's an excerpt from an faq on gamefaqs:

08. MONSTER RECRUITMENT

Soon after the start of the second part of the game (generation 2) you will be able to start recruiting monsters to your team.
(...)
Monsters in your party will not respond to your commands until they achieve 20 points for the Wisdom attribute, so it's a good idea to keep them out of the active team until you can give them orders.

source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/942423-dragon-q...ride/faqs/56092

Monsters in the game will also gain levels, an equip items, but you cannot give them direct commands. Other than that, they level up like normal party member and they can learn new abilities. Do note that they can't always be used. Oh and I was mistaken with when you can do it. It is after a while in the story that you can raise monsters, but you do have a monster with you for a little while somewhere in the beginning, but it leaves you later on.
Oh, that would make sense, I guess I don't remember because I didn't get that far, sorry.

Middleton

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I will suggest Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for GBA.
We all know it is a good game.
If you played the game more further, you can raised a monster in a farm and use that monster to battle with you.

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
If I remember correctly, Chrono Trigger DS has a monster-raising side-quest.

DarkStriker said:
Persona 1-2 on PSX or PSP
This is kind of pointless, since the topic opener asked for NDS games.
Actually, while the TC is mainly looking for DS games, he'll accept anything up to PSX or N64. However, I'm not exactly sure Persona counts; there's a bit less of the monster-raising than the main SMT series or Devil Survivor.

DS has Battle Of Giants: Dinosaurs and Battle Of Giants: Dragons, Fossil Fighters, the How to Train Your Dragon game, and a couple of others that haven't been mentioned. The two Spore games might count, too. The Shin Megami Tensei games (Devil Survivor and Strange Journey) definitely count, seeing as their premise is building a team of demons to Save The WorldTM, but they are typically considered quite difficult. I'd start with Devil Survivor, if you're new to SMT, because it's the easier of the two.

SNES has Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals, which had a surprisingly robust monster-customization system, considering its age, and the fact that monster-battling wasn't the premise of the game. However, the monsters themselves are somewhat sparse (I've only got one), intended to pinch-hit for the main characters, not replace them. Robotrek is all about building the perfect team of robots.

Jade Cocoon and Dragon Seeds for the PSX. It's been forever since I played them, but they were both primarily about raising monsters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated